Neverwinter Nights 3 Whispers Get Louder

oranger

May 27, 2008
Well on one hand yay! on the other, nwn 2 was damn near unplayable on most systems...wtf were they thinking?
Other than that, if the current bioware makes this game, given their recent proclivity for dumbing down genres, this will be garbage. They'll talk about "appealing to a wider audience" like they always do, and the game will just be a poorer looking dragon age.
Otherwise, this could be brilliant.

edit: I hope they keep the warlock class.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
More Fun To Compute said:
JEBWrench said:
Are there any rumors about the game being good? Because that would be a nice addition to the NWN series.
Arf.

The Neverwinter Nights series has had it's moments. Mask of the Betrayer is probably one of the only computer RPGs of recent years that the majority of grizzled computer RPG veterans can get together appreciate as something that doesn't commit vile necrophiliac acts on the genre.
NWN was great. NWN2 was not up to par, but it wasn't all bad. I think the made up for a lot of the crap in the story of NWN2 with the Mask of the Betrayer expansion. Then pissed it all way with the Storm of Zehir expansion. I have yet to play the last one, but I did install the game again about six months ago to play through the Storm and Mysteries expansions.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
manaman said:
NWN was great. NWN2 was not up to par, but it wasn't all bad. I think the made up for a lot of the crap in the story of NWN2 with the Mask of the Betrayer expansion. Then pissed it all way with the Storm of Zehir expansion. I have yet to play the last one, but I did install the game again about six months ago to play through the Storm and Mysteries expansions.
I think that some of the better parts of NWN2 were due the writing of George Ziets and he also wrote Mask of the Betrayer. I thought that Storm of Zehir had some very interesting game mechanics but the writing didn't live up to MotB and it was a bit rushed as well. Very brave attempt at making an economic campaign and taking some cues from Mount and Blade so I respect it for that.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Kavonde said:
I'd rather see Eberron than Faerun, though, personally. 4th Edition Faerun doesn't have Artemis Entreri in it, and therefore is much less awesome than it used to be.
It doesn't? I thought he 'ate' that shadow-dude, so now he's part shade. So, he should still be around and kicking ass still?

OT: I'm looking forward to this. I thought the vanilla NWN and NWN 2 were pretty much crap, however Hordes of the Underdark and Mask of the Betrayer were both excellent. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll sit through a 'meh' main campaign to get another great expansion pack :)

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Neeshka and Khelgar saved 2 from being 100% crap. I have very mixed feelings about this news. I tried real hard to like NWN2, but I couldn't completely enjoy it. I just realized NWN isn't that much different from DA:O, but DA's somehow controlled so much better.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
MisterShine said:
Kavonde said:
I'd rather see Eberron than Faerun, though, personally. 4th Edition Faerun doesn't have Artemis Entreri in it, and therefore is much less awesome than it used to be.
It doesn't? I thought he 'ate' that shadow-dude, so now he's part shade. So, he should still be around and kicking ass still?
Wait, what? When'd that happen? I thought he finally returned to Calimport and found a measure of peace or whatever.

Well, still, Eberron needs some love. It's had Dragonshard and D&D Online, but both of 'em took place on the Xen'drik. What about the magic lightning trains and halflings on velociraptors, guys?

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
I wont care if it's not made by Bioware... I wont care if it's D&D4th edition

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Kavonde said:
Wait, what? When'd that happen? I thought he finally returned to Calimport and found a measure of peace or whatever.
"It is revealed in Promise of the Witch-King that Entreri, having previously stolen the life-force of a Shadovar, now appears to have reversed age a full decade, and his aging has slowed considerably. It is likely that he will now live as long as an elf or dwarf would."

From the forgotten realms wiki:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Entreri

Shadeovblack

Jul 4, 2009
ShadowKatt said:
I didn't get the first one but I did get NWN 2

And in doing so you failed massively. NWN2 was nowhere near as good as the original. At least not in my opinion.

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
Shadeovblack said:
And in doing so you failed massively. NWN2 was nowhere near as good as the original. At least not in my opinion.
And I would like to know what people liked about the Neverwinter Nights Original Campaign so much, in my opinion it was boring and only served as some half-asses tutorial for the toolset.

Papadam

Apr 9, 2009
To bad it's likely a MMO made by Cryptic.

And if you dont know Cryptic, they are the fast food company of MMOs making Champions and Star trek online as fast and cheap as possible but still required $15/month + microtransactions for all sorts of things. Shallow, heavily instanced and very little content is the hall mark of Cryptic games. Someone called them the Uwe Boll of MMOs. ;)

So don't get to excited about theese news.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Guess I'll have to play NWN2 sometime to get myself into the right mood.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I have to say, i loved NWN 1-2 but i will bet on another Horse here. Demonicon ! The "The Dark Eye" Games till now where astounding, especially awesome if you know the backround from the Books or PnP games

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Papadam said:
To bad it's likely a MMO made by Cryptic.

And if you dont know Cryptic, they are the fast food company of MMOs making Champions and Star trek online as fast and cheap as possible but still required $15/month + microtransactions for all sorts of things. Shallow, heavily instanced and very little content is the hall mark of Cryptic games. Someone called them the Uwe Boll of MMOs. ;)

So don't get to excited about theese news.
But there Already is D&D Online so why would they make another one? Maybe we can finaly get the psionics calls into the game aswell.

Hashimashadoo

Feb 11, 2009
Those that have been following Ed Greenwood's (the creator of the Forgotten Realms) Facebook page will likely have seen confirmation that Atari is developing another Neverwinter Nights game. Perhaps it will tie into the upcoming Drizzt novel: Gauntlgrym which supposedly combines the Drizzt & Neverwinter Nights franchises.

Hashimashadoo

Feb 11, 2009
Did some digging & Cryptic Studios is doing a 4th edition Neverwinter Nights MMORPG under the name Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter.

kittenbot

Aug 5, 2007
I really hope a NWN3 does come out, though I have a wishlist for how to make it NOT like NWN2 >.> (which is agame I love, but feels incredibly archaic even comapred to other 2006 titles)

1. Multicore please.
2. Make a new engine, not just a heavy mod of the 2002 original engine
3. If "Character mode" camera returns, make it like WoW, or any good MMO
4. Fix the movement lag, if you use WASD movement then you rubber band everywhere, even in SINGLE PLAYER
5. Try to release with less bugs than NWN2 had :D

I'm quite happy for obsidian to do it again, though they often release games that need a bit of polish, I've been pretty impressed with their work, (New Vegas was magnitudes better than fallout 3).

edit: NWN2 was great, once the majority of the bugs were fixed, I picked it up again recently and actualyl found a decent PW to play on, I love the game, I hate the interface and the input lag, but I love the game.

shurryy

Nov 7, 2010
Please let this rumor be true... If not i'll wait for the truth about Neverwinter Nights 3.
I want this game! GIVE ME THIS GAME! Damnit. I didn't even play the first one and I hear it's awesome! And I'm hooked on NWN2 so that explains how much I know a bout the series. But if NWN2 is the BAD game of the two, then WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS?! Damn I need to get NWN...