New Avengers Trailer Gathers the "A"-Team

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
Abandon4093 said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
You know, as much as I like Iron Man I hope he gets put in his place a little. I want more Cap and Thor!
Why? RDJ is frikin awesome. Caps 'I iron my undies and never think badly of anyone' type of character is just boring.
True, but he's a bit cocky. I'd hate for the film to turn out as 'Iron Man and friends'.
Well there's a danger of that considering RDJ's personality is likely to eclipse everyone else who's on screen with him. Seriously, that guy is leagues ahead of the rest of the cast in sheer talent. If they'd have kept Edward Norton on board there'd probably be some really memorable on screen fireworks as they both jostled for top dog.

As it stands, the few scenes with Samuel Jackson are probably going to be the only ones that aren't completely stolen.
I think it depends. We could get some awesome bro-scenes with him and Thor. Plus Scarlett Johansen is in it. Seriously... damn.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
N_of_the_dead said:
josemlopes said:
I sure hope Loki isnt the big bad guy of the movie, thats kind of anti climatic, he probably wont though.
Maybe it will be the Skrulls, when that one movie game that got canned was leaked I thought it would end up being some kind of set up for the secret invasion story with either Loki masterminding it or trying to use the Skrulls as a diversion.
Yeah, Loki is more than manipulator type. He'd be the one pulling the strings, directing the real threat from a safe vantage point.

Won't be the Skrulls either, the precursor movies have been setting each other up and the forth coming Avengers. The clues to the Big Bad have to be in these movies somewhere.

FrequentFlyer

Sep 11, 2011
N_of_the_dead said:
josemlopes said:
I sure hope Loki isnt the big bad guy of the movie, thats kind of anti climatic, he probably wont though.
Maybe it will be the Skrulls, when that one movie game that got canned was leaked I thought it would end up being some kind of set up for the secret invasion story with either Loki masterminding it or trying to use the Skrulls as a diversion.
I heard Paramount couldn't use the Skrulls because Fox owned the rights to that property (in lieu of Fantastic Four I believe).

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'll be in the corner. You know, squealing with pure glee.

DeadlyYellow said:
I'm kinda saddened that Edward Norton isn't playing Bruce Banner.
As much as I love me a bit of Norton and I'm truly sad he isn't in this, Mark Ruffalo is a personal favourite of mine so I'm happy he's in it.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
I'm hoping for Thanos. There was the glove in the case at last year's comic con that looked like the infinity gauntlet. Perhaps the cube isn't a tool for villains in this story but instead is used to combat the gauntlet's power.

Butterjaw

Jun 8, 2010
I am looking forward to the little scene they snuck in there of the Capt. and Thor having a scrap.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
So is this gonna be the last big marvel movie?

Or are they gonna make a trilogy for the avenger films?

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Marik2 said:

They will never stop making Marvel films in your lifetime.

Oct 30, 2010
1. Someone has a mad hate on for cars.

2. I like it when Joss Whedon makes people talk.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Sweet trailer of awesome that was good. This movie promises to be great. I wonder how long till the heroes try to kill each other.

FrequentFlyer

Sep 11, 2011
Marik2 said:

Well, let's see... there's a Deadpool film coming in 2014, an Ant-Man film, a Thor 2, Captain America 2, and an Iron Man 3, so....nope. There's no end to this epic journey. They're bound to make an Avengers 2 as well, if only to incorporate other characters (like Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne, Ant-Man and the Wasp respectively).

jaoblia

Jul 21, 2009
I wonder if any of the actors Joss has worked with will make cameos, he seems to do that kind of thing allot. Nathan Fillion as Ant Man, Sarah Michelle Geller as Mocking Bird think of the possibilities!!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
FrequentFlyer said:
Marik2 said:

Well, let's see... there's a Deadpool film coming in 2014, an Ant-Man film, a Thor 2, Captain America 2, and an Iron Man 3, so....nope. There's no end to this epic journey. They're bound to make an Avengers 2 as well, if only to incorporate other characters (like Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne, Ant-Man and the Wasp respectively).
Well I mean I dont see how they can make a 2nd thor and captain america after the avengers.

I mean how is it gonna work?

Mar 28, 2011
OhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygod

Here i was thinking i wasn't that bothered as i'm not that big a marvel fan....

God, how wrong can i be?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Hammeroj said:
Not bad, not bad at all. Except that isn't Bruce Banner. Marvel, seriously, if you're planning for a character to appear in multiple films, use some precautions. Like not fucking the actors over when it comes to salaries or something.
From everything I've heard the problems were on Nortons end, that while an amazing actor he is both difficult to work with and to keep on a schedule (something essential to this franchise). Likewise the whole issue with Rhodey in Iron Man 2, was because they cast Terrence Howard first in the original film and he actually got paid more than what would be expected proportionately to his scene time. He refused a pay cut for the sequel and they managed to get a far better actor in Don Cheadle for less.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
FrequentFlyer said:
Marik2 said:

Don't want to burst bubbles yet, but I figure they won't be adding Antman or wasp... not exactly the shining stars of Marvel.

But then again... could surprise me.