New Avengers Trailer Gathers the "A"-Team

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Captain America was a cool movie, even though it kind of didn't go anywhere, no really big climax and all the action was pretty rushed (same thing with IM2 I think). Thor was just...well not much substance and not really anything "awesome".
Still, Whedon will take care of this, now he has a budget and control and a fine crew of actors, I think the movie will be very good.

Ever since Thor's hammer appeared, it became too magical for my taste, I mean there's the "science" from comic books, but when you bring in "gods" and other magical devices, there's really a bit too much and you have to have a whole new mind set and a whole different suspension of deisbelief. Also there's a lot of superheros here, so the threat has to be a world or even cosmic danger, that also doesn't really leave a lot to originality and straying of the usual plot...so if the story is kind of lame, I hope there's cooler scenes than in this trailer and they're just still in (post)production.

In any case, seems to be in good hands, looking forward to it, no matter the already imbroided flaws.

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
Random but I love Thors laugh after the RDJ comment. Chris Hemsworth is so fricking viking if he burnt down my town and took my stuff I'd be happy about it.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I really wanted Edward Norton to be The Hulk, but I guess Mark Ruffalo isn't such a bad choice...I hope. Also, what's up with his hair? Looked a bit off.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
FrequentFlyer said:
Marik2 said:
So is this gonna be the last big marvel movie?

Or are they gonna make a trilogy for the avenger films?
Well, let's see... there's a Deadpool film coming in 2014, an Ant-Man film, a Thor 2, Captain America 2, and an Iron Man 3.
...Deadpool film...
Where the fuck is a time machine when I need one!?

FrequentFlyer

Sep 11, 2011
TLS14 said:
FrequentFlyer said:
Marik2 said:
So is this gonna be the last big marvel movie?

Or are they gonna make a trilogy for the avenger films?
Well, let's see... there's a Deadpool film coming in 2014, an Ant-Man film, a Thor 2, Captain America 2, and an Iron Man 3.
...Deadpool film...
Where the fuck is a time machine when I need one!?
Right? I mean, don't get me wrong; mad love for all the Avengers continuity films, but COME ON...this is DEADPOOL we're talking about. I live for his character. He was the superhero (or lack of one really) that brought me into the Marvel Universe, well into my teens, when I was still pledging full allegiance to DCU.

Not Iron Man.

Not Spider-Man.

Not Captain America or even the X-Men.

But Deadpool.

I think I'm just going to go into hibernation. Stock up on Doritos, chug 'em all down one night and go into a deep sleep 'til the year 2014 rolls around.

If this plan fails, I'll try again for May 2012. At least then I'll have the Avengers to watch. shrugs

Mar 26, 2008
RJ Dalton said:
Okay, he gets points for that "genius, billionaire playboy philanthropist" line, but Whedon's still got a lot of ground to make up for since Alien Resurrection.
I read Joss' original script for Alien Resurrection and it was a LOT better than the finished product. If they hadn't have blown all their funding, which resulted in a terrible, terrible rush-job ending it wouldn't have sucked half as bad.