New British Prime Minister Takes office just moments ago! + Live updates of details of agreement

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Alucard 11189 said:
I can't say that I am suprised. I'm not too thrilled about it to be quite honest with you. I know all politicians are slimy, but there is just something about Cameron that just doesn't seem quite right about him..
My biggest problem with the Conservatives is not that their Leader is slimy (though he really is) but that their (Shadow) Chancellor looks like he only left Uni about 3 years ago. At least Gordon Brown, Alister Darling (gotta love the eyebrows) and Vince Cable had an air of authority about them when talking about the budget (ok, less Alister Darling) If the Lib Dems somehow wrangled it so Vince Cable is Chancellor, I'll be dancing in the street.

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
A Tory for PM - THE END IS NIGH!!!! We are all doomed.

But seriously, Im an Aussie living in London, I couldnt give a toss anyway.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Virus0015 said:
Spaceman_Spiff said:
All Hail Cameron and his glorious new galactic empire!
I'm really sorry. I just couldn't resist!
I reckon there will be another election in less than a year, I simply can't see the Liberals and Conservatives working together.

As for Brown, people blame him for everything because he was simply in office during very bad times, the solutions of which were beyond his control. He inherited a lot of crap from Blair, add to that the recession and he really didn't have a chance. People can blame him all they like for doing fuck all, but in reality any leader wouldn't be able to do much either.
Brown was the mastermind [sic] behind every fucked up financial decision in this country since 1997. He's been at the pointy end of New Labour since Bambi Blair became PM.

His becoming unelected PM was joke. And then, after this election, there was talk of a Lib-Lab coalition with a new Labour leader at the helm. The fact that Labour thought for even one second that we'd tolerate yet another unelected PM totally baffles me.

Like it or not, tonights events are the only outcome that could have been. Everything else would have reeked.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009

Hail the new Galactic Emperor!

EDIT: Somehow I know YouTube will remove this.

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
Private Custard said:
His becoming unelected PM was joke. And then, after this election, there was talk of a Lib-Lab coalition with a new Labour leader at the helm. The fact that Labour thought for even one second that we'd tolerate yet another unelected PM totally baffles me.
You do realise that every single Prime Minister is unelected don't you?

Also if the Lib Dems have given up PR I am very disappointed

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
Well.............fuck.

Hopefully the fact he has to rely on the lib dems for support will make a difference

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Well, according to the BBC, it looks like the Lib Dems got 2 of their big election promises into the deal with a referrendum on the voting system and and increase in the level you hit basic rate of tax up to £10K *happy dance*

As long as these go through, I don't mind cuts as anyone who thinks we can go on without cuts is an idiot.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Happy to see Gordon buggering off, long overdue. His appalling degree of cronyism made me gag (and kindly do fuck off Lord Mandy while you are at it).

I find it hard to believe that the Lib Dems would toe the line without some sort of word on electoral reform. As I have already said in a similar thread I would hope for a referendum. Some folks want PR. Some folks want to keep the system of electing a local named MP. Put it to the country please and let us choose and I would be a happy camper whatever the outcome may be.

Of course we were told we would get a referendum by the Labour government and that never showed up and I don't know that we have had one in mainland UK since the 1970s. But I do think that it is time to engage the population in the political process. To my mind "First past the post" election are a freaking joke. Maybe this will be the chance for change (assuming Clegg didn't roll over and show tummy for the chance at a taste of power).

GeneralDefiance

Feb 10, 2010
hope you've all got a ton of cash and land. land rovers and silver spoons will help too. Oh also i hope you've all got good strong backs because you'll be propping the country up for a while to come.

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
Time to emigrate. Canada, please take me in. I love you for your ice hockey and lack of David Cameron.

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Private Custard said:
At least the squatter is out of No.10!

I have no idea how this will work, but I suspect it'll be a bit of a rocky path. At least the markets have started to regain some composure after the 'Brown Monday' jitters.
Brown monday? did you coin that yourself I like it :p

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
Spaceman_Spiff said:
All Hail Cameron and his glorious new regime Reich!
*edited your post for her pleasure*

=D

nah i was jsut having a good ole Tory bash. i tend to lean more to the left so i felt like a giggle. i got nothing against the man or the party

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Plinglebob said:
Alucard 11189 said:
I can't say that I am suprised. I'm not too thrilled about it to be quite honest with you. I know all politicians are slimy, but there is just something about Cameron that just doesn't seem quite right about him..
My biggest problem with the Conservatives is not that their Leader is slimy (though he really is) but that their (Shadow) Chancellor looks like he only left Uni about 3 years ago. At least Gordon Brown, Alister Darling (gotta love the eyebrows) and Vince Cable had an air of authority about them when talking about the budget (ok, less Alister Darling) If the Lib Dems somehow wrangled it so Vince Cable is Chancellor, I'll be dancing in the street.
Oh yeah, and I would join you, but somehow I don't think that is going to happen.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK

Shit...so clegg made a deal with Cameron. Git. I'm dissapointed, I voted Lib Dem, not tory.

generic gamer said:
Excellent, maybe now we can have some tax cuts and some investment in local infrastructure.
Tax cuts and investment in local infrastructure? Like fuck. W'ell probably get the first, but no way the second. Cutting public spending, it's what the tories do best.

Cryo84R said:
Maybe the Royal Navy will get the resources it needs to take up some of responsibility in the Atlantic now.
We love you brits but we could use some more help there so we can get more ships in the Pacific Fleet.
Not a chance. Labour was already getting mass criticism for spending way too much on naval projects, doubt the conservatives will spend more. We're already waaaay overstretched in the middle east we can barely keep up with that, let alone commit to more in the atlantic. Less than half our airforce is airworthy and IIRC if attacked we have enough fuel and ammo reserves to last 2 days. More ships into the Atlantic other than those already on order is pretty unlikely.
The British public pays through the nose so our politicians can fuel their ego's and feel like big men in charge of a major military power. We don't have an empire anymore, we can't afford it, especially now.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
ARatherHandsomeGent said:
El Poncho said:
Where's my gun I have to go shoot myself.
What, you didn't plan for this? I've had mine next to me this whole election. Goodbye cruel David Cameron run Britain!!! (shoots self and wakes up in hell being tormented be a million David Cameron's)
What's so bad about this David Cameron guy and what the hell is "Number 10"??