New Clue Added to BioWare's Mysterious Game Tease

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
the picture reminds me of District 9, but for the rest, i'd say it's a world where there was a big "cataclysm" haha, and there's some scavengers... among possible threats.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't BioWare a relatively small studio? And they're working on what, 5 games at the same time? (Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, this new one (assuming it's not ME3 after all), The Old Republic, Mass Effect 2 on PS3)

These kinds of decisions are entirely up to them, I suppose, but it doesn't exactly fill me with hope as to how good each one will be.
I am pretty sure Bioware is, by now, NOT a small studio.

They have what...5 seperate regional divisions now (if you count Bioware Mythic and the new Bioware office in Ireland as such too) and about 500 employees...and that's not even counting what they'll have when they'll have to take care of SWTOR!

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'd rather see a new property from them. I must be the only person on the planet that didn't get in to mass effect.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Damn it Bioware! Stop teasing and tell us already! You already own my soul and wallet!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I hope its not ME3 as I loved the first two so theres no need for all this build up.

"Its out tommorrow, buy it"

"OK"

But that sniper rifle looks alot like the standard issue from ME.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
I'm guessing the guy with the sniper rifle is just using the zoom on his scope to examine the situation. BioWare wouldn't release a game where you shoot innocent women and children, because they're not STUPID. I'm pretty sure they got their fill of controversy from ME1.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Wow, If bioware is making another original IP I think I will pee myself in delight.

Seriously... I think I might.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
My guess is he's using the sniper scope for magnification, keeping an eye on them/watching them. He could also be covering them. But no, if you're thinking he's taking a shot at them, I really don't think so.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
theriddlen said:
So, Call Of Mass : Duty Effect.
Well played sir, well played.

There might something to that. Seeing Biotics work in real time would be fairly interesting in an FPS..
Oh..you weren't serious.

I am strangely okay with this also.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
Leftnt Sharpe said:
Somehow I doubt that the announcement will have hardcore Bioware fans jumping out of their seats in delight. Well maybe by EA's definition of a hardcore Bioware fan.
thats my guess as well, I doubt that they come out with a crpg which pleases the "hardcore"... it will be another well produced action-adventure with some rpg relics left (regarding the game mechanics)...

drwow

Nov 25, 2009
It's going to be the mass effect 2 multi player thing that bioware was signing people on for this year and last.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
theriddlen said:
It's crosshair from ME2 sniper rifles. ME Universe confirmed, if guy wearing a typical armor from these times and holding sniper rifle from ME2 wasn't enough.

It looks like First Contact War for me (ruins are from colony destroyed by turian fleet). You know, ideal setting for a multiplayer game in ME universe - it already happened, so it won't leak anything from ME3, you still have good tech but not as effective as in ME1-2, and there are two sides that have fought open battles there (there are soldiers rushing to fight in one of ME1 artworks).

So, Call Of Mass : Duty Effect.
I agree about the look of the sniper scope, and as for the idea of it being about the first contact war... that... actually sounds pretty cool o_O
First Contact War game? That isn't "pretty cool", that's incredible! I would love that. Maybe there could be both a human and a turian campaign. That way, we would finally get to play as another species.

Of course, I'd be just fine with it being a ME3 trailer. It's been so long since it was announced, yet we haven't even seen the first screenshot for the game. A trailer would be most welcome.

X-07

Nov 28, 2009
If its a Mass Effect MMO, Im going to be the angriest person on the face of the earth.