New Clue Added to BioWare's Mysterious Game Tease

Kizna

Feb 18, 2010
X-07 said:
If its a Mass Effect MMO, Im going to be the angriest person on the face of the earth.
I doubt that it'll end up being an MMO, but I think that Bioware could pull this off if they wanted to. There are enough alien races in the Mass Effect Universe for a diversified race/class structure. Plus, finally getting to play as a Quarian/Turian/Drell/etc would be fun. :p

I'm excited to see what the new game is though. Whether it's ME3, a new franchise, or Dragon Effect/Mass Age, I would most likely enjoy it. Bioware has the best writing in the industry at the moment, in my opinion.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
well... this IS supposed to be the invasion of the Reapers. i never expected it to be sunshine and flowers

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
RatRace123 said:
DeadlyYellow said:
theriddlen said:
So, Call Of Mass : Duty Effect.
I too suspected it to be the game EA's been touting as a means to topple Call of Duty, in the same misguided attempt that Corporate gaming thrives on.
I'm really hoping that's not what that is, I hope Bioware is more creative than that.
Though considering EA holds the reins now, it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

I'm still holding out hope for a new IP.
Where would they have the resources for a new IP. They have Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and now The Old Republic. I seriously doubt it is a new IP simply because Bioware isn't that big.

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
I'm guessing First Contact war as well.

But why so much hype? Let's tease the ever loving snot out of the internets for a game that won't be released for at least a year and a half. The problem with so much hype is that people come in with super high expectations and if you disappoint, they'll tear you apart. Ask the folks at Lionhead Studios, they'll tell you first-hand.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Looks cool. I'm interested to know what it is - and I must say, I'm hoping it's in some way related to Mass Effect. I've already said that the Mass Effect universe is diverse and fleshed out enough to allow for expansion across all sorts of genres - FPS perhaps being one of these. I don't think a First Contact War game could really be long enough without a retcon though... most of the battles were in space IIRC.

Wait... a 3D space RTS in the vein of Homeworld, set in the Mass Effect universe... that would be an epic genre to expand into...

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
I think the "hardcore Bioware fan" comment isn't meant to be a reference to people who have been with BW since BG. No, I think it meant hardcore and Bioware as separate things. As in, hardcore CoD/GoW players who will be playing a Bioware game.

I doubt that the average Bioware fan (primarily those who value SP) will adore an MP Mass Effect. I know I won't.

EA, stop; you can't beat CoD. Sorry.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Like most, I really hope that they won't jump on the bandwagon and opt for there own spin on a modern or futuristic shooter. I'll have to lose respect respect for them if they do that.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
To be honest, i wouldent mind if they made a fast paced action version of mass effect.

I just hope they go a bit more dark with the story. I dont want to be the savior of mankind anymore. Why cant we just be a soldier in the future? ((RAMIREZ!!)) As long as they keep the social mechanics they already have, id be more then happy with it.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
I suspect a multiplayer/COD version of mass effect, judging by the leak that bioware never denied.

It would make sense. EA has made nothing lately that could drive up the sales charts like COD. They tried medal of honor, but that didn't work. Now, they are now looking at a stable and popular franchise to save them.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it if this game is a Mass effect/COD, then it is safe to assume that EA is desperate.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Saucycardog said:
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it if this game is a Mass effect/COD, then it is safe to assume that EA is desperate.
I don't know about desperate. I mean, whatever this is, it's probably been in production since before the Medal of Honor disappointment. Also. BioWare doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of company that would make a game simply because EA told them to. Furthermore, calling it a "Mass Effect/COD" game is strange if you really mean to say Mass Effect FPS or TPS. I mean, is COD now synonymous with military-style FPS? When did this happen?

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Flamezdudes said:
Ah, a birthday present from BioWare on Saturday... I can't wait to find out what the game is on December 11th. The scope is orange which suggests its the same as the Sniper Rifles in Mass Effect 2 which were orange when you went into scope... I think.
I agree. Also from the trailer someone before mentioned that the sniper rifle looked like the Incisor which is shown in the spoiler box below:

Please skip to 0:38 on the video and you see a fair resemblence to the scope shown (possible spoilers in the video).

[Added]

It looks like someone else is also in the picture, I'll upload what I found

Appears to be a red haired person, possibly a woman and she may be being grabbed by something, tell me what you think

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
rsvp42 said:
Saucycardog said:
I don't know about desperate. I mean, whatever this is, it's probably been in production since before the Medal of Honor disappointment. Also. BioWare doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of company that would make a game simply because EA told them to. Furthermore, calling it a "Mass Effect/COD" game is strange if you really mean to say Mass Effect FPS or TPS. I mean, is COD now synonymous with military-style FPS? When did this happen?
You mean to say that EA is making a military FPS game for fun? I highly doubt that. They said themselves that they are currently trying to take down COD.

Nibiru

Apr 5, 2010
ace_of_something said:
I'd rather see a new property from them. I must be the only person on the planet that didn't get in to mass effect.
Nope, you are not alone...
But then again, I never played Mass Effect 2, so maybe that would change my opinion about it!

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
theriddlen said:
It looks like First Contact War for me (ruins are from colony destroyed by turian fleet). You know, ideal setting for a multiplayer game in ME universe - it already happened, so it won't leak anything from ME3, you still have good tech but not as effective as in ME1-2, and there are two sides that have fought open battles there (there are soldiers rushing to fight in one of ME1 artworks).
First Contact War was my impression as well.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Saucycardog said:
rsvp42 said:
Saucycardog said:
You mean to say that EA is making a military FPS game for fun? I highly doubt that. They said themselves that they are currently trying to take down COD.
Well no studio makes games entirely for fun, but it seemed you were suggesting that BioWare was only making it at EA's behest, which doesn't really give them much credit. Where did they say they were specifically trying to "take down" COD? Sure, any military-style FPS will be competing with COD these days, just like any MMO competes with WoW, but it doesn't mean the game is specifically being made to destroy COD, right?

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
rsvp42 said:
Saucycardog said:
rsvp42 said:
Saucycardog said:
Well no studio makes games entirely for fun, but it seemed you were suggesting that BioWare was only making it at EA's behest, which doesn't really give them much credit. Where did they say they were specifically trying to "take down" COD? Sure, any military-style FPS will be competing with COD these days, just like any MMO competes with WoW, but it doesn't mean the game is specifically being made to destroy COD, right?
I never meant to say that EA was trying to copy COD. I meant to say that they were going to follow in it's foot steps and try and create a COD-like multiplayer. They know that COD is famous for it's mp and are trying to do just that.

About EA trying to dethrone COD by the way, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=279159.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Saucycardog said:
]I never meant to say that EA was trying to copy COD. I meant to say that they were going to follow in it's foot steps and try and create a COD-like multiplayer. They know that COD is famous for it's mp and are trying to do just that.

About EA trying to dethrone COD by the way, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=279159.
Ah I see. The article doesn't specifically mention BioWare, but with all the backing EA is giving them for TOR, could be they're backing them on a new FPS too. They'd have to be really confident BioWare could pull it off though. Must have something up their sleeves.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
rsvp42 said:
Saucycardog said:
]I never meant to say that EA was trying to copy COD. I meant to say that they were going to follow in it's foot steps and try and create a COD-like multiplayer. They know that COD is famous for it's mp and are trying to do just that.

Ah I see. The article doesn't specifically mention BioWare, but with all the backing EA is giving them for TOR, could be they're backing them on a new FPS too. They'd have to be really confident BioWare could pull it off though. Must have something up their sleeves.
Truthfully, I feel like bioware is the best studio EA has at the moment. They are putting a lot of funding into them to make more games that can match Activisions, like TOR.