New Dead Island: Riptide Bundle Offers Bloody Boobs

Harker067

Sep 21, 2010
tilts head.....

I think at this point I have explanation. Their marketing department is in a competition with EA's to try to out do each other for most idiotic marketing ideas.

This is just stupid on several levels. I honestly can't imagine anyone wanting a gory bikini clad torso and I have my share of pointless collectors editions. To everyone else (and probably more then a few in gaming) it really just makes gaming (and their game in particular) look shallow and sexist. I'm baffled that anyone involved thought this was a good idea.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Wuuuh...Why... I...damn it everyone already took all the "what the fucks" looks like I'm just stuck with that "why..."
Seriously this is in no way going to help gaming?s current situation heh.
Again though, ....why?

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
As someone else already said, unless the guy has a series of horror memorabilia, this seems kinda "cheap bad taste horror" thing... It doesn't even remind you in any particular way of the game, I'd totally understand a zombie head or something, however, this female limb is almost offensive, I mean do YOU want a female corpse hanging in your room?

Fox News will blame every shooting, and women-killer serial killers, from now on on this game...

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
my mother and i was discussing how videogames weren't just violence and gore when I logged on to the site. guess what i lost the argument because of this.

Seriously. that's just f***ed up, even for a zombie game

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
For the love of... who dreamed this up, thinking 'yeah, this is a great idea, there's no way this can go wrong'. If this is what people in the game industry think of their audience, then how can it be expected that other people should take gaming seriously as a media and an art form. Ugh. Also, greatly anticipated? I was under the impression that dead island was a flop. Probably more of a publicity stunt for them.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I really don't have anything to add, but I still feel the need to add my share of bile on this disgradeful, tasteless debacle. Fucking idiotic, stupid, sexist, tasteless, unbelievably misjudged and all that stuff. Who in their right mind would think this was a good idea? This is probably going to cause quite a buzz. And rightly so. The guy who thought this up needs to be fired and the rest of the dev team really needs to rethink their hiring policies.

Melondrupe

Jan 12, 2012
After things such as the controversy with the feminist whore skill from the first and just the general argument concerning sexism in the industry, you'd think they know better to make the torso male. Yeah, there's the talk about too much violence in games, but I'd imagine more people would be willing to defend the item as cool if the sex was switched. Then again, they probably expected outrage and chose this on purpose. Seriously, by making object female in design, they generate more bad press than good.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Disgusting. If they wanted to make a figurine, why not a skull or some fake weapon? This mauled female torso is just outright vile.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
You know, for all the people that will call this "tasteless" or "childish" or that one word we all know and love "sexist," I can't bring myself to agree. People have been making statues and art of the female body for quite literally thousands of years. And for some reason that belongs in a museum and this doesn't? Fucking hypocritical.

You know why we've been making art like this for so long? Because the female body is a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm gonna have to go with my old pal Kenichiro Takaki, producer of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.
"Tits are life, ass is hometown."

That guy is probably more mature than most people that will oppose such an object. Because those that deny the female form are probably just children trying to act like an adult. Protip: Guys don't stop liking tits just because they reached some magical age barrier. An adult just learns to accept they aren't perfect and that life should be enjoyed for all the splendor and "bounty" the world has to offer. If you get my drift.

But seriously, with cuts and lacerations like that, I don't think I'll be getting my rocks off to it anytime soon. Looks painful and icky. My beef isn't with people that dislike the bust, you have every right to dislike it. My beef is with the people that will just blindly go into a frenzy and foam at the mouth while shouting because there's some skin showing. Acting like they are some moral crusader on a mission from above to stop the sexualization of God damn anything because thinking lewd thoughts is for naughty little children that should be punished.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Well that's certainly a bold collector's item for limited edition.

And to everyone constantly asking "WHY?":

Capitano Segnaposto said:
I actually like it. A few of my buddies who collect horror memorabilia (You know the sort, giant alien statues, fake blood, corpses, love halloween to the point of insanity) have already pre-ordered this and they don't even play games all that much.
Pretty much the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

And think of the potential practical joke applications!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Riobux said:
And it had to be a torso in a bikini. It just had to have only a bikini on. That just simply had to be the case.
yeah well, keep in mind the setting of Dead Island, everyone but the army is wearing swim clothing

yeah that's the only defense I got for it, no way in shit I'm buying that thing

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The thought process must have gone something like:

Dev 1: "You know what gamers like?"
Dev 2: "Getting their monies worth?"
Dev 1: "Hah! No... Boobs!"
Dev 2: "Well I am sure a lot of them do, but I don't see how-"
Dev 1: "You know what they like in their FPS's?"
Dev 2: "A variety of weapons, interesting levels and-"
Dev 1: "Blood and gore!"
Dev 2: "Well I am sure that's a part of it but-"
Dev 1: "You know what British people like?"
Dev 2: "Tea, biscuits and-"
Dev 1: "The Union Jack of course!"
Dev 2: "Okay so what's your point?"
Dev 1: "I have an idea of how to use all of these in our limited edition!"
Dev 2: "So we are making a diorama of an attractive woman, draped in the Union Jack, holding a gun and shooting zombies?"
Dev 1: "What?! We are going to make a model of a damaged torso of a busty woman covered in blood wearing a Union jack bikini."
Dev 2: "..."

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
VanQQisH said:
You know, for all the people that will call this "tasteless" or "childish" or that one word we all know and love "sexist," I can't bring myself to agree. People have been making statues and art of the female body for quite literally thousands of years. And for some reason that belongs in a museum and this doesn't? Fucking hypocritical.

You know why we've been making art like this for so long? Because the female body is a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm gonna have to go with my old pal Kenichiro Takaki, producer of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.
"Tits are life, ass is hometown."

That guy is probably more mature than most people that will oppose such an object. Because those that deny the female form are probably just children trying to act like an adult. Protip: Guys don't stop liking tits just because they reached some magical age barrier. An adult just learns to accept they aren't perfect and that life should be enjoyed for all the splendor and "bounty" the world has to offer. If you get my drift.
Way to bring the hammer down VanQQisH! As both an artist and a guy who enjoys Guro type art, I whole heartily agree with you. To be honest, I would pre order this but I lack the funds and the X-box for the game.

But I can't help but be amused with the whole thing here, I guess I'm going to grab a bowl of popcorn and watch the controversial sparks fly.

PS: If any one does find just the sculpture for sale, send me a link thank you. :D

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
VanQQisH said:
But seriously, with cuts and lacerations like that, I don't think I'll be getting my rocks off to it anytime soon. Looks painful and icky. My beef isn't with people that dislike the bust, you have every right to dislike it. My beef is with the people that will just blindly go into a frenzy and foam at the mouth while shouting because there's some skin showing. Acting like they are some moral crusader on a mission from above to stop the sexualization of God damn anything because thinking lewd thoughts is for naughty little children that should be punished.
I actually agree with you on this point. At first I was in the, "well, this is interesting but why does it need controversy like the publisher's want?" but now I can see the argument that, although we may find it questionable and not something all of us would enjoy, it doesn't come off as sexist. It's a model torso and, shockingly, it has breasts on it. It isn't over-idealized, over-sexualized (the bikini is normal sized), or over-anything; it just has a bit of gore on it.

People: come down! Don't buy it if you don't like it!

(Also, wouldn't it be better to talk about the lack of head, limbs, or legs on this bust than the amount of cleavage? Meh, oh well.)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Way to work backwards guys, I'm sure the feminist whores will love this. Why is this thing even getting a collectors edition? The game sucked after the beach part. I guess they need to put in a sculptor since this game won't be art, but obscenity.
I wouldn't want this if it were given away free with the game.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
That bikini top totally sits on the torso in an unrealistic way.

Meh, Im nitpicking but the thing is shit no matter what way you spin it. I have a friend whos hooked on zombie things who would find that cool but even she would struggle to find a desire to have it on display somewhere.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
There's something strange about those breasts. And I must say, disembodied torsos are unsettling enough when they're in a video game, I don't think we need any more of them in real life.