New Doctor Who Trailer Promises Answers and Disaster

tyriless

Aug 27, 2010
Stephen Moffat did a splendid job with Doctor Who. Episode to episode the writing has improved over past seasons. An excellent balance of whimsy and humanity. My favorite episode of last season was with van Gough. It made fall in love with the artist and appreciate him anew and then it broke my heart. I should of known better, I know how the story ends, but I still got gut punched. Well done.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
This looks like it's going to be a good one& only one more month to wait // For once tho there was no hint that the Daleks will be in this season Doctor Who

-M

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
April 23rddddd, April 23rddddd.....I cannot wait until April 23rddddd

Seriously, don't even bother talking to me that Saturday. It'll be all Who, all day, nonstop.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
mikozero said:
knight steel said:
Also I'm kind of getting tired of every other episode being the doctor facing the biggest threat in existence... and the Daleks pulling a Houdini every 5 minutes.
huh ? that's basically the entire premise of the show.

PS one of the things you can spot in this clip is the interior of the OLD Christopher Eccleston/David Tennant Tardis

dun dun dur !...
Man, I never noticed that. That's from the trailer?

Also, no.
No no no. Not the Angels. Anything but them. Whenever I see a statue, I stare at it intensely, trying not to blink-- and I live in Vancouver, man!

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Ah, I am excited.

And who knew? The doctor is physically capable of growing facial hair!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
"I wear a beard now. Beards are cool" :p
DO WANT
(also, 4 days after the launch of Portal 2)
SCIENCE 8D
P.s. for newcomers: if you wish to watch most of them, here is the intro order you must look for:

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
My guess is the plot is that the doctor has to save the royal wedding from total destruction at the hands of the evil tabloids.. um I mean Darleks..

Anyway, every series looks amazing from the trailer, but then when it gets down to it I find the episodes too childish and aimed at a lower than teenage audience, which is why only the really scary episodes I find enjoyable any more.. :(

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Captain Placeholder said:
I love Doctor Who - I have watched every episode of the 'new' Doctor since 05.

What I want to know is this: Can I get them on a Special Limited Edition - ZOMG this is amazing - type box set for the 'new' series and will the original 8 doctors, well 7 if you don't count the movie, ever come to a box set in their full series?
The only other place I've seen Classic Who available other than Best Buy is on Xbox Live's Zune but it's the first season of the Jon Pertwee years

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Jamous said:
SirCannonFodder said:
No mention of Neil Gaiman writing episode 4? I am disappoint.

Also, he's killed all the Time Lords. All of them. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MemeticMutation/Homestuck]
Oh god did he really? That is going to be SO epic. :D
knight steel said:
Logan Westbrook said:
F**K those children puppet monsters nearly made me have a heart attack........ i think we just found the new DW scariest monster {which was originally the angels}.
Yeeeeeep. Hopefully this will be more like the better writing and less of the awful episodes from last season, like the Churchill one. I COULD NOT STAND that one. It was hideous.
snowpuppy said:
YYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dr who is so awsome!!
OH GOD YES IT IS. :D

Anyways, I must say I CANNOT wait until I find out more about the voice. It sounds amazing.
"FEAR ME. I HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS OF TIMELORDS."
"Fear me. I've killed all of them."
*Melts*
Yep couldn't be more with you one this one ^_^. I really disliked last season because of the writing especially the ending -_-. This looks like it could be good, hough you can't really tell when it comes to trailers [its their job to suck you in].

Apr 17, 2009
I still have literally no idea what that was supposed to be - it looked like Amy just wished him into existing.
That's kind of exactly what happened. Because she had a time-crack in her bedroom, pouring who knows what into her head, Amy's mind is more powerful than she realises. So when the Alliance creates a duplicate of Rory from her memories, the power of those memories is so great its a perfect recreation of Rory. It doesn't just look like him, it is him. So when the Universe is being reset she can restore her parents with only the vaguest memories of them, so pulling the Doctor back should be no problem

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Trivun said:
Captain Placeholder said:
I love Doctor Who - I have watched every episode of the 'new' Doctor since 05.

What I want to know is this: Can I get them on a Special Limited Edition - ZOMG this is amazing - type boxset for the 'new' series and will the original 8 doctors, well 7 if you don't count the movie, ever come to a boxset in their full series?
Unlikely, I'm afraid, as a lot of old episodes have been lost or destroyed, after so long. The earlier the episode, the less likely there still exists a decent copy anywhere, even in the BBC Archives. Which is a shame, as I'd certainly love a boxset like that myself :D. Though I'm not sure if there's a 'full revival' boxset, I know each separate series has one, of course :)

Anyway, Comic Relief whetted my appetite for The Doctor, and gave me Amy Pond flirting with herself to boot;). Now this is making me desperate for the new series to start. Roll on April 23rd!
I'm sure not all of the lost episodes were lost by accident. A long time ago, the tapes used to film TV were pretty expensive, and the BBC didn't think anyone would want to watch things a second time...
So, the tapes got re-used, and as a result, quite a lot of old shows and footage were lost forever.

Comedy was particularly badly affected, and it is, for instance, a small miracle that the entirety of Monty Python's flying circus still exists.

Just goes to show the short=sighted decisions that get made when stuff is seen as unimportant, and not worth keeping around.

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
you'd be fine if you start at the new Series 1. Christopher Eccelston was a great doctor and a good starting point for new fans. You won't regret starting this show, it's amazing

uto

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Aetera said:
Am I the only one annoyed by River Song? She's pretty much a Mary Sue.
You Are Not Alone.

I absolutely despise River Song, and have done ever since her first appearance in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. Are we really supposed to believe that the Doctor had never met someone from his own future before? Apparently, since he acts like a complete moron throughout that story whilst she winks at the camera and quips about 'spoilers' every two minutes. Y'know, because having confirmed that she can't/shouldn't tell him about the future, she's going to remind him (and us) of it constantly, like an annoying little child sing songing "I know something you don't know, I know something you don't know..."

And she hasn't improved since. She's so smart, and competent, and witty and flirty and she can pilot the TARDIS better than the Doctor can.

I don't know if she fits the definition of a 'Mary Sue' (and I curse TVTropes for that term being so overused and misused) but Moffat is clearly absolutely enraptured by her. I'd consider that his biggest failing, if it wasn't for his fondness for flirty couple dialogue no doubt left over from old Coupling scripts.

Sigh. Yeah, RTD completely lost his grip in his last two years, but sometimes I almost miss him. Almost.