New Doctor Who Trailer Promises Answers and Disaster

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
c_westerman13 said:
standokan said:
I´ve been wanting to start on dr.Who for a time now but I´ve got no idea where to begin.
Start at the beginning?

Or better still, skip Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee, and start on Tom Baker. Thats where it all gets good!
Skip Hartnell? Are you mad?! Hartnell was awesome. You can't tell the poor guy to just jump in at Baker, no matter how good he is. Ideally, he'd watch a few story arcs with each doctor. At the very least, he should watch Unearthly child and the Daleks (their first appearance). It's difficult trying to track down some of the older episodes, especially seeing some have been lost, but you should at least make the effeort.

OT: Blech, more Amy Pond. Oh well. Matt Smith is no David Tenant, but at least he grows on you. In related news, WOOOOOOO NEW DOCTOR WHOOO!!

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
knight steel said:
Logan Westbrook said:
F**K those children puppet monsters nearly made me have a heart attack........ i think we just found the new DW scariest monster {which was originally the angels}.
I concur. Good heavens those things are horrific! Then there's that clown.... :p

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
Gaderael said:
My innards are going to become outards if April 23rd doesn't get here faster. I'm obsessed with DW.

Anyone watch the latest Comic Relief with the 2 Doctors/Amys/Rorys? It's quite side splitting.
Amy: You, don't know, which lever?
Doctor: No, but I'm about to find out.
Doctor from a second in the future walks in: The Wibbly lever.
Doctor: THE WIBBLY LEVER!
Could you please tell me the name so i can get it immediately?

Elvoret

Mar 3, 2011
Blurble blurble blurble...

I just watched that preview for the next series. That alien, behind the president made me jump.

Generally there are some doomy-doomy things in the recent series. Moffat seems to like the trauma (I'm looking at you creepy episodes!)

Anyhow, I personally want to see more Davros. I mean, he devoured scenery it was awesome.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
MarsProbe said:
knight steel said:
Logan Westbrook said:
F**K those children puppet monsters nearly made me have a heart attack........ i think we just found the new DW scariest monster {which was originally the angels}.
I concur. Good heavens those things are horrific! Then there's that clown.... :p
Is it just me or does that clown look like the doctor dressed up and with a wig?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
"Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords"
"Fear me I killed all of them"

I would bet money that's Omega, has to be with a line like that!

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Something about the teaser worries me for some reason.

The 31'st Season was quite lackluster in major plot excitements. Even the big bad guy at the end remained unresolved. Do not know why but I'm worried, not that it will be a bad season... But that it might be last.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
icaritos said:
Gaderael said:
My innards are going to become outards if April 23rd doesn't get here faster. I'm obsessed with DW.

Anyone watch the latest Comic Relief with the 2 Doctors/Amys/Rorys? It's quite side splitting.
Amy: You, don't know, which lever?
Doctor: No, but I'm about to find out.
Doctor from a second in the future walks in: The Wibbly lever.
Doctor: THE WIBBLY LEVER!
Could you please tell me the name so i can get it immediately?
The Comic Relief short is call ed "Time". You might be able to catch it on Youtube.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Also, did anyone notice that the Cantina thing where River got the vortex manipulator was in the trailer as well? This and the return of Clive Owens gives me the impression Steven Moffat is setting up something we haven't quite realised yet...

TimeLord said:
"Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords"
"Fear me I killed all of them"

I would bet money that's Omega, has to be with a line like that!
Omega would be awesome to see again!

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Jamous said:
-snip-
snowpuppy said:
YYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dr who is so awsome!!
OH GOD YES IT IS. :D

Anyways, I must say I CANNOT wait until I find out more about the voice. It sounds amazing.
"FEAR ME. I HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS OF TIMELORDS."
"Fear me. I've killed all of them."
*Melts*
For you fine folk:

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
CommanderKirov said:
Something about the teaser worries me for some reason.

The 31'st Season was quite lackluster in major plot excitements. Even the big bad guy at the end remained unresolved. Do not know why but I'm worried, not that it will be a bad season... But that it might be last.
I think Moffat's style is for a slower but fuller build up to a massive plot development than than RTD. It's different, but I kind of prefer it. One problem I think Tennant's run had was that everything was solved much, much too quickly. The Stolen earth/Davros sequence in particular could have done with being a three parter rather than two.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
So we finally find out who River is then? My guess is it's the Doctor's Mum. "Half Human on my Mother's side" :)

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
It's gonna be well good. Half the series now. Torchwood in July. Sarah-Jane and the rest of Doctor Who in Autumn. Then the Xmas special :D

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
The Sane said:
mikozero said:
PS one of the things you can spot in this clip is the interior of the OLD Christopher Eccleston/David Tennant Tardis
dun dun dur !...
Not just that, there was a clip of River in the 'evil looking' time machine from the episode "The Lodger". Is it related? I wonder what happens? How were the crew killed?

Too many questions, need Doctor Who naow!
They said on the website that James Corden is back in Series 6.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Gaderael said:
Jamous said:
-snip-
snowpuppy said:
YYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dr who is so awsome!!
OH GOD YES IT IS. :D

Anyways, I must say I CANNOT wait until I find out more about the voice. It sounds amazing.
"FEAR ME. I HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS OF TIMELORDS."
"Fear me. I've killed all of them."
*Melts*
For you fine folk:
Thank you very much good sir, that clip has made my day. :D

The Sane

Apr 2, 2010
I stumbled across some classic episodes uploaded to youtube by the BBC. A very incomplete collection, but it's giving me a taste of the old stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=Ps0e32nFzs0&s=1

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
knight steel said:
Is it just me or does that clown look like the doctor dressed up and with a wig?
*watches trailer again*.

Yep, you're right. :) Does look a bit like the Doctor under that makeup! Also, pausing the video at about 0:36, is that a rather weird looking hand there? At first I thought that lightning was coming from somewhere off-camera, but then again...

What I really want to know what the context is in the last 15 seconds of the trailer, though. Not right now, of course. I will wait.

c_westerman13

Mar 29, 2011
I revise my advice to any newcomers - watch these serials, at least:
Hartnell:
The Unearthly Child
The Daleks
The Time Meddler
Myth Makers

Troughton:
Personally, I can't stand Troughton - Ask Someone else

Pertwee:
Spearhead from Space
The Mind of Evil
The Daemons
The Three Doctors
Invasion of the Dinosaurs

Baker (1):
Genesis of the Daleks
Terror of the Zygons
Pyramids of Mars
The Deadly Assassin
Invasion of Time
The Keeper of Traken
Logopolis

Davison:
Four to Doomsday
Earthshock
Time Flight
Enlightenment
The Awakening

Baker (2):
Mark of the Rani
Two Doctors
Trial of a Time Lord (all 4 parts)

McCoy:
Time and the Rani
Dragonfire
Rememberance of the Daleks
Battlefield
Curse of Fenric

Yeah, that seems like a lot, but its still only a basic sample.
If you only watch one Doctor, Make it McCoy!!

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
MarsProbe said:
knight steel said:
*watches trailer again*.

Yep, you're right. :) Does look a bit like the Doctor under that makeup! Also, pausing the video at about 0:36, is that a rather weird looking hand there? At first I thought that lightning was coming from somewhere off-camera, but then again...

What I really want to know what the context is in the last 15 seconds of the trailer, though. Not right now, of course. I will wait.
It's Amy shooting river song, if look closely behind the doctor face you can see some one with blond hair running also it would fit what we have heard so far.