New Era Twins

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.

Dec 15, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

I want to see the new Sam Fisher piss himself in abject terror when his old self so much as asks for him to pass the remote in Michael Ironside's awesomely terrifying voice.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:

There was a comic about that, although I can't find it anymore. Basically, the gist of it is that the new Lara and Dante hook up while old drunk Lara whines to old drunk Dante about how terrible it is.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Am I being slow? I didn't really get the joke this time. All I saw was a bunch of character who've been reinvented or rebooted, except all they're doing is standing around.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
New Era Dante doesn't look NEARLY smug enough.
SonicWaffle said:
Am I being slow? I didn't really get the joke this time. All I saw was a bunch of character who've been reinvented or rebooted, except all they're doing is standing around.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQvVE36IerRVvT38wRi6kABictvQq-zyUQI_QMo83YUeITXgfjRA
I still don't get it.

"These characters have been rebooted!" was the joke?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
People meeting their rebooted selves...and? I feel like we got build up with no punchline.

And is it me or is the new Lara going through a bit of A-cup angst?

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
NinjaDeathSlap said:

You mean like the TMNT movie with the new turtles meeting the 80's cartoon turtles? I can only hope the VG sitcom could be as good.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
SonicWaffle said:
I still don't get it.

Not all webcomic pages have to have a joke. Sometimes it's hard to come up with humor. Others it's the authors choice to simply make a comment or pose a hypothetical. In this case: How would each character react to their respective 'rebooted' self.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
McFazzer said:
SonicWaffle said:
I still don't get it.

Not all webcomic pages have to have a joke. Sometimes it's hard to come up with humor. Others it's the authors choice to simply make a comment or pose a hypothetical. In this case: How would each character react to their respective 'rebooted' self.
Aaaah, I see. Without any dialogue or sense of motion, that really didn't come across, since there was no way to tell whether they were reacting to one another or just hanging out as they would on any given day. Thanks for the explain.

erttheking said:
People meeting their rebooted selves...and? I feel like we got build up with no punchline.
Ha, see, it wasn't just me! Take heed, all of you! I AM NOT ALONE!

...I should probably calm down a bit. Go and lie down maybe.

Renegade-pizza said:
Because you are a/n: Inexperienced player
Mentally challenged
Overweight
Unappealing to look at
Offspring who's mother has slept with everyone on the internet
Homosexual
etc
Depends if you're one of those guys who sees 'not playing every single game ever' as inexperience
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
No
Not sure how I could be an 'etc'. Specify further!

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
AzureFlameLord said:
TheKasp said:
I like the visual implication that both Dantes would get along quite nice.
I'm betting they would. When it comes down to it, they both respect skill in combat.
I thought it looked more like new Dante telling a story about how he's a badass, and old Dante's reply is: "is that all?"

captcha: "face the music", relevant to DMC fans, but have we given up on the new Tomb Raider yet? I know Raiden fans have nothing to worry about.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
McFazzer said:
SonicWaffle said:
I still don't get it.

And others have been political commentary that have sparked huge debates on the forums. I didn't find this one to be overly funny but rather a remark on the HD remake/reboot trend that is now prevalent in video games now. It's like we've run out of good ideas so we keep re-inventing the old.

AzureFlameLord

Dec 28, 2012
crimson sickle2 said:
AzureFlameLord said:
TheKasp said:
I like the visual implication that both Dantes would get along quite nice.
I'm betting they would. When it comes down to it, they both respect skill in combat.
I thought it looked more like new Dante telling a story about how he's a badass, and old Dante's reply is: "is that all?"

captcha: "face the music", relevant to DMC fans, but have we given up on the new Tomb Raider yet? I know Raiden fans have nothing to worry about.
I saw it more as new Dante being excessively serious (and edgy?) about something, and old Dante being like "Dude, just chill out and eat some pizza."
But that's just me. No idea what Cory had in mind.