New Era Twins

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
If you watch closly to between Old Raiden's legs, you can actually see the line of his vagina.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Personally, I always found it hilarious how DMC fans ignore DMC 1, DMC 2, and DMC 4, existed and use DMC 3 as proof that Dante was always cool..... yeah... -_-

THE best Dante from Devil May Cry, was from the animated series by far. DMC3 dante is a douche bag compared to him.

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
So where's Old 47 and New "Hitman" ?
They look surprisingly different (for tall bald blue-eyed albinos anyway).

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Lara I recognized...not that there are many female characters out there besides her and Samus, but Samus...Metroid other M was wrong, just wrong.

I suspected the guys in the background were "Dante", who I've never played. The red coat and old Zero Punctuation clued me in: "If you have trouble telling them apart remember that "X" is a pussy and "Y" is more of a ****."

Didn't recognize the ninjas in the center. Not Snake Eyes from GI Joe (don't ask)...so who was it?

Anyway...my first reaction was to wonder if Erin's hallucinations were overpowering her again. The 2 Lara's clued me in but not recognizing most of the characters nipped any zing for me. But that's my bad because I play mighty Hidden Objects games more than anything else, and I don't even own a console, so I'm don't play the "Hot and In Games" except on rare occasions...[sub][sub]very rare occasions...[/sub][/sub]

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
Am I being slow? I didn't really get the joke this time. All I saw was a bunch of character who've been reinvented or rebooted, except all they're doing is standing around.
I think the idea is that it's awkward they have been replaced...

I'd be jealous of new Lara's round boobs if I was old TR1 pointy polygon Lara too...

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
It's weird actually. Instead of moving forward, we move sideways through all the different parrallel worlds, where everything is the same but different, and Spock has a beard.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
McFazzer said:
SonicWaffle said:
I still don't get it.

"These characters have been rebooted!" was the joke?
Not all webcomic pages have to have a joke. Sometimes it's hard to come up with humor. Others it's the authors choice to simply make a comment or pose a hypothetical. In this case: How would each character react to their respective 'rebooted' self.
I don't think the gag was very well presented. I imagine a better joke could be made out of how the older characters act like fussy parents to their remakes, whilst the remakes act like teenagers who are embarrassed to be around their parents.

Also, no old and new sonic?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Moonlight Butterfly said:
SonicWaffle said:
Am I being slow? I didn't really get the joke this time. All I saw was a bunch of character who've been reinvented or rebooted, except all they're doing is standing around.
I think the idea is that it's awkward they have been replaced...
Yeah, I guess. I think I just misunderstood - I went into this expecting a joke, so after scanning the panel a few times and not spotting the funny part I wondered what I was missing.

Moonlight Butterfly said:
I'd be jealous of new Lara's round boobs if I was old TR1 pointy polygon Lara too...
I'd think she'd have preferred the pointy ones. If all else fails and she runs out of ammo, she could at least try to stab people with them.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Copper Zen said:
Didn't recognize the ninjas in the center. Not Snake Eyes from GI Joe (don't ask)...so who was it?
Raiden. Not the lightning god from Mortal Kombat, the cyborg ninja from Metal Gear Solid 2 & MGS: Revengeance (seriously).

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I'm really hoping this is the start of a story arch, the idea is really funny and I'd love to see what could be done with it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
erttheking said:
People meeting their rebooted selves...and? I feel like we got build up with no punchline.

And is it me or is the new Lara going through a bit of A-cup angst?
It's just you.

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
Sweet Tooth, not really a "character", but it have three or more versions, Megaman and Zero could also be there.
And really, old Dante have his two dirty boots over Erin's bed. New Dante have only one. Old Dante is the dirty one.
And one funny though: Fighting games almost never reboot, and even when they do, like MK did, they almost never change nothing in the characters!
Anyway, finished new DmC, on PC. and just after I've finished DMC 4, also, on PC Amazing titles, both very good.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
eltonborges said:
Sweet Tooth, not really a "character", but it have three or more versions, Megaman and Zero could also be there.
Uhh no since their series coexist in the same universe and timeline and they are different robots made by different scientists.