New Era Twins

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Copper Zen said:
Lara I recognized...not that there are many female characters out there besides her and Samus, but Samus...Metroid other M was wrong, just wrong.

I suspected the guys in the background were "Dante", who I've never played. The red coat and old Zero Punctuation clued me in: "If you have trouble telling them apart remember that "X" is a pussy and "Y" is more of a ****."

Didn't recognize the ninjas in the center. Not Snake Eyes from GI Joe (don't ask)...so who was it?

Anyway...my first reaction was to wonder if Erin's hallucinations were overpowering her again. The 2 Lara's clued me in but not recognizing most of the characters nipped any zing for me. But that's my bad because I play mighty Hidden Objects games more than anything else, and I don't even own a console, so I'm don't play the "Hot and In Games" except on rare occasions...[sub][sub]very rare occasions...[/sub][/sub]
The leftmost ninja is Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and he's talking to his cyborg self from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
The art was pretty in today's comic, but without dialogue, there's not much of a real joke here.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Susan Arendt said:
Mr.Tea said:
I was just pointing out that there was a bit of a size difference between the two Laras, not to mention the reboot one seems to be covering her chest and looking away. But maybe I'm just stupid, wouldn't be the first time.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
erttheking said:
Susan Arendt said:
Mr.Tea said:
I was just pointing out that there was a bit of a size difference between the two Laras, not to mention the reboot one seems to be covering her chest and looking away. But maybe I'm just stupid, wouldn't be the first time.
She's indignant about the other one's presence. It's not always about boob size every time a girl crosses her arms, you know.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Susan Arendt said:
erttheking said:
Susan Arendt said:
Mr.Tea said:
She's indignant about the other one's presence. It's not always about boob size every time a girl crosses her arms, you know.
Well, it's confirmed. I am quite stupid...why do I ever open my fucking mouth? Every time I do, nothing of value comes out.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
With the exception of Raiden, all of the reboot characters simply look more like people.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
SweetShark said:
If you watch closly to between Old Raiden's legs, you can actually see the line of his vagina.
I had to look again after I saw your comment, now I'm wondering if that was intentional...

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
chozo_hybrid said:
SweetShark said:
If you watch closly to between Old Raiden's legs, you can actually see the line of his vagina.
I had to look again after I saw your comment, now I'm wondering if that was intentional...
We can always ask the artist.
But I love to ask this question to my imagination:

Me: So, the old Raiden have a vagina, eh?
Imagination: Yep, and this is the plot twist that Kojima never tell inside his game.
Me: How so?
Imagination: Well, you can see clearly already that because I said that, the next logical conclusion is her wife actually have the penis.
Me: Indeed, we think the same. But what is your point?
Imagination: Why do you think the new Raiden have white sticky liquids inside his whole body as "blood"?
Me.............................I hate you imagination.
Imagination: I hate you too.
Me: Angry Sex time?
Imagination: Angry Sex time.
*French kiss my cat near me, while the cat wearing a mask of my sexy face.*

Lucky Godzilla

Oct 31, 2012
If anybody had told me ten years ago that Raiden would eventually become cooler than Dante, I would have slapped them across the face and have called them a filthy liar.

My how times have changed.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
It really comes down to what annoys people. Old Dante wasn't exactly a flawless masterpiece of a character, but the wittiness and personality was pretty enjoyable to sit through much like watching [em]Machette[/em]. The newer Dante is kind of annoying to sit through in comparison. I don't really have much to say about the other ones as I don't think I've ever really played tomb raider or MGS.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Fasckira said:
Meh, not the finest strip in any shape or form but nicely drawn I guess.
The Camel Toe on Raiden was a bit distracting.

Susan Arendt said:
I'm sure that misunderstanding mostly stems from guys thinking "If I was a lady I'd just sneak a grope every now and then. Innocent little crossing of the arms."

Turns out they are less interesting if you have them all the time, I'm guessing. I've yet to get bored of the gear layout that I was born with but it might just be on a time delay for males.

I'm sure by the time I'm 50 I'll look down and just say "You poor thing...I should have listened."

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I cannot even begin to understand what is going on today in this comic. Guess I just took a level in suckage!

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Raiden was rebooted?! I thought it was the same dude. I... don't play Metal Gear.

AzureFlameLord

Dec 28, 2012
SweetShark said:
chozo_hybrid said:
SweetShark said:
We can always ask the artist.
But I love to ask this question to my imagination:

Me: So, the old Raiden have a vagina, eh?
Imagination: Yep, and this is the plot twist that Kojima never tell inside his game.
Me: How so?
Imagination: Well, you can see clearly already that because I said that, the next logical conclusion is her wife actually have the penis.
Me: Indeed, we think the same. But what is your point?
Imagination: Why do you think the new Raiden have white sticky liquids inside his whole body as "blood"?
Me.............................I hate you imagination.
Imagination: I hate you too.
Me: Angry Sex time?
Imagination: Angry Sex time.
*French kiss my cat near me, while the cat wearing a mask of my sexy face.*
Now THAT is a love story that I would support seeing turned into a hit book series and eventual saga of films.

[Alternate Comment: Infinitely better love story than Twilight.]

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
erttheking said:
Susan Arendt said:
Mr.Tea said:
To be honest, that was the first thought I had as well. Lara's boobs are by far her most striking (and most famous) asset, and Reboot Lara does look quite grumpy.

I can sympathise. I have a sister with far larger boobs than me too. :(

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.
If "Drawn Together" had survived we might very well have seen that episode.

That said, I'm surprised Raiden made the cut. Does anyone care about Raiden enough for that one to matter? Well maybe in Japan I guess.

Kind of clever even if Grey does disagree with me on this issue.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Grape_Nuts said:
Umm, why does the new Lara have her tongue out?
My immediate guess would be either to characterize it as an irreverant new attitude in face of the classic...

... or the result of jaw damage from the horrific near rape-beating she took in the much protested 'edgy' new trailer

Truthfully it's hard for me to decide whether I hate new Lara based on that trailer because of the way they rebooted and redefined the character to be in such a situation, or because of the QQing it inspired because of the "OMG you can't have a woman have bad things happen to her in a game". She suddenly became a postern child for pretty much everything wrong with both reboots and the lib-trolls infesting the gaming community. Probably both.

and Grey, perhaps all of this horrible suck from all these rebooted character appearing at once alongside the old ones from when they were good will cause a shock from which Erin will regain her sanity and set out to save the industry from it's self-destructive rebooting cycle >:)

(yeah, yeah, I know fat chance given your PoV).