New Fallout has been announced.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Tanis said:
A remake of Fallout 3?
Well, a guy on reddit claiming to have a lot of info on e3, actually leak the fallout 76 name before Bethesda. The same guy say that there will be a fallout 3 anniversary edition unveiled at e3. This edition will be available on all plateforms including switch

Apr 5, 2008
FFS. Not that I'm against a new Fallout game, but they are overdue for TES6 and it's frustrating. Up until Skyrim, TES games were 5-6 years apart, but since 2011 we're 7 years on and TES6 isn't even in sight.

And now they've gone and put in this creator club paid-mod system which I think it also a massive downside. Bethesda are slipping and it's aggravating..

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Really, really weird that they chose this rather than TES6.

Unless this is just a game that uses Fallout 4 assets, like the spin off Saints Row and Far Cry games.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
Really, really weird that they chose this rather than TES6.

Unless this is just a game that uses Fallout 4 assets, like the spin off Saints Row and Far Cry games.
I mean, if you want to get technical, they chose this, Evil Within 2, Prey, Rage 2, and Starfuries instead of TES6.

But by all accounts this is a spin off, rather then a main series entry. While there's some precedent to worry about online spinoffs murdering the singleplayer franchise (IE : GTA V by GTA:O, and debatedly, Elder Scrolls by ESO (unlike the GTA case, Skyrim didn't suffer any cancelled updates) its a pretty big leap to assume Betehsda can pull that level of success off with this. Fallout has also had inconsistencies in genre over its lifespan anyways.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
KingsGambit said:
FFS. Not that I'm against a new Fallout game, but they are overdue for TES6 and it's frustrating. Up until Skyrim, TES games were 5-6 years apart, but since 2011 we're 7 years on and TES6 isn't even in sight.

And now they've gone and put in this creator club paid-mod system which I think it also a massive downside. Bethesda are slipping and it's aggravating..
I remember the agonising wait for Morrowind. Before Daggerfall, they came out every year.

Maybe we're going exponential. This one will be over 10 years.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
This is unlikely a 'true' Fallout sequel. But still, just say you are working on TESVI. We know you are, just -say- it. I swear they are edging too close to Valve territory of just refusing to give what we actually want. Are they trying to do what they did with Fallout 4? "We're making it and it is out in like, a month"? I'd rather have an actual idea to when to expect it. I used to swear by the 4 year rule, but now that is blatantly sunk.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Saelune said:
This is unlikely a 'true' Fallout sequel. But still, just say you are working on TESVI. We know you are, just -say- it. I swear they are edging too close to Valve territory of just refusing to give what we actually want. Are they trying to do what they did with Fallout 4? "We're making it and it is out in like, a month"? I'd rather have an actual idea to when to expect it. I used to swear by the 4 year rule, but now that is blatantly sunk.
Well, for a faint glimmer of hope, they might be be using Rage 2 as a test float for a new open world engine (cause I doubt they can drag the decrepit shambling frankensteined husk of the prior one through again).

Can't say I share your enthusiasm for fan-baiting PR statements though. I much prefer to have actual substance to game announcements then some of the nebulous junk that gets thrown out. Or vomiting out sequels without actual ideas every 4 years like a metabolically stunted Assassins Creed model.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Seth Carter said:
Saelune said:
Well, for a faint glimmer of hope, they might be be using Rage 2 as a test float for a new open world engine (cause I doubt they can drag the decrepit shambling frankensteined husk of the prior one through again).

Can't say I share your enthusiasm for fan-baiting PR statements though. I much prefer to have actual substance to game announcements then some of the nebulous junk that gets thrown out. Or vomiting out sequels without actual ideas every 4 years like a metabolically stunted Assassins Creed model.
Except they -are- working on TESVI. They always start work on the next TES...while working on the previous. They keep acting like they are not doing anything, but they are. They try to pretend they aren't, but I also remember when they copyrighted 'Skyrim' two years before it came out and pretended it was not the next TES game.

If Assassin's Creed games came out only every 4 years, they would be better games. I swear I blinked and there are 10 more AC games I never heard of.

Redvenge

Oct 14, 2014
Meiam said:
Why was it bad that the enclave were the one who turn on the water purifier? That wasn't even addressed.
There is a reason, just sloppy in it's delivery.

In Fallout 2, the Enclave wanted to make a modified version of FEV that would "purify" the wasteland. Anything that had been exposed to FEV would be killed. However, since more than 80% of the population of the US has been exposed to FEV to some degree, it would wipe out nearly all humanoid life (ghoul, super mutant, or wastelander) and all mutant wildlife. In Fallout 3, they want to continue this weird scheme. Instead of being an air-borne pathogen... they want to contaminate "Project Purity" with a similar death juice.

Not only is this painfully inefficient, but they don't communicate this fact until very late in the game (after Liam Neeson kills himself). As a result, you can assume Colonel Autumn did a cartoonish monologue detailing the evil plan to Liam Neeson off-screen, or Liam Neeson can read minds and/or see the future. It is entirely left up to the player to fill in this gap in the story.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Redvenge said:
Meiam said:
Why was it bad that the enclave were the one who turn on the water purifier? That wasn't even addressed.
There is a reason, just sloppy in it's delivery.

In Fallout 2, the Enclave wanted to make a modified version of FEV that would "purify" the wasteland. Anything that had been exposed to FEV would be killed. However, since more than 80% of the population of the US has been exposed to FEV to some degree, it would wipe out nearly all humanoid life (ghoul, super mutant, or wastelander) and all mutant wildlife. In Fallout 3, they want to continue this weird scheme. Instead of being an air-borne pathogen... they want to contaminate "Project Purity" with a similar death juice.

Not only is this painfully inefficient, but they don't communicate this fact until very late in the game (after Liam Neeson kills himself). As a result, you can assume Colonel Autumn did a cartoonish monologue detailing the evil plan to Liam Neeson off-screen, or Liam Neeson can read minds and/or see the future. It is entirely left up to the player to fill in this gap in the story.
You can go talk to Eden and be told pretty directly thats what his plan is. Though also that Autumn was against it. But yeah, its reliant on Dad-dude having some completely offscreen experience with the innate details of Enclave plots as to why he's opposed to it. OR some plot rewrite where it wasn't going to magically purify all the water everywhere and instead would give the Enclave control of a pure water source.