New Humble Indie Bundle Will Blow You Away - UPDATED

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
damn, and i thought nothing will ever beat steam deals. see i bought it before the "update" and though "it would be a friggin sin not to get myself so many good games for such a low price"
then the update happened.

awesome. its a gamer dream come true.

Necabo

Jul 11, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
I don't like any of those games, but it apparently a lot of people in this thread do, so it's awesome for them.
Don't reply here then.

This is great, love bastion and LIMBO and getting those for so little money is something my student-starved wallet is very happy with :D

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Necabo said:
Clearing the Eye said:
I don't like any of those games, but it apparently a lot of people in this thread do, so it's awesome for them.
Don't reply here then.

This is great, love bastion and LIMBO and getting those for so little money is something my student-starved wallet is very happy with :D
Hm? I shouldn't comment because my opinion differs from your own? That's not really how forums work. I shared my opinion--that I don't want it but am glad for those here that love it--just as you shared yours. Why you've a problem with that, I'm not quite sure.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
ThaBenMan said:
I didn't get it since I already had 4 of the 5 games (all except Superbrothers), but the addition of 3 more games has definitely convinced me to after all (even though I already have Braid). I've been spreading the word on Facebook as well, it really is an incredible deal.

It would be awesome if I could give away the games I already have, is that possible somehow?
Maybe using the Steam trading system? I know you can trade games to other people for other games and in-game items, so you could just trade it for nothing. I'm not sure the details, but you can only trade games in this fashion if you haven't played them.

Maybe look into that route.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Ah screw it. I don't want the games, but it's for a cool charity that makes a lot of people a little bit happier. I'm sure the soundtracks are cool enough.

Hopefully others who don't want the games will think about giving a little money anyway <3

Ritchian

Wait, what?
Jul 29, 2009
It's such a good bundle this time. It's a shame I already own most of those games.

Anyone who doesn't own already Bastion, Amnesia or freaking Psychonauts? Go buy this bundle right now. You won't regret it. Hell, I'm strongly considering buying the bundle just for the charity aspect of it and giving the duplicate games I end up with to friends.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
I swear, between these and Steam sales I'm going broke. And getting thousands upon thousands of games while doing it.

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
I but this I mean I already but I didn't and so even no really wait for me too ah

Well, this or Kiff's moanings is all I'm able to say right now as I'm downloading more games wondering what I did to deserve this.

No, really, I'm gonna wake up and still think it was worth it just as an awesome dream.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
That Lone Survivor looks pretty neat, will give that a go for sure.

What startles me, is how often these guys can include old games, and ignore every other indi game out there - as if there's only so many indi games, newsflash.... there's fricken thousands of games out there.

What about Spelunky for instance, I'm sure the dev deserves, and would appreciate a little bit of cash - even though the game is free, it's about exposure, and charity, and showing appreciation for people who make great stuff like that for free. I don't need another Braid or Meat Boy, and those developers don't need any more of my bloody money! - I'd rather my money went to encourage new developers and new projects.

Actually, I'd really like to see a Humble Bundle just feature indi games that nobody has heard of, or make it a competition! - have dev's make a Humble game, and the top 5 go into a bundle. Anything would be better than lining the pockets of the same indi devs everytime, devs who already made a fortune through XBL, Steam, and have already featured in bundles.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
surg3n said:

What startles me, is how often these guys can include old games, and ignore every other indi game out there - as if there's only so many indi games, newsflash.... there's fricken thousands of games out there.

What about Spelunky for instance, I'm sure the dev deserves, and would appreciate a little bit of cash - even though the game is free, it's about exposure, and charity, and showing appreciation for people who make great stuff like that for free. I don't need another Braid or Meat Boy, and those developers don't need any more of my bloody money! - I'd rather my money went to encourage new developers and new projects.

Actually, I'd really like to see a Humble Bundle just feature indi games that nobody has heard of, or make it a competition! - have dev's make a Humble game, and the top 5 go into a bundle. Anything would be better than lining the pockets of the same indi devs everytime, devs who already made a fortune through XBL, Steam, and have already featured in bundles.
While I agree that having all the games be well known and successful kinda defeats the point, the worry would be that you'd lose a lot of the business they generate. Someone in this thread has already said, not buying, don't even know that game. I think the genius comes in the mixing of the two

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
surg3n said:
Anything would be better than lining the pockets of the same indi devs everytime, devs who already made a fortune through XBL, Steam, and have already featured in bundles.
You could simply give all your money to charity if you didn't want any to go the developers. They need games that are well known enough to bring in sales. If you read this very thread, the vast majority of people are saying how excited they are to be getting these particular games. If the bundle had more obscure titles, such fervor is unlikely.

It's ultimately about getting as much money as possible to charity--the devs know this.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Just saw the update and-

Just wow..... this is the greatest thing that I've seen in a long long while.

You really have to be kidding me if you won't pick this up.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I bought this before the extra games were added and already owned 2 of them with the others on my 'must buy/play.. some time' list, but I was probably going to wait for them to go on sale before splashing the cash. Now I feel like I've just been given 3 free games!

Funny thing though is that if you divide the money I spent on the bundle between the 6 'new' games I'm getting, I've ended up spending more on each than I would've otherwise been willing to pay separately. Yay charity!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
surg3n said:

I agree with this. It's an awesome bundle of games, there's no question about that, but they really should have included a handful of new lesser known titles. If nothing else, it would offer exposure to the up and comers, and would potentially prime the pump for the next bundle.

Fruitloops89

Feb 20, 2009
Kick ass dude, was tempted to buy Lone Survivor a few days ago when I got Humble Bundle V but dot something else instead. So glad I did not as now it is part of the Bundle.