New Metal Gear game: Metal Gear Survive

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
SweetShark said:
ZombieProof said:
SweetShark said:
ZombieProof said:
Dude, I appreciate the attempt at Devil's Advocacy but c'mon, how long have you been gaming? You don't smell the "corporate laziness" and soulless milking of an owned IP all over this mess?

I'm sure the lot of us pray that our predictions of disaster are gonna be wrong but the 30+ years of gaming experience in me says we won't be.
This is why I am more open minded when I see a new game: I don't judge a game until I play it. This is the whole point of Videogames after all. Have the controller into your hands and start playing it. THEN we will judge.
Also maybe in the end I would love to play a similar game like Resident Evil 4 in Metal Gear Universe. I don't like to play the same formula all the time.

My case in point is MGS5: Great game, 8/10, but I would had put a greater score if it wasn't so goddamn long [I agree with B-Cell being repetitive]. Also that why I LOVE Metal Gear Rising while others hate it with passion. Is different.

I welcome the idea of a FPS Starcraft.
I welcome the idea of a Megaman game like Metroid Prime.
I welcome the idea of Metal Gear with Cards.
I welcome the idea of etc etc etc etc.

Because I play so many games, I welcome something different from a well-known Videogame Series.
I'm with you totally man, but judging something prematurely and discussing the merits at hand of what we're being presented with (and from who) are two completely different things. I can't speak for others in this thread but my sentiments come from the latter category. A lot more is going on here than folks negatively judging a game that just dropped out of thin air from a vacuum. Konami's latest treatment of their IP's and Kojima cast a large shadow thats rather difficult to ignore when attempting to surmise what the quality of anything they do will be, good or bad.
Fair enough. I am not angry or anything if you though like that. We just having a discussion after all.
Yes, if I look the trailer an judge it only from that...well, still interesting to see how it will turn out. Not exciting or anything of course, but as I said million of times, I hope for a RE4 clone.

But this looks like they gutted RE4's soul out its ass, added 4 player co-op sprinkled with chrome bits, then shoved it right back up in there until it's coming out the other end, South Park style.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Metroid is a multiplayer shooter, COD is a space shooter, Resident Evil is a First Person Horror game and Metal Gear is now a co-op zombie game, WHAT IS GAMING RIGHT NOW?

Next up, you're going to tell me Miyamoto is going to give Mario a gun like he originally intended, that would break gaming as we know it.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Metal Gear Survive...cos that's all Konami want with the IP.
Metal Gear Survive...with the last shred of it's dignity intact?
Metal Gear Survive...anybody who buys it is a traitor to us all.

Eh, feels hypocritical to complain while I'm still clamouring for the release of another Metal Gear Rising game which will probably never happen. Still, it's become a parody at this point.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Igor-Rowan said:
Metroid is a multiplayer shooter, COD is a space shooter, Resident Evil is a First Person Horror game and Metal Gear is now a co-op zombie game, WHAT IS GAMING RIGHT NOW?

Next up, you're going to tell me Miyamoto is going to give Mario a gun like he originally intended, that would break gaming as we know it.
I am the kind of guy I welcome the change.
Also The Metal Gear have a card game. None had complained....

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
hanselthecaretaker said:
SweetShark said:
ZombieProof said:
SweetShark said:
ZombieProof said:
Dude, I appreciate the attempt at Devil's Advocacy but c'mon, how long have you been gaming? You don't smell the "corporate laziness" and soulless milking of an owned IP all over this mess?

I'm sure the lot of us pray that our predictions of disaster are gonna be wrong but the 30+ years of gaming experience in me says we won't be.
This is why I am more open minded when I see a new game: I don't judge a game until I play it. This is the whole point of Videogames after all. Have the controller into your hands and start playing it. THEN we will judge.
Also maybe in the end I would love to play a similar game like Resident Evil 4 in Metal Gear Universe. I don't like to play the same formula all the time.

My case in point is MGS5: Great game, 8/10, but I would had put a greater score if it wasn't so goddamn long [I agree with B-Cell being repetitive]. Also that why I LOVE Metal Gear Rising while others hate it with passion. Is different.

Because I play so many games, I welcome something different from a well-known Videogame Series.
I'm with you totally man, but judging something prematurely and discussing the merits at hand of what we're being presented with (and from who) are two completely different things. I can't speak for others in this thread but my sentiments come from the latter category. A lot more is going on here than folks negatively judging a game that just dropped out of thin air from a vacuum. Konami's latest treatment of their IP's and Kojima cast a large shadow thats rather difficult to ignore when attempting to surmise what the quality of anything they do will be, good or bad.
Fair enough. I am not angry or anything if you though like that. We just having a discussion after all.
Yes, if I look the trailer an judge it only from that...well, still interesting to see how it will turn out. Not exciting or anything of course, but as I said million of times, I hope for a RE4 clone.

But this looks like they gutted RE4's soul out its ass, added 4 player co-op sprinkled with chrome bits, then shoved it right back up in there until it's coming out the other end, South Park style.
I thought it was the other way around...
You know, to make a point the game is sh*t or something.
Once again, even if it has 4 co-op, it said it will have stealth also. So my guess is you don't to play like in resident evil 4. Maybe close like a Splinter Cell multiplayer?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
SweetShark said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
SweetShark said:
ZombieProof said:
SweetShark said:
ZombieProof said:

I thought it was the other way around...
You know, to make a point the game is sh*t or something.
Once again, even if it has 4 co-op, it said it will have stealth also. So my guess is you don't to play like in resident evil 4. Maybe close like a Splinter Cell multiplayer?

Something just tells me and most other long time MGS fans that this trailer is as good of a showing as we'll see from the entire game, because most if not all of the talent already left. Whoever's still there is by now probably too miserable to make a decent game in the first place, because the ship started burning about two years ago.

Best case scenario is it turns out better than expected, and actually sells well, but that doesn't change the underlying fact that the series is an utterly gutted cash grab at this point.

DanielDI

Apr 11, 2016
If it weren?t for the title and the opening portion of the trailer, I don?t think I?d have picked this as being in any way related to the Metal Gear Solid series. I?ll be curious to see what they make of this, and I wish the team behind it all the best, but I think they?ve got a hard task in front of them to make a game that fans of the previous games (and of Hideo Kojima) will accept and enjoy.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Yeah yeah it's a cash in. I did bahaha at the one YouTube comment that said MGS has too much dignity for this.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
it'll be like Operation Raccoon City but in the MGS universe... alternate universe