New mythological creature to get behind?

SevenStarSonata

Jul 26, 2009
Drakmeire said:
ok as long as that is explained(at least a little bit)but I can't be the only one who finds that a little too weird.
I suggest actually reading the books. You can keep a "something smelly under my nose" look on your face the whole time if it makes you feel better, but really, as long as you remember that they're not meant to be anything more than teen romance fiction, they're actually pretty good, and some of the concepts (Like the spirit warriors, and imprinting) are actually pretty cool. Plus, you can have a more in-depth explanation for the whole imprinting thing, to further prove there's no pedophilia in the books whatsoever. (Unless you count a nearly-century-old man falling in love with a 17-year-old girl...but that's vampire romance in general...)

@crazy-j: Fenrir is badass, but again, the OP was looking more for a race of creatures rather than a singular legendary creature. Because if we're talking singular legendary, I vote for the FSM without a moment's thought.

Mar 28, 2009
Demons anyone? They come in all different shapes and sizes and the odds are pretty good that even stephanie meyer can't make an entire generation of teenage girls rub themselves at night over them.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
[img/]http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/williamshatner2.jpg[/img]
How much more mythological can you fucking get?
I am going to go with this, although I don't know as it needs any more people behind it.

SevenStarSonata

Jul 26, 2009
ClaptonKnophlerHendrix said:
Demons anyone? They come in all different shapes and sizes and the odds are pretty good that even stephanie meyer can't make an entire generation of teenage girls rub themselves at night over them.
Orly? One word, my friend... incubus. Sex demon of unbelievably sexiness and sexitude...and sex.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
SevenStarSonata said:
Fenrir is badass, but again, the OP was looking more for a race of creatures rather than a singular legendary creature. Because if we're talking singular legendary, I vote for the FSM without a moment's thought.
Wait screw what I said in my last post I am going with this! A freaking three mile long wolf is the BOMB.

Squedee

Apr 3, 2009
Joshimodo said:
Minotaurs.

Sure, legend only refers to two of them, but the idea of a beast like that would be an intriguing idea for a civilisation.
seconded

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Drakmeire said:
Myself and many others feel the "Twilight" and similar series have ruined vampires for the masses and turned them into some sort of joke. So any suggestions for a new mythological creature to support in hopes of it becoming more mainstream and filling our newfound void? I suggest "Ghouls". for those of you who don't know much about ghouls, they are basicly intelligent zombies that gain the memories and appearance of any creature they consume (at least in some versions). Any thoughts on that?
I was sure Ghouls were canibalistic people that mutated into these creatures after eating the dead for too long. Their tounges are long and thick to lick out bone marrow, nails are long and sharpe to dig up the earth, etc. Has been for so long.

One creature no one should touch is the Wendigo. Unkillable, ever-starving man that grows gaunt and fetid looking, while always growing larger after people it eats. Love it.

bipeo

Mar 25, 2009
who liked vampires? they are weak.

running water
sunlight
crosses
wooden stakes
holy water
pointy wooden crosses that light up and shoot holy water.
and they don't make you dead when they attack. (you aren't alive but you are undead)

werewolves only have 3 weaknesses and they will most likely kill you upon attacking.
weaknesses: wolvesbane(does not kill)
silver
severing of head

werewolves are many times better than vampires

Adaephon

Jun 15, 2009
My favorite monster type creature is the original humans according to some tribes in the south-west part of the US they're short,black,scaly,have huge eyes,webbed paws,beavers tails and live underground.

Rocksa

Jul 26, 2008
How about Brownies? Don't have my book on mythology at hand, but IIRC they're the tiny little fey that basically clean up around the house as long as you keep them happy. Want to get people behind them? Make them streamlined as murderous little bastards that can squeeze into your home no matter how well you think you've locked it up. Terrify the hell out of some kids.

Mar 28, 2009
SevenStarSonata said:
Orly? One word, my friend... incubus. Sex demon of unbelievably sexiness and sexitude...and sex.
So shes going to turn an entire generation of girls into lesbians? Goddamn that ***** is evil!

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
lwm3398 said:
Ken_J said:
Drakmeire said:
o whoops I forgot "twilight" ruined werewolves too sorry for forgeting that.
TWILIIIGHT!!!

but howsabout a combonation of what twilight ruined, WereBats. Or TYPHON

Note: can't find a good picture of the the dude but the discription is a Dragon with a hundred tails a horse head 99 snake heads and Giant wings.
oh, how the hell didn't I say that! from the day i saw it on my weird and wild creature cards, i was like "oh my god! totally awesome!" my description was always a donkey's head with 99 snake heads sprouting from the neck, a man's torso and arms, but instead of hands it had 100 snakes on each hand for fingers. for legs, it just had a bunch of tentacles. oh no. GAH! GAAAAAAAH! IT COULD BE FEATURED IN...H...H...HENTAI! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
SevenStarSonata said:
So shes going to turn an entire generation of girls into lesbians? Goddamn that ***** is evil!
They're actualy coming out with something 'like' that, Jennifer's Body with Megan Fox.

Mar 28, 2009
bipeo said:
who liked vampires? they are weak.

running water
sunlight
crosses
wooden stakes
holy water
pointy wooden crosses that light up and shoot holy water.
and they don't make you dead when they attack. (you aren't alive but you are undead)

werewolves only have 3 weaknesses and they will most likely kill you upon attacking.
weaknesses: wolvesbane(does not kill)
silver
severing of head

werewolves are many times better than vampires
And you can pretty much exclude the severed head one. Ever tried severing a werewolve's head? Fuck that.

bipeo

Mar 25, 2009
Drakmeire said:
I just think it's a poorly written series of books taken way to seriously by it's fans. I understand that the vampire thing is of little importance but did they have to ruin a creature so close to the hearts of horror fans. Oh and they made werewolves pedofiles, If they diden't please explain that part of the book where the werewolf ex-boyfriend falls in love with the newborn baby. (note:I am not making this up)
i've heard other stories where werewolves had an increased sex drive. (not to that extent though)

Mar 28, 2009
Triffid said:
SevenStarSonata said:
Incubi are ONLY male

Succubi are female
Well I didn't know that.