New Nintendo Console "Confirmed" for E3

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
ToxicOranges said:
It doesn't matter who the consoles aimed at.
It doesn't matter how powerful it claims to be.
It doesn't matter how cheap it is.
It doesn't matter whether or not it sucks in casual / hardcore gamers.

The first game for this console will be a Mario game, followed by a Zelda game, then a Metroid game...
Nintendo doesn't have a soul, it will just release whatever is guaranteed to sell untold squillions more copies and make them even more rich. So they can rehash and ruin your childhood franchises.

/rant
That's business. Those games sell consoles. And, really, what franchises have been ruined, save for maybe Pokemon if you're one of those guys who says each new game is a nail in the coffin or Zelda if right-handed Link is sacrilege?

Also, what developers have a "soul", besides the indie ones? Not EA. Not Ubisoft. Not the two multi-media mega corporations who made the other two big name consoles. And I'm sure not apple. Maybe Valve though...

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
While I am excited over this news I am also wondering if all my downloaded Wii games and their save files will be able to carry over to this new machine.

If not, I think I'll just keep on keepin on with my old Wii.

Also, those that doubt it will be more powerful than 360 and PS3... really? PCs have been more powerful than those things for years now. It really isn't that unfathomable that a console could pick up some of the tech and integrate it.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
BanthaFodder said:
Nintendo TOTALLY pulled a fast one on the competition...

Nintendo: "we'll be unveiling the new Wii Pulse Moniter at E3 this year, as well as some other things!"
Sony: "lol, more useless crap, time for Move..."
Microsoft: "lol, more useless crap, time for Kinect..."

*later @ E3*
Nintendo: "oh yeah, the Pulse Moniter didn't work out, so we just had to bring a new Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Zelda, Kirby, Golden Sun, and a new handheld with no-glasses 3D, Metal Gear Solid, Starfox, Ocarina of Time, and Kid Icarus. and what did you do Sony?"
Sony: "... we... made some motion controls..."
Nintendo: "uh.... huh... and you Microsoft?"
Microsoft: "we made... some motion controls... but we have Cirque Du Soleil!"
Nintendo: "yeah, that's nice, I'll just be over here, amazing everyone that comes anywhere near our booths. okay? okay bye."

*even later*
Microsoft: "Kinect is selling well!"
Sony: "Move is being recieved well!"
Nintendo: "Our new console targeted to the oldschool fans that's more powerful than both of your machines will be recieved well at E3!"
Sony: "..."
Microsoft: "..."
Sony:"Our handheld is just as powerful as your home console, can go anywhere, has better third party support, and launches for a cheaper price"
Sony: "too bad it has no exclusives worth buying it for, has an awful excuse for a thumbstick, and focuses more on being a shitty multimedia device instead of an actual handheld... playstation phone anyone?"
I have a PS2 and a PS3. they both kick ass. but the PSP has NOTHING on the DS. graphics aren't everything.

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
BanthaFodder said:

Nintendo: "we'll be unveiling the new Wii Pulse Moniter at E3 this year, as well as some other things!"

*later @ E3*
Nintendo: "oh yeah, the Pulse Moniter didn't work out, so we just had to bring a new Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Zelda, Kirby, Golden Sun, and a new handheld with no-glasses 3D, Metal Gear Solid, Starfox, Ocarina of Time, and Kid Icarus. and what did you do Sony?"
Nintendo: "yeah, that's nice, I'll just be over here, amazing everyone that comes anywhere near our booths. okay? okay bye."

*even later*
Nintendo: "Our new console targeted to the oldschool fans that's more powerful than both of your machines will be recieved well at E3!"
Sony:"Our handheld is just as powerful as your home console, can go anywhere, has better third party support, and launches for a cheaper price"
Nintendo: Where are the games?

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
BanthaFodder said:
OutrageousEmu said:
BanthaFodder said:

*later @ E3*

*even later*
Sony: "too bad it has no exclusives worth buying it for, has an awful excuse for a thumbstick, and focuses more on being a shitty multimedia device instead of an actual handheld... playstation phone anyone?"
I have a PS2 and a PS3. they both kick ass. but the PSP has NOTHING on the DS. graphics aren't everything.
I'm talking about the NGP.
ah, well, I haven't seen enough of that to judge it now, but if it's anything like the PSP as far as third-party support, exclusives, battery life, and pretty much everything else goes, it's not gonna top the 3DS in sales or quality.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
I do hope they manage to keep the casual crowd interested. So they can use all that cash to fund development of proper AAA titles (please give us a new F-Zero).

At least do the online thing properly.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I kind of wish they'd slow down a bit (sony, microsoft and nintendo). My wallet can't take that much abuse.

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
joebear15 said:
OutrageousEmu said:
joebear15 said:
The Random One said:
Wow, so Nintendo is going to imitate their competition and go after a market they have no sway over and whose every potential buyer already owns the competitors' devices? Prediction: it will sell worse than the 'Cube.

At least I won't need to buy a Wii to play this.
they innovate your people complain, they do the same a the other two company's and you also complain.

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM THIS COMPANY>
Do something new thats the slightest bit good. That's just crazy enough to work.
Alot of people like wii motion controls, what a colony of obsessive valve fan boys says on a nitch gaming websites concerns Nintendo very little.(flame bait)
Maybe if they yap on about how they didn't like the games they didn't buy, Nintendo might listen.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I'm not ready for the next generation yet. But at the same time I'm intrigued because of that "significantly more powerful that PS3 and Xbox 360" statement.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Funny how the idea of Nintendo coming out with a real game console is novel and unexpected in this day and age.

If I get the job I just interviewed for today I may have to take it as a sign and buy this...Pending confirmation that this one uses a real goddamn controller and is relatively minigame compilation free of course.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
radioactive lemur said:
So what? Nintendo hasn't been good since the 64 and I don't see that changing unless the new console a) has at least the option of normal controls and is not based entirely on a gimmicky motion sensor, b) has graphics are at LEAST as good as PS3 (that's charitable considering they really should be much better as it's being released in 2011/2012), and c) carry AAA pan-platform releases like COD and Assassin's Creed. If none of that changes, Nintendo will continue to be a tired relic kept on a steady life support drip of a Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon release every year or so.
Did you just not read the article? It said it wasn't going to be a gimmick and that it's trying to get back in the good graces of the Western gamer?

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
The only way I see it being "embraced by western gamer" is if it offers actual online support(which I doubt), quality Third Party support(which I also doubt), and actually using the "significantly more powerful hardware" to push the envelope past the status quo.

The big trick will be to get third party developer to push that envelope. If I see Crysis 2 running better on the Wii 2(or whatever it will be called) than the 360/PS3 I will eat my shoes.

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
In my experiences with Goldeneye and Metroid Prime Trilogy I think that motion control is the best thing for FPSes. I feel more in control by aiming a remote at a screen than moving an analog stick with my thumb. This is why wouldn't mind motion controls on the new console, but motion control shouldn't be in these genres:
Platformer
TBRPG
Shoot-Em-Up
Beat-Em-Up
Fighting
Action/Adventure
But they have to be in these:
FPS
RTS
Point and Click Adventure
and others.