New Patch Gives Duke Nukem Pockets

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Great news. Getting rid of the lame 2 weapon rule, but not breaking the game by giving the weapon wheel. It'd still be nice as a cheat code, but Gearbox is already giving the game 10x more support than most people thought they would. Also, Miracle of Sound lied. Duke's getting rid of the lame 2 weapon rule, but people are still cruel because he isn't doing it the way THEY want him to.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
NLS said:
Sorry, Gearbox, but you're too late. I never bothered with multiplayer, and I'm not gonna play through the campaign again just to see if the game got any better with 4 guns.
Gearbox didn't make DNF though, so...yeah. At least they are trying to fix what 3D Realms and Triptych Games did so, so badly.

Oscl

Jul 29, 2011
I'm happy about this, but I've heard too many other bad things for me to even consider buying this one.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
That wont help your already destroyed sales

OH SHI DELAY
after people started an uproar

I mean....DNF fans couldnt wait an extra month for this...

Oh Well....good to see kicking yourself in the balls does make some people learn

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
A 4 weapon limit is starting to get on the right track, now all they need to do is just remove the weapon limit altogether and they'll be golden.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
I did get distracted from the single player campaign, only did a bit of it before going back to TF2 and LoL... but I guess I can give it another go when this patch comes out, should make the game pretty easy though...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well, at least that's something to look forward to when the game is eventually $5 on Steam and I pick it up.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I'll say what I said in the other post about this.

Four weapons is still not enough. Add a selection wheel that lets us hold all weapons then we'll talk.

Really I can't see how hard this is for them: Instead of pressing Y to switch weapon how about holding Y that brings up a selection wheel that has say, 12 slots? Then while holding Y scroll around using the analog stick to the weapon you want and release Y to select said weapon. Honestly, how hard can that be?

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

Four weapons is still not enough. Add a selection wheel that lets us hold all weapons then we'll talk.

Really I can't see how hard this is for them: Instead of pressing Y to switch weapon how about holding Y that brings up a selection wheel that has say, 12 slots? Then while holding Y scroll around using the analog stick to the weapon you want and release Y to select said weapon. Honestly, how hard can that be?
That would break the balance in all of the levels on your knee with a sickening crack is the problem. It could be a cheat code, sure, but the fact of the matter is that the levels in the game were not made with a weapon wheel in mind. The 4 weapon system is what Gearbox found that made you feel less limited while still not making the game pathetically easy.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Triforceformer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

That would break the balance in all of the levels on your knee with a sickening crack is the problem. It could be a cheat code, sure, but the fact of the matter is that the levels in the game were not made with a weapon wheel in mind. The 4 weapon system is what Gearbox found that made you feel less limited while still not making the game pathetically easy.
I'm going to just throw this out and guess you never played the originals?

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Cool! I was fine with two weapons, but hey, I love how gearbox is supporting my favorite game.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Triforceformer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

I'm guessing you didn't read a damn thing I just said, did you?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Triforceformer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Triforceformer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

I'm guessing you didn't read a damn thing I just said, did you?
Yes. Yes I did, but the original Duke Nukem's allowed you to carry all the weapons in the game, not to make the game easy but because it was a fun, arcade shooter, the game isn't to be taken seriously. Which is my point, I'm not suggesting the selection wheel because I want to be made easy but because I want it to have the same arcade, over the top feel the originals had.