New Skyrim DLC rumours

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
Click here [http://vikinggamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/new-skyrim-dlc-going-arabian.html] for the rumours.

Another week, another rumbling about forthcoming Skyrim DLC.

However, as they've now been right on for two seperate expansions (Dawnguard and Dragonborn) do we think the internet will be right again?

Personally I'm not convinced, and I'd much rather see the patent in question used on a fully-realised Elder Scrolls game in Hammerfell. The arabianesque setting would be another good non-standard fantasy world after Skyrims Dark Age atmosphere.

Anyone else heard this? Excited? Stopped caring at 'Skyrim'?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Huh, I thought Dragonborn was the last one?
Well, should still be good. I'm really burned out on Skyrim since the first few months of release but I'l probably get all the DLCs on sale when they're all been released.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Like the blogger who wrote the article I'm not convinced it's the next DLC either. While it's definitely possible that the next DLC will involve the Thalmor (who are currently at war with Hammerfell) I don't think we'll go there in a DLC since Hammerfell is likely going to be the setting for TES VI imo.

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe they're rebooting/remaking Elder Scrolls Adventures! (Just kidding. Mostly.)

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
Folji said:
Maybe they're rebooting/remaking Elder Scrolls Adventures! (Just kidding. Mostly.)
Don't even joke...lest you disturb the slumbering monsters of the reboot...

Seriously though, that game was awful.

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
BroJing said:
Folji said:
Don't even joke...lest you disturb the slumbering monsters of the reboot...

Seriously though, that game was awful.
Reboot! Reboot! Reboot!

Hehehe, I've never played it before, but I've seen enough gameplay of it to know what you mean. I'd kill for some DLC to take on the whole Thalmor situation one way or another, but what are the odds it's gonna take place in an entire province? I don't really see it myself. It'd be the physically biggest DLC for any Bethesda game ever, but then again they did promise big stuff... which is a promise I've got no idea if they've kept or not. Yet to play any of the DLC out so far. >.>

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Okay, let's review what we know here. Bethesda has filed for a trademark for Redguard. This is basically the only evidence we have for any new DLC (other DLCs have had data files that people have found). But, let us also remember that Bethesda have already made a game called Redguard, a spin-off game released between Daggerfall and Morrowind.

My conclusions are that it is highly unlikely, in any circumstance, that Bethesda would release a DLC called Redguard, because that could cause confusion with their game called Redguard. It's also entirely possible that this was just a filing to keep the Redguard trademark, as opposed to filing for a new one for something else (I could be completely wrong on this, though; I don't know very much about trademarks).

Personally, I think what's going to happen is that Bethesda is going to make Redguard free in the near future, similar to how they made Arena and Daggerfall free.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
Highly unlikely. The patent was likely filed to prevent people from using the name Redguard in their game to confuse people into thinking it's part of the Elder Scrolls. Also with Dawnguard and Dragonborn the patents were filed right before the announcement, since this patent was filed back in 2011 I'd say that it's even more unlikely.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Andrewtheeviscerator said:
Also with Dawnguard and Dragonborn the patents were filed right before the announcement
No...? https://forums.playfire.com/general-discussion/thread/110149
http://www.examiner.com/article/skyrim-dragonborn-expansion-announced-trailer-and-details-revealed

But yes, I also think it is unlikely. I recall people on the official Elder Scrolls Forums discussing this trademark a few weeks ago, and some thought that this might be the trademark for a possible TES:O expansion.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Nope, Dragonborn was the last Xbox exclusive. They were tied in a 3 DLC exclusive deal with Microsoft and Dragonborn was the last one of them.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I bought skyrim and Dawnguard on the 360, but now I'll just wait a year or two and get whatever content has been released in a discount steam sale.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Did it bother anyone else he spelled Alik'r as Alikyr and called the Tamrielic provinces countries?
Learn your Elder Scrolls, mister!

Anyway, I'd love to see Hammerfell explored... In a full game, I don't think DLC can do it justice.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Game or DLC, makes no matter. I find the idea of runnin' around the Alik'r extremely appealing.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Nope, Dragonborn was the last Xbox exclusive. They were tied in a 3 DLC exclusive deal with Microsoft and Dragonborn was the last one of them.
Wasn't it just a time based one though? Or did they change it when they realized how shit the ps3 is for open world games?

(Not tryna start a war, both consoles are good)

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
Jynthor said:
Did it bother anyone else he spelled Alik'r as Alikyr and called the Tamrielic provinces countries?
Learn your Elder Scrolls, mister!

Anyway, I'd love to see Hammerfell explored... In a full game, I don't think DLC can do it justice.
Yes to desert, no to the country thing since they all have been or, in hammerfalls case, are independent countries.

bbq t yeah thought the desert was wrong.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Rumor or not, I think they can crank out at least 1 more big DLC before moving to TES: 6.

More environment variety is always good and a desert will do nicely as a change of pace from Skyrim's snow and mountains.

Looking forward to more info.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
BroJing said:
Click here [http://vikinggamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/new-skyrim-dlc-going-arabian.html] for the rumours.

However, as they've now been right on for two seperate expansions (Dawnguard and Dragonborn) do we think the internet will be right again?

Personally I'm not convinced, and I'd much rather see the patent in question used on a fully-realised Elder Scrolls game in Hammerfell. The arabianesque setting would be another good non-standard fantasy world after Skyrims Dark Age atmosphere.

Hammerfell sounds a bit barren, whereas Elsweyr is said to have the arid deserts, shifting sands, canyons and some jungle regions as well. So it makes sense for DLC to take place in Hammerfell while a larger title could make better use of Elsweyr's wider variety of locations. I've been looking forward to a chance to really throw a spanner into the Thalmor's works, and Hammerfell sounds like a place that could deliver that experience.

NEDM

Apr 13, 2010
If I remember correctly, they stated before the game launched,(both in articles, and at PAX Prime) that there would be 4 major releases, and minor content packs like hearthfire. So Dawnguard and Dragonborn would be the first half of those. Leaving 2 more to come.

That being said, when I asked about PS3 dlc and how long the wait would be. They said that the PS3 version of skyrim wouldn't have the wait time like PS3 Fallout 3 did. So my trust in Bethesda has dwindled a bit. But if they tied the release for dragonborn on PC, with releasing it to ps3, I'll be quite annoyed.

10 internet points says the 360 will have another full dlc, before ps3 gets a single one including the one that is supposed to come out "early 2013". Which probably means next year....

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
BroJing said:

Well, As Skyrim appeared to be setting up the Thalmor as the main antagonist for Elder Scrolls 6, I'm hoping for the next one to be set around the Valenwood/Summerset Isle area (Also because Valenwood has trees big enough to build towns in... that move). It would be interesting to see how living under the Aldmeri Dominion differs from living under the Empire. Besides, we've already seen Hammerfell in Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall (although admittedly it would probably look rather different now), whereas we've never seen any of the Southern provinces of Tamriel before.