New Star Trek Series Boldly Goes Into Production

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
If it's in the reboot universe then I don't care about it because it's shit. Not being able to watch it anyway isn't an issue (I'd just steal it, which is presumably what they WANT me to do by making it impossible for me to see by any other method) but I just don't care to. Fuck the reboot universe.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
cjbos81 said:
Set phasers to ambivalent.
Probably the best and most honest reaction here. I'll take a look, of course, but I mean if they didn't 'do it' with Enterprise, then...well...you know.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Oroboros said:
Therumancer said:
Honestly, I don't think Cryptic being involved would improve anything. They are incredibly lazy writers and I'd be hard-pressed to single out a story development that I'd say was an *improvement* on what came before-perhaps the development of the Remans, but considering they came out of ST Nemesis, that's not much of a high bar to exceed...and it came at the cost of the rest of the Star Empire being thrown out and replaced with a generic Rebel alliance faction.

Their ship designs likewise....oversized pylons, hard angles...everywhere, and an excess of raised panels. Not too enthusiastic in that department either.

I'm actually hoping it *is* set in the NuTrek Universe...all the easier to ignore it.
I probably explained myself badly. I do not think Cryptic will be involved directly. I simply know that Viacom/CBS is involved with Cryptic and has acted as guardians of the IP, nixing things Cryptic wanted to do, and approving others. Basically Cryptic is very limited in what it can do without permission. This has been feeding speculation for a while that CBS had plans to do another show using the TNG/DS-9/TOS universe and didn't want Cryptic to do anything even more un-canon given their plans, after all why else would they not allow you to play as an android and things like that?

I wasn't thinking they would do anything more than give Cryptic a nod if it came to that, referencing history or whatever. The point was mostly that given their guardianship of the IPs from Cryptic it seems likely that CBS/Viacom will ne using the so called "Prime Universe". As far as Nutrek goes, that's also a theory but we'll see what pans out, while fairly successful as movies it doesn't seem likely to bring out the fans the same way.

Nergui

Dec 13, 2013
Wanna bet the captain will be a non-white woman and there will be a token white man as a lower rank crew member?