New Star Wars Animated Series Airing in 2014

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Bah!

Bring back Genndy Tartakovsky!!! He made Grevious badass as hell before the movie fucked him up.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Whoa whoa whoa! They CANCELLED Clone Wars?! What the hell? But...but what about--gah! My mind can't even grasp this. The series was finally starting to do what it promised to do from the beginning: focus on Ahsoka. Those were the only episodes I really cared about because she was the only character who's fate wasn't already written in stone. And now they cancel it? What about the Madalorian civil war? And the Emperor now being in control of Darth Maul again? And that whole thing with Ahsoka quitting the Jedi?! I just...HOW!
This is like what they did with ending Young Justice. Massive change in the story in the final episode, and then, "Oops, sorry. No more. Screw you fans!" The rage I am feeling right...I have suddenly become very, VERY concerned about the fate of Star Wars if this is how Disney is going to treat it.
This new series better tie into the old one in some ways, or I'm going to be mighty pissed.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
cursedseishi said:
I would like to see what happened with Ventress and Ashoka though, specially Asaaj Ventress. Of all the characters, she might actually be the most interesting one to have popped up in the prequel series, who actually saw some meaningful development.
Read the comic book Star Wars: Obsession. Deals with Ventress's fate.
The problem with that is, at the rate Disney is going, not even the comics and books are going to be safe. Disney is apparently hell-bent on wiping out any Star Wars that doesn't fit into their world view. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to wish Lucas was back in charge. At least he left the E.U. alone...most of the time.

(NOTE: It is completely possible that I'm overreacting because I just found out that one of the few shows I watched regularly has been cancelled and I'm just upset at everything.)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Is it just me or has Star Wars EU been fixated on the time between III and IV for way too long now?

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Parakeettheprawn said:
Eliwood10 said:
Now watch as Disney sticks the show in a terrible time slot, becomes successful outside the target demographic, and cancels it because of "lack of interest".
Why must you make me cry, thinking about how Tron: Uprising died. I loved that show. That finale was fucking fantastic... how could they screw it up. They even managed to make CLU imposing! DO YOU REALIZE HOW HARD THAT IS WITH HOW STUPID A NAME HE'S GOT? GAH! DISNEY!
You're not alone there. That show was brilliant, hell, so brilliant that I would say that it is on par with Batman: The Animated series. Yes, that good. An ensemble cast, terrific character design, expressive animation, gorgeous music, and very strong writing all made it into the best damn thing Disney has aired in a long time. And what the hell did they do? They put it behind a paywall, in a timeslot that was inconvenient with its interested audience, and then it dies because Disney wasn't getting the views it wanted.

Maybe if they hadn't stuck to the old ways, based on the outdated Neilsen ratings system, they would actually be able to find success by changing with the times. How the hell do you think My Little Pony, one of the least likely and most surprising successes of the decade, got to be as popular as it is? Because the creators changed with the times. They didn't take down episodes posted on youtube. They didn't put the show in an inconvenient timeslot or behind a paywall. They embraced the unexpected fandom and used it to drive even more interest in the show. I don't even give a shit about that show, but I have to hand it to the people running things there for knowing their stuff. Because they knew what they were doing that show has risen to memetic levels of relevance and popularity, and others are taking notice and following that lead. It's too bad Disney is such a stick in the mud. They could've had a real hitter here.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Oh look, Disney's acquired another property and has canceled yet another perfectly good show just so they can make their own.

Yes, I'm still bitter about what happened to Spectacular Spider-Man.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
This sounds remarkably similar to the live action show they were tossing around a year or so ago. Good that that too didn't die in a fire like some other Star Wars projects as a result of the Disney buyout.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Eliwood10 said:
Now watch as Disney sticks the show in a terrible time slot, becomes successful outside the target demographic, and cancels it because of "lack of interest".
Too bad it isn't owned by Cartoon Network, they'd NEVER do that.

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
Grenge Di Origin said:
Related Content: <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_305/8855-The-Story-Sucks>The Story Sucks. Coincidence?

That aside, I never gave The Clone Wars a chance.
You should've. Once it found its stride, it got REALLY good. Tron Uprising was pretty good from the word go and Disney, proving it doesn't know good shows from bad, sacked that too.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Eliwood10 said:
This line contains so much win my post cannot contain it X3

OT: We'll see. The Clone Wars isn't exactly going to be a tough act to follow, but "Disney" and "Cartoon" mashed together...oh dear O_O

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Sir Shockwave said:
Eliwood10 said:
This line contains so much win my post cannot contain it X3

OT: We'll see. The Clone Wars isn't exactly going to be a tough act to follow, but "Disney" and "Cartoon" mashed together...oh dear O_O
Greg Weisman is involved though... and is the executive producer if I'm not mistaken.

Honestly with Star Wars now its going to be interesting... I know I said before I wasn't interested anymore... but damn...

The big thing that I'm wondering is how this disparate group of guys is going to go about making this stuff now that its leaving the prequel era and moving into the era that we all love (and acknowledge). Hopefully that means less Jedi and Sith.

The above quote is referring to that new TRON show that was moved around then canned right? I don't know if they'll handle Star Wars the way they handled that. Star Wars comes with its own built in fanbase remember, and its pretty much the one thing to transcend Sci Fi into popular culture. (Star Trek did it too yes, but it doesn't compare to Star Wars)

There are going to be a ton of projects related to Star Wars in the next few years.. some of them have to be good, right? Right? Eh don't answer that -_-

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Sir Shockwave said:
"Disney" and "Cartoon" mashed together...oh dear O_O
What are:

Gravity Falls
Tron: Uprising
Motorcity

They are the only company that can make good western cartoons anymore, albeit short lived. That being said I cannot stand Star Wars so I have no interest.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
i dont think anything is ever going to be as awesome as that animated mini-series that was basically 5-10 minutes of jedi and clones tearing s**t up, but this actually sounds halfway decent. if it doesnt suck for 3 seasons before starting to get good like the last one i might actually like it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to wish Lucas was back in charge. At least he left the E.U. alone...most of the time.
Lucas mangled the EU pretty badly with Clone Wars.

Like that time when the race that had been created specifically for Asajj Ventress was no longer her race. Or that time when Alderaan's capital was moved from a nordic-looking region with mountains and pine/spruce to a differently colored version of every other jungle on the show. Also that time when most of the EU lore about Ryloth was invalidated.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I don't vehemently hate Ahsoka, so I'm kind of interested in seeing if they'll continue her story (probably) in the new series. It'll be interesting to see what happens if she ever encounters Darth Vader, and it'd be awesome if she meets Starkiller and they make a comment about how they hold their lightsabers similarly (because, you know).

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Ishal said:
Greg Weisman is involved though... and is the executive producer if I'm not mistaken.
Iunno...I have seen the older Max Steel cartoon recently...

Ishal said:
Honestly with Star Wars now its going to be interesting... I know I said before I wasn't interested anymore... but damn...

The big thing that I'm wondering is how this disparate group of guys is going to go about making this stuff now that its leaving the prequel era and moving into the era that we all love (and acknowledge). Hopefully that means less Jedi and Sith.

The above quote is referring to that new TRON show that was moved around then canned right? I don't know if they'll handle Star Wars the way they handled that. Star Wars comes with its own built in fanbase remember, and its pretty much the one thing to transcend Sci Fi into popular culture. (Star Trek did it too yes, but it doesn't compare to Star Wars)

There are going to be a ton of projects related to Star Wars in the next few years.. some of them have to be good, right? Right? Eh don't answer that -_-
There probably will be less Jedi and Sith running around, or at least not the focus - Obi Wan and Yoda are in hiding, and the only Sith (that we know of) active at that point are Darth Vader and Emperor Palpetine. It's probably more likely our main characters will be an entirely new set of characters (though I suppose there's nothing against guest starring characters like Bail Organa and Mon Mothra here and there).

Apologies for mangling the names there.

xplosive59 said:
Tron: Uprising
Funny you should bring that up, considering it is Disney (and solely Disney) who are responsible for screwing that show over so hard it makes the DC Nation fiasco look like a day at the beach.