New Street fighter Ultra character is just a Cammy re-skin

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUV2hPfoZg

This is about as lazy as an update to a game gets.

None of this stuff is new. Its just street fighter x tekken assets, with a new outfit for Cammy.

If I didn't love Rolento so much I would definitely not be buying this latest SF4 game.

Fuck you Capcom I am near my limit.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
A reminder that Capcom didn't have to make a fifth character and decided to anyway, with a limited budget dedicated to their fighting games. I won't deny I'm disappointed she's so visually similar to Cammy (considering there's probably like, 2-3 graphic artists max working on the new content I'm honestly not surprised), but she seems to play very differently, so that's something. More options is seldom a bad thing.

As for the SFxT characters, hey, as long as they have been properly fitted into the game, I'm all for it.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I agree that she could visually be more unique/interesting even given that she is one of Bison's Dolls.

That said, however, by all indications she plays extremely different from Cammy and is not yet completely finished so she may even have more unique animations by the time Ultra releases.

Khanht Cope

Jul 22, 2011
So is this just supposed to be a brain-washed Cammy that somehow obtained a new accent?

I may be mistaken, but I think it's part of the Street Fighter lore that sometime around or before SFII (where most of the lore surrounds) she (and I think her sisters?) were briefly supposed to have been mind-controlled into so called "Dolls".

Or maybe it's supposed to be a clone of Cammy? or a coincidence that can be attributed to dubious effort...

Anyway, not like I'm remotely impressed. The last Street Fighter I had any real interest in was the original version of Street Fighter 4, and I stopped paying attention altogether shortly after Street Fighter x Tekken released. This game is so fucking tired after 5 years (about 2 years of figuring out all the intricacies of the engine & how to play, and the other 3 to incremental improvments to playing at a higher level while negotiating minor changes and roster updates; I don't personally feel that wholy new content can save it from the sense of "been there, done that", never mind a few essential copy & pastes from another game that was an odd morph of the same engine.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Visually she isnt very interesting just Cammy with a new getup but I am not surprised that is the case considering it was going to be a Doll type character and ofc it was a fairly safe bet they werent going to do any more models given their current finances.

Capcoms not alone in doing this though and as StriderShinryu said it looks like she plays differently to Cammy anyway so the similarities will mostly be superficial.

I am excited for Ultra though I havent properly played SF4 since the original game came out (stopped playing regularly just after Super dropped) so I am ready to dive back in (and get bodied hard just like I will be in Chronophantasma). Im not to bothered about Rolento or Decapre but Hugo and especially Poison and Elena look great fun. I always wanted to play Elena in third strike but I didnt like her in game art in that and I found Chun much more fun gameplay wise but here Elena looks really good which is awesome.

To many good fighters coming out this year especially from Arc now Capcom just needs to release CVS3 and Darkstalkers 4 and it will be the best year for fighters ever.

I am a bit dissapointed they didnt change the colour of Cammys model though make her skin a bit darker or lighter or change her hair colour or something no doubt there is a story reason but I stay away from SFs story even for a fighting game its an absolute train wreck that not only does nothing for the characters but takes away from them in a lot of cases.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Khanht Cope said:
So is this just supposed to be a brain-washed Cammy that somehow obtained a new accent?

I may be mistaken, but I think it's part of the Street Fighter lore that sometime around or before SFII (where most of the lore surrounds) she (and I think her sisters?) were briefly supposed to have been mind-controlled into so called "Dolls".

Or maybe it's supposed to be a clone of Cammy? or a coincidence that can be attributed to dubious effort...

Anyway, not like I'm remotely impressed. The last Street Fighter I had any real interest in was the original version of Street Fighter 4, and I stopped paying attention altogether shortly after Street Fighter x Tekken released. This game is so fucking tired after 5 years (about 2 years of figuring out all the intricacies of the engine & how to play, and the other 3 to incremental improvments to playing at a higher level while negotiating minor changes and roster updates; I don't personally feel that wholy new content can save it from the sense of "been there, done that", never mind a few essential copy & pastes from another game that was an odd morph of the same engine.
The Dolls, IIRC, were young girls who were kidnapped and brainwashed by Shadaloo into their own assassin army. Cammy, on the other hand, was different. Cammy was a female clone of Bison's own genes, so she's a bit different. For example, she can control the psycho drive. She became "self-aware" because of Dhalsim.

Here's the thing, this new character seems a lot like "pre-turning" Cammy, down to the fact that she can control the psycho drive... But Cammy then was known as Killer Bee, not Decapre, this is well established cannon. On the other hand, Cammy herself is just a clone, so it's entirely possible this is a second clone, which would explain the similarity to Cammy.

As for my personal feelings on it... Bit disappointed that visually it's a Cammy, but gameplay wise she seems interesting. We'll see.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
A bit dissapointing, i don´t like the design of her character. As it looks now, i´d much rather they just took either Juni or Juli, those are some of my favourite characters from Alpha 3, so it could have worked with a "reskin", but decapre doesn´t seem that interesting.

I´m still psyched for the game though, since i didn´t buy Arcade edition, this basically gives me 9 new characters and a bunch of new stages. Could be better (would prefer all new stages and all new soundtrack), but it´s still pretty decent.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
LiquidGrape said:
A reminder that Capcom didn't have to make a fifth character and decided to anyway,
Thats the point this isn't a fifth character its just Cammy. I would't be so annoyed if they hadn't bigged this "new" character up as much as they did.

StriderShinryu said:
That said, however, by all indications she plays extremely different from Cammy and is not yet completely finished so she may even have more unique animations by the time Ultra releases.
Her style of play definitely looks different. But thats only because she has a load of BISON'S MOVES, there is nothing new about this character ARRGGHHHH. She may play quite differently but she still has a lot of her old moves like spiral arrow. We already have enough similar characters in this game, like Ken and Ryu, and Yang and Yun.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Interesting; from what I've heard she's a charge character, so I can already see how that'll make things a lot different for her gameplan.

Slugz

Dec 6, 2010
Aiddon said:
Interesting; from what I've heard she's a charge character, so I can already see how that'll make things a lot different for her gameplan.
I highly doubt she would be a charge character, a lot of her moves looks to be like Cammy's.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
She is the personification of what Ultra Street Fighter IV is. A pointless rehash with minimal effort.
Fuck, man. I'd be more interested hearing about a potential Street Fighter V being made.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
Although she is not what I wanted, she is much more then a Re-skin. The normals of her and Cammy are indeed the same,(with the exceptions of the ones that use her hidden blade), but her special and thus her play style is pretty different. First of all she has a teleport which can end in the air or on the ground, she has special moves for in the air and she has a new charge move, which looks rather cool(running to the animation while punching several times.), Her ultra's are a running move which kind of works like a grab (not really clear) and a slow moving projectile and her super is similar to bison psycho crusher. and there are theories that the specials that look similar to the one of Cammy, have a different input, but I can't not confirm this. Sure, visually she is pretty boring, because she looks more than a skin for Cammy than a unique design, but game play wise she is a pretty cool addition. Shame she isn't for me tho, can't play chargers and extremely aggressive.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
in the street fighter comic by Udon Entertainment, Cammy fights against this doll, she wears the mask and everything. Cammy mentions how her fighting style is a combination of her sisters (Juni and Juli). Basically this is the version that Bison created to create to replace Cammy after Rose gave her the freedom of choice

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Slugz said:
Aiddon said:
I highly doubt she would be a charge character, a lot of her moves looks to be like Cammy's.
She is or, at least, she has a lot of specials that are charge moves. That much has been confirmed by Capcom.

This is still disappointing because: 1) Capcom making a big deal by holding the reveal for this long, saying she was a brand character that never appeared in other fighting games; and 2) having half a dozens Dolls to choose from, they chose to go with the one with the closest look to an established character (she even have Cammy's braids), and very similar moves (she even walks like Cammy and many of her normal moves/throws animations are the same)

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
verdant monkai said:
StriderShinryu said:
Her style of play definitely looks different. But thats only because she has a load of BISON'S MOVES, there is nothing new about this character ARRGGHHHH. She may play quite differently but she still has a lot of her old moves like spiral arrow. We already have enough similar characters in this game, like Ken and Ryu, and Yang and Yun.
Ummm.. and which moves of Bisons does she have again? If anything she's a charge based hybrid of Juni and Juli from Alpha 3.

Rolaoi

Nov 10, 2013
From the video, it looks intentional that she's so visually similar to Cammy especially considering they included footage of her in a fight against Cammy. They will probably be intertwined somehow.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To be fair Decapre is a original character per say well she exists within the SF universe

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dolls

On the other hand I do competely agree that she is just Cammy with a mask (which is different in the comic since her mask suppose to cover her mouth aswell), a different accent and attack moves.

From what I've read elsewhere, I think there is little to none team left behind Street Fighter 4 so that could be the reason why the recent update is just taking characters from Teken vs Street Fighter and having a reskin Cammy but with new moves (seriosuly I was dissapointed that Mika wasn't in it despite showing the sprite version of her at the start or maybe they could had all of the Dolls as bosses).

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
StriderShinryu said:
verdant monkai said:
StriderShinryu said:
Ummm.. and which moves of Bisons does she have again? If anything she's a charge based hybrid of Juni and Juli from Alpha 3.
She has psycho crusher mate its in the trailer. Even if she had a completely new moveset this would still be a disgrace.