New Team Fortress 2 Co-Op Mode Unites Red and Blu

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
kortin said:
The Jakeinator said:
What in the bloody hell are you talking about?
It's Black Ops Zombies with robots instead of zombies.
You do any research before you came to that conclusion? Here's some differences:

1. Robot goal is not killing the Mercs, there may even be a respawn system like vanilla tf2 for the players- Bots are trying to deliver a bomb to a specific point on the map, and the players have to stop them. Think a variation on the Payload gamemode, but against bots.

2. The standard Robots use the class' own guns. The only melee-centric bots are listed among the "special robots". There are even Robot snipers.

3. specialized healer bots who exist purely to support the other robots. Massive house-sized specialized bosses to support the hordes.

And that's just what's been confirmed so far. Sufficiently different in my book from surviving simple waves of generic zombies and exploding dogs.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
TheMadTypist said:
kortin said:
The Jakeinator said:
You do any research before you came to that conclusion? Here's some differences:

1. Robot goal is not killing the Mercs, there may even be a respawn system like vanilla tf2 for the players- Bots are trying to deliver a bomb to a specific point on the map, and the players have to stop them. Think a variation on the Payload gamemode, but against bots.

2. The standard Robots use the class' own guns. The only melee-centric bots are listed among the "special robots". There are even Robot snipers.

3. specialized healer bots who exist purely to support the other robots. Massive house-sized specialized bosses to support the hordes.

And that's just what's been confirmed so far. Sufficiently different in my book from surviving simple waves of generic zombies and exploding dogs.
Evidently the information I was able to scrounge up about it was severely limited.

Whatever the case, that sounds just as boring as Black Ops zombies. :\

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Hmm, according to the Introduction comic "These mercs have gotten enough free experimental tech in the past, they can pay for it themselves from now on" and "These robots run on money, what falls out of it is yours."

I'm smelling some kind of financial award for winning MvM, credits to spend on hats and weapons maybe?

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
TheRealCJ said:
Hmm, according to the Introduction comic "These mercs have gotten enough free experimental tech in the past, they can pay for it themselves from now on" and "These robots run on money, what falls out of it is yours."

I'm smelling some kind of financial award for winning MvM, credits to spend on hats and weapons maybe?
Unlikely. It's far more likely that those pieces are related to the mentioned system of upgrading your weapons over the course of the round.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Me and five friends huh? I guess that explains why only six of the mercs were in the trailer.
DustyDrB said:
An invite to our new robot friends:

[HEADING=2]Burn with me![/HEADING]

Yeah, I feel gratuitous amounts of TF2 time tomorrow. Oh, wait...that's not different than most days.
Oh well...even more gratuitousness!!!!!
I actually sort of wonder how fire damage is going to work on robots. Will it cause after burn damage like normal? Or will the Pyro's flame have a special effect on them, like over heating them.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Falterfire said:
TheRealCJ said:

Unlikely. It's far more likely that those pieces are related to the mentioned system of upgrading your weapons over the course of the round.
Well, according to the MvM minisite, it appears that upgrades and endgame loot are separate items. It's possible that the loot only applies in MvM games, but I suppose we'll find out tomorrow :)

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
scorptatious said:
Me and five friends huh? I guess that explains why only six of the mercs were in the trailer.
DustyDrB said:
An invite to our new robot friends:

[HEADING=2]Burn with me![/HEADING]

Yeah, I feel gratuitous amounts of TF2 time tomorrow. Oh, wait...that's not different than most days.
Oh well...even more gratuitousness!!!!!
I actually sort of wonder how fire damage is going to work on robots. Will it cause after burn damage like normal? Or will the Pyro's flame have a special effect on them, like over heating them.
Ask and you will receive [http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/mercs/]
+Airblast
+Flare Gun

This was made for me. I get over a third of my Pyro kills with the flare gun.
So again...

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
DustyDrB said:
Are the American ones active? I checked one out at like 8PM on a weekend once. I was the only one on. I'm in a clan, so I'll be playing with those guys and gals 99% of the time. But I'd like jump in against some other Escapists from time to time.
gigastar said:
Would you happen to have the server IP addresses or are they posted somewhere on the site?
The server addresses are listed here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-Game-Nights

CA: Toronto - alpha.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:27015
UK: London - uk.tf2.escapistmagazine.com:13013
US: West Coast (Arizona) - tf2.studiorumble.com:28015

We've been trying to get them started up and populated, but it's hard when there's only a handful of people doing it.

That reminds me, I should bother Kross to get the info from the UK and East servers so I can add them to the stats page.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Did this NEED to happen right before College?

Oh god, my sleep schedule is ruined. And my friends' as well.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
shadowstriker86 said:
i noticed there are no spy bots and robots arent immune to backstabs. I'll be raking up so many kills with my quacking knife and dead hooker lol
I think you can only use the weapons you're given, and then upgrade them in-game.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Guess I'm going to have load up TF2 again after all these years. Looks promising, should be pretty cool.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Renegade Shepard said:
kortin said:
The Jakeinator said:

Also goddamn it, this means people wills top playing the multiplayer for my game.
This update is for PC only, there will still be some people playing your horde mode for awhile yet.