New Terminator: Genisys Trailer Reveals Major Plot Twist

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
New Terminator: Genisys Trailer Reveals Major Plot Twist

Come with me if you want to spoil.

Paramount Pictures UK has released a new trailer for Terminator: Genisys with a surprising plot reveal. Entitled, "Payoff," the two and a half minute video is loaded with new footage, much of which provides previously undisclosed information about the role John Connor plays in the plot, who now appears to be dramatically more involved than you might have expected.

Unlike the gang at Paramount, that's as detailed as I'm willing to get. It's the sort of thing I would have rather found out from watching the movie, not its marketing materials. You may want to skip this one if you're already looking forward to the film or have other spoiler-related concerns.

Those who have been paying close attention to Genisys may find it less of a shock. The trailer confirms some details first rumored as part of an alleged script leaked earlier this year.

Terminator: Genisys releases in theaters July 1.

Sources: io9 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V1tCzsgy44]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That's way too much stupid for me to stomach. It looks like everything bad from every sci-fi action movie in the last decade thrown in together + terminator and a whole bunch of nostalgia driven one liners. It's terrible.

captcha: go berserk

No, I don't have the energy for it. I just don't care.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
So to blend in you made a Terminator 67 years old?

Seriously though this kind of looks like bad fan fiction? someone trying to get all the messed up Terminator movies since 2 on one road?
If I was reading comic books I would assume this to be some sort of Crisis on Infinite Earth? but since I don?t I actually don?t know what I?m talking about? it?s confusing I haven?t got my meds yet?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I am not sure what makes me sad more: that the plot of this movie is made out ofm twists, which are mostly dumb (IMO), or the fact that I KNOW all of them from THIS trailer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So they want to mindfuck us further into nonsence?

I admit, I would only watched it for the future battle since that one aspect of the franchise I always wanted to see.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So instead of presenting us with a decent plot, which they know they can't, they decide to just plot-twist us into submission.
MC1980 said:
Also, fuck off Jai Courtney.
No, no, we gotta keep pushing him -- people are bound to take a liking to him eventually... Right?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I feel like they just made a movie version of some silly Darkhorse mini series.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Whoa whoa. That ain't Kyle Reese. Corporal Dwayne Hicks is Kyle Reese.

Anyways, that plot looks like one big clusterduck. Or a series of them. I'm mildly curious to see what actually comes out of all of that, but I sure as heck won't spent $12 to find out.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
Spaceman Spiff said:
I'm mildly curious to see what actually comes out of all of that, but I sure as heck won't spent $12 to find out.
That's good. Every dollar people spend to see this movie vindicates the assholes who make shitty reboots. The best thing that could happen is for this movie to make precisely zero dollars, to make studios want to make good movies just out of self interest.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Spot1990 said:
The funny part is he's essentially Sam Worthington 2: Even Worthington-er. Who's blockbuster leading man decline began with Terminator Salvation.
In twenty years time we'll just have a completely hairless, featureless grey man playing the lead in our blockbusters.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
At least they have the full liquid metal bad guy back as an actual threat I guess. Is...this some sneaky satire that this film is working with? If so, well played. But I fear otherwise.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I think it looks pretty good, it's clear that really isnt
John Connor
but it will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Looks a lot better than T3 or Salvation anyway. T3 was okay but compared to number 2, was meh. and Lets face it, Apart from some interesting idea's Salvation was a flop.

Dec 16, 2009
For those ripping on the aging Terminators,James Cameron is all for it. Its even canon http://io9.com/james-cameron-explains-how-terminator-genisys-deals-wit-1648433072
That's all I got...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I almost want to go see this just as an ultra-stupid popcorn action flick, but I can't in good conscience let them have my money for this.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Whoa whoa. That ain't Kyle Reese. Corporal Dwayne Hicks is Kyle Reese.
I was gonna say something about how Michael Biehn might not be up for starring in an action-heavy popcorn flick these days, as he's pushing 60... but I guess that kind of concern didn't stop them from re-casting Schwarzenegger.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
But, but, but...I want to watch the trailer...! Waaah.

Fine. I'll wait until the movie comes out. Does the trailer at least have lots of stuff blowing up and purple laser guns?

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Not going to lie, the idea of having JC be replaced by a Terminator as well would be a cool new perspective. If they were still in the future and it was him being a chess master, not time traveling. Still, cool that they sent the T-1000 after him. Makes sense, I guess. It just looks dumb, and not in the good way.