New Tony Hawk Game Listed at $120

trebach

Apr 27, 2009
Koeryn said:
CapnJack said:
This idea isn't appealing at all. THen again, neither is any skating game that is realistic. I've never seen the point. This will probably go over well with skaters, though.
I somehow doubt it'll survive a rail stand or primo. They don't make controllers like they make skate decks... And THOSE snap pretty regular.
Not to mention trying to grind with essentially a Wii controller taped under the board. One boardslide and it's history.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Skateboarding lacks the broad appeal of the rockband or wii fit games. Moreover you can use those controllers for multiple games.

This will fail.

5stringedbandit

Jun 6, 2009
Call me old fashioned but I remember the says you would buy a console and a controller, or two if you wanted to play multiplayer, then all you had to do is pay 30 odd quid for the game. Why so many alternate controllers?

seule

Jul 21, 2008
Knight Templar said:
I read the title thinking "Whats the big deal? Every PS3 and 360 games costs that."
But you meant $120USD.
This.

Come to Australia, where $120AU is the standard price they charge. Then go look up an exchange rate and realize they'll probably charge as much as a new damn console for it down here. And there is no way I'd pay that much to do myself an injury, I can just go jump off my roof for the same result, and its a lot cheaper.

seule

Jul 21, 2008
5stringedbandit said:
Call me old fashioned but I remember the says you would buy a console and a controller, or two if you wanted to play multiplayer, then all you had to do is pay 30 odd quid for the game. Why so many alternate controllers?
More money for the developer, disguised as "innovation in gaming"

5stringedbandit

Jun 6, 2009
seule said:
5stringedbandit said:
More money for the developer, disguised as "innovation in gaming"
Correct, but surely this is a massive disadvantage, to the consumer having to pay so much for everything and also the producer having to pay to invent this technology at risk it will be a flop. Why not go back to normal controllers?