New Trailer Immerses You in the World of Skyrim

Sep 14, 2009
more...than one voice actor?

by the gods...

OT: definitely looking forward to this, up until this past weekend i wasn't really gitty at all, but it's been exploding out of me the past day or so.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Also anyone else notice
Whiterun being attacked? Whats that about, I hope it doesnt turn into a new Kvatch, I doubt it will though, Bethesda arent that evil

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Greg Tito said:
New Trailer Immerses You in the World of Skyrim

Only three days left, but this new trailer will sate your appetite for Skyrim - for a while.

Like the rest of the known universe, I am anxiously waiting to play the next Elder Scrolls game. One of Bethesda's strengths in the series has been its excellent world-building detail and after watching the latest trailer, Skyrim is no different. Watch the beauty of the northern country and get a glimpse of random sidequests and merchant dialogue below. Skyrim is out this Friday, November 11th, on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

I've been generally avoiding spoiling the experience of playing Skyrim by learning too much about it, but it's been hard to resist looking over Steve Butts shoulder as he plays the game for our review this Friday.

This "World" trailer, I couldn't resist. From the first time I heard a Khajit refer to itself as Khajit to the closing dialogue delivered by Max Von Sydow, this two minute snippet of the world of Skyrim has got me pumped more than anything else I've seen from the game.

Well, except for that dragon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113797-Dragon-Rage-Abounds-In-Live-Action-Skyrim-Trailer].

In holland people are already playing this.. it's been released early by gamemania clerks over there

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Im crying right now.

Full on sobs and tears.
It hurts me that i cannot FUS RO DAH at citizens this very moment.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
gmaverick019 said:

by the gods...

OT: definitely looking forward to this, up until this past weekend i wasn't really gitty at all, but it's been exploding out of me the past day or so.
no change in the facial placidness tho

Dec 14, 2009
kouriichi said:
Im crying right now.

Full on sobs and tears.
It hurts me that i cannot FUS RO DAH at citizens this very moment.
3 more days my friend.

Then we can FUS RO DAH unto the very heavens.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
M-E-D The Poet said:
In holland people are already playing this.. it's been released early by gamemania clerks over there
To Holland!!

OT - I might have to hibernate until Friday.

wurrble182

Jul 20, 2010
i've booked myself the ultimate skyrim holiday. for two weeks my partner is taking the kids 300 miles north to visit her family, leaving me with no responsibilities whatsoever.

they leave on the 11th of november.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Im not seeing anything from that promised 'weirdness'. And for me that is a major letdown.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I have forseen this, in my dreams. A world rife with adventure, in the aftermath of tragedy and in the midst of the return of myth. It will be glorious.

I'm sorry, I was feeling poetic after that trailer.

Sep 14, 2009
M-E-D The Poet said:
gmaverick019 said:

by the gods...

one step at a time friend, we can't force bethesda to grow up too much otherwise the game might end up being "the old scrolls: where the fuck did bethesda go"

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
M-E-D The Poet said:
gmaverick019 said:

by the gods...

one step at a time friend, we can't force bethesda to grow up too much otherwise the game might end up being "the old scrolls: where the fuck did bethesda go"
Is it set in Bethesdas abandoned offices? Do you go around collecting Todd Howards possesions to sell on e bay?

Hell I would play that.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
the elder scrolls predicted your return...
i have been waiting for you....
longing for you...
TAKE ME SKYRIM, TAKE ME!

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Am I the only one who thought it was Ned Stark who was going to execute the guy? And when I saw the throne all I could think was "THE KING IN THE NORTH, THE KING IN THE NORTH, THE KING IN THE NORTH..."

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Blunderboy said:
M-E-D The Poet said:
To Holland!!

OT - I might have to hibernate until Friday.
I think you'd be able to get here earlier though

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
I did ask for this.

Looking amazing as always, even if it is reused footage. The music is so poignant.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Wowoow. I can't help like feeling that the graphics looked a little shite in some shots. It makes me sad that I don't have a good enough PC to run it and will play it on 360.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Sjakie said:
Im not seeing anything from that promised 'weirdness'. And for me that is a major letdown.
When did they promise weirdness? In all the interviews with Todd Howard where the question about aesthetics/concepts was brought up he said they were sticking with the High fantasy concept that is standard in TES (Arena, Daggerfall and Oblivion) with a nordic/viking flavour that's appropriate for Skyrims harsh and rugged terrain.

He did say they would like to revisit Morrowinds weirdness again, but Vvanderfell won't likely be explored again, not in a full game anyway. Chances are we might see the bizarre side of Tamriel in future DLC. Think Shivering Isles. They already promised substantial DLC.

Blind Sight said:
Am I the only one who thought it was Ned Stark who was going to execute the guy? And when I saw the throne all I could think was "THE KING IN THE NORTH, THE KING IN THE NORTH, THE KING IN THE NORTH..."
Heh, I've been watching Game of Thrones again in anticipation for this game... it's as close as I can get to what skyrim is apparently like.

Shame that Bean (and P. Steward) was used up in Oblivion... he would fit well in Skyrim with the other famous actors in its roster.