NEW update. Leak is out. WARNING!!! Bethesda/Brink is in the Lulzsec firing line.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
CATS FTW said:
NO ONE. I MEAN NO ONE FUCKS WITH BETHESDA, NOT WHILE THEY'RE MAKING SKYRIM AT LEAST. SHIT JUST GOT SERIOUS, I WILL PERSONALLY STRANGLE THEM TO DEATH WITH MY COCK IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL HUNT THEM DOWN AND REPEATEDLY BEAT THEM TO DEATH AND I HAVE ABOUT SIX FRIENDS WHO'D BE WILING TO AS WELL.
Actually, I find this attack against Bethesda amusing, and completely random.
Wonder if they're hoping to find the working beta of Skyrim on the other end of the network?

If nothing else, for me, this is a quiet petty revenge for the bullshit that was their Fallout 3 customer service.
If the hackers get caught doing this (don't count on it), then all the better.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
A lot of people are saying lulzsec isn't very funny and of course they aren't to us but yeah this thread proves they are accomplishing their goal. They are laughing their asses off at all the threats, hate, and in-fighting in threads like these. I wouldn't be surprised if they lurk forums like these just looking for lulzy responses.

I'm sure everyone appreciates having the information but the flaming of lulzsec threads probably just gets them off. If it wasn't against the rules I think everybody should just post fuck'em.

I'm only really posting this because looking through this thread I see nothing constructive or worth saying. And of course this is all just a guess, lulzsec may not even bother looking at forums to get a feel for the public's response but that seems to be their whole goal, reaction.

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Father Time said:
Now why doesn't Anonymous attack them?

They are just black hats at this point.
JWRosser said:
I don't understand why. What are they trying to prove? Do they think that they're some sort of 'anarchistic vigilante' style hero? There's no need for all of this, and has an impact on a lot of innocent people.
They're not black hats, because as it seems they're not using the information they take for their own personal gain. They hacked nintendo, but didn't do anything.
But they're obviously not whitehats either. As risky.biz [http://risky.biz/lulzsec] said; they're grey hats.

I think they're just doing it because they think it's funny how big business, government agencies and even other programmers have really bad security, so they're showing how bad the security really is.

I see people bringing sony into this. It's not about that, as dogstile said:
dogstile said:
They don't want to destroy Sony. They want their lulz. They're bored of Sony, ONTO BRINK! Apparently.
This is exactly right. Sony was an easy target that was being attacked by many other hackers, so they jumped on the bandwagon. Now that Sony has got no more targets, it's literally just onto the next one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose targets by covering a wall with names of developers, companies and other entities with "secure" websites, then randomly throwing darts at it.

CATS FTW

Mar 21, 2010
ks1234 said:
CATS FTW said:
NO ONE. I MEAN NO ONE FUCKS WITH BETHESDA, NOT WHILE THEY'RE MAKING SKYRIM AT LEAST. SHIT JUST GOT SERIOUS, I WILL PERSONALLY STRANGLE THEM TO DEATH WITH MY COCK IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL HUNT THEM DOWN AND REPEATEDLY BEAT THEM TO DEATH AND I HAVE ABOUT SIX FRIENDS WHO'D BE WILING TO AS WELL.
I lol'd sooooo fucking hard at this... Especially the part about "strangling them to death with my cock"
Omg, most epic line ever.
Why thank you, I though it was quite poetic myself.

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
CATS FTW said:
This reminded me of

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Dragonsoulq said:
Oh dear....

I think I'll stay here.
This looks like a level from Portal !

but yeah, i think partly is pissing off people around, but it's a necessary evil, so that companies move their asses into securing their own holes.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
could we get an edit to the title of this if something actually happens? these things do tend to be carried out, it would just be nice to know. also when you start a brink char on steam is there an account starting option? i don't even remember doing that ...

ah well my info was on psn so it's not like it bothers me. further i'm poor as shit :D

Roughgalaxy

Dec 15, 2009
shaboinkin said:
This is why I now have a different password for every single important site I got to now.
I changed my bank password, investment account password, facebook password, and all my email passwords. No more password reuse for me!
While a good step I take mine a couple steps further. I use randomized passwords and change them multiple times a year.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Blatherscythe said:
FalloutJack said:
[HEADING=1]BORING!![/HEADING]

*Changes channel*

Seriously though, who even cares? They're already dead.
Who? Bethesda or Lulzsec?
Oh, my apologies. Clarification is needed.

Lulzsec, and I was saying it in a Fist of the North Star kind of way.

Oh good, I thought with a name like FalloutJack you had the same irrational hatred of Bethesda as NMA. Nice to see I was wrong, and thanks for the funny clip, for some reason two strong men with tiny heads fighting is rather funny.

Zenomorph

Jul 12, 2010
Echo136 said:
Its just a matter of time before they attack STEAM. God help us all.
If that happens im gonna personally learn how to hack, find them all and string them all up by their ankles and stone them.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
I'm honestly finding the official response Lulzsec's attacks to be rather sad, what with the FBI et al just trying to hunt down these specific hackers, or the pentagon trying to claim that cyber attacks are an act of war, as opposed to, you know, trying to develop ways to secure these servers better. It would be like if there was a town with a whole bunch of banks, with the money kept in a back room, and no matter how many times money gets stolen or how many banks get stolen from, people just focus on tracking down these particular thieves and don't do anything to improve the security of the money.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
I'd help them be strung up. These bastards have given me quite a hatred for hackers.
Me too. I'd like to see them beaten to death with a keyboard.

Edit: Quote fail.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
CATS FTW said:
Daedalus1942 said:
No, not Bethseda! They have to keep working on Prey 2 :'(
Please, hackers (I know they're not reading this) just leave Bethesda alone.
Feel free to destroy skyrim but, not Prey 2.... please!?
-Tabs<3-
Shut the fuck up I don't want either to be cancelled but the truth is that the vast majority would sell their souls for Skyrim but go meh for prey 2. Don't be a dick.
You've been trolled... AND reported. Learn a bit of tact.

Anyways, This is a bit scary, but it's possible that Bethesda actually has a decent security system. There's no way to tell if the hackers will get away with personal information this time.

And if they don't, then they've accomplished nothing.

Scorpianhead

Mar 13, 2010
How did anyone think this was funny at first anyway. Plus at least i did not get around to buying brink.

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Meh, all this'll do if they carry on is make our governments restrict the way we use our internet connection. After so many hacks I really don't care any more. It was never cool, it was just annoying, then it got really malicious, and now its just annoying and boring again. Why can't they just get over their god complexes?

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Duskflamer said:
I'm honestly finding the official response Lulzsec's attacks to be rather sad, what with the FBI et al just trying to hunt down these specific hackers, or the pentagon trying to claim that cyber attacks are an act of war, as opposed to, you know, trying to develop ways to secure these servers better. It would be like if there was a town with a whole bunch of banks, with the money kept in a back room, and no matter how many times money gets stolen or how many banks get stolen from, people just focus on tracking down these particular thieves and don't do anything to improve the security of the money.
Because no matter how well you secure a system SOMEONE SOMEWHERE is going to be able to break the security.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
Abengoshis said:
Duskflamer said:
Because no matter how well you secure a system SOMEONE SOMEWHERE is going to be able to break the security.
I'm aware of that but from what I can tell from the news coverage nobody's taking any steps to secure things better, they're just raging against these particular hackers. God help them when China or some other country decides to wage actual, focused, cyber warfare against the US.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Annoying Turd said:
SteewpidZombie said:
They aren't even doing it for lulz anymore, they are just being A$$holes in general. These are the kind of people that I could watch get shot in the head and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Assholes make other people lulzworthy, and I think you're sick if you love watching people get shot in the head.
Did I say I love watching people get shot ANYWHERE in my previous comment? I simply said that those are the kind of people I could watch get shot and I wouldn't lose sleep over (feel guilty about). Lulzsec is just the more stupid version of Anonymous, they target companies and websites simply for attention. The way that both groups steal information and threaten companies while making it's customers/users feel un-safe with their information is legally classified as Terrorism (And last I checked, about 50% of the United States alone celebrated the killing of Osama Bin Ladin. So I'm pretty sure that there are people who are worse than me in their opinions about such things).

Definition of Terrorism:
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
(Both use threats to intimidate/coerce groups for their own reasons)

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
(Both steal/abuse the use of customer and user data to make people/companies fear them or feel intimidated)

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
(Both resist following any sort of legal system and have hacked military or government based systems)

This is the end of discussion, before this becomes a flame war.