NEW update. Leak is out. WARNING!!! Bethesda/Brink is in the Lulzsec firing line.

Pyroguekenesis

Jan 20, 2010
This clearly is the abuse of power, I wouldn't mind if it was the government agencies that were the ones getting hacked but something like this is sheer stupidity and deserves these guys to get caught - seriously, people just want to play games.

Dingo John

Mar 26, 2011
If this means a delay on Skyrim, I will personally hunt down these hackers and beat them to a pulp ! Except I won't... But I would like to !!!

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
voorhees123 said:
Lets hope they love all this publicity now they have made themselves a target worth the FBI and other agencies time. Idiots.
And just generally made themselves enemies of the majority of the planet; law enforcement, company staff, and consumers. When that hammer falls, it's going to be rather nasty, methinks.

I'm personally more mystified by the support and donations. Why in the blazes are you going to stand behind a group of people that are making the "average Joes" suffer?
Just...really?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Father Time said:
Condor219 said:
Father Time said:
Now why doesn't Anonymous attack them?

They are just black hats at this point.
Internet War One would start up if this happened.
Anonymous is much larger than Lulzsec.
You don't say.
A group of a handful of people versus an amorphous blob of half the internet.
You can't attack something if you don't know where it is.
And Lulzsec is a group of top-end hackers.
They are among the best of the best.
They cannot be found unless they slip up.
At the moment, Anon can take down the homepage at best, but that's pretty irrelevant.
That is, unless someone in Lulszec does screw up and reveal the group.
THEN anon can bring down the fury.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Denamic said:
Father Time said:
Condor219 said:
Father Time said:
Now why doesn't Anonymous attack them?

They are just black hats at this point.
Internet War One would start up if this happened.
Anonymous is much larger than Lulzsec.
You don't say.
A group of a handful of people versus an amorphous blob of half the internet.
You can't attack something if you don't know where it is.
And Lulzsec is a group of top-end hackers.
They are among the best of the best.
They cannot be found unless they slip up.
At the moment, Anon can take down the homepage at best, but that's pretty irrelevant.
That is, unless someone in Lulszec does screw up and reveal the group.
THEN anon can bring down the fury.
I am laughing at your post. Just read "Lulzsec" article on encyclopedia dramatica.
And you do know that anon consists of 1337 hackers amass? We are talking about people who could find your personal information in the matter of minutes with just your username.

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
The police forces around the world need to find these pathetic children and take sledgehammers to their hands.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
If they mess with Bethesda and so much as even think about touching anything involving Skyrim...hell will be unleashed.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
General_Knowledge said:
I should not have to accept something bad, however unimportant in the grand scheme of things, because something else more important is happening somewhere else; and complaining about the fact that I couldn't use PSN for weeks, which is something I paid to be able to do since PS3's cost money, doesn't mean I don't care about soldiers being sent to die, or people dying of starvation and disease.
The amusing logical conclusion for his line of reasoning is that you can't complain about PSN because of child soldiers, but they can't complain because some of them have AIDS and they have it worse. Not that they can complain of course, some of them will have lost limbs to landmines.

The logical conclusion is that there's only one person in the entire World with the right to complain.

OT: LulzSec are a pain in the ass but honestly they'll self-destruct at some point. It's just what they do. Now having said that what they're doing is pretty shitty and isn't the fault of the companies that are being attacked. Realistically you can only update your security so often, maybe once every six months at a maximum for a public site? Well LulzSec can refine their attacks hourly, the attacker is always ahead of the game because security is reactive. Now the only real way this group is going down is from within; hacker groups have proved in the past to be comprised of arrogant, high-handed and socially inept people. In other words: not the kind of people that play well in a group. Eventually someone will get too big for their boots or go after the 'ultimate prey' or even become ostracised form the group and become disillusioned.
Yeah, this is pretty much what I've been saying since day one.

I don't know why everyone believes that them getting caught is inevitable, though. This same situation with hackers happened in the 90's, and they simply went underground once the UK and US government imposed new laws against it for whatever reason. They were never caught. Even the US Secret Service were only able to track three of them down.

As you said, weapon technology will always be superior to defense, since it's impossible (or extremely difficult) to protect against something that doesn't exist yet. (And it's much easier to code a brand new Trojan or something than it is to create a counter-measure to it.)

The technology to track these people down has improved, but so has the technology to protet them further.

The internet arms race.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
LiftYourSkinnyFists said:
Just think about what you said, change your password now... they'll get your new one you dolt. :)
They already hacked into Bethesda at the time I made the thread.

OT: update no news on the twitter feed, and no news agencies picked this up.

http://orders.bethsoft.com/ is still down, no under maintanence or anything. just 404

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Blatherscythe said:
-You are already snipped.-
Pffft, hah hah! No, that's not me at all. I've played the originals and I'm played the newies and I thought the move to a 3D real-time environment was a bold and challenging move. Anyway, nah I'm against the lulzies.

Eusebius

Jun 13, 2011
I don't understand; how is doing this supposed to be funny or entertaining? I thought they did stuff with the intent of being funny or entertaining even if they aren't often on target.