New ways to destory the world :D

DaMullet

Nov 28, 2009
Ah... nuclear holocost.... its... its... well, its really over done isn't it?
Same with zombies taking over....
Robots taking over is another one.

I sat down and tried to think of other ways to mess up the world and ... I pulled a blank.

So, how would you destory the world but leave a hand full of survivors to rebuild?

darksaber64x

Aug 15, 2008
Good old-fashioned plague.
Meteor impact.
Overuse of natural resources.
Humanity abandoning the planet, leaving only a handful behind.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Well the most likely scenario I can think of is to cure all disease and populate as much as we can. That would guarantee one hell of a problem killing millions because of starvation and we would use up all of earths natural resourses.

So if you want to destroy the world then try and save someones life.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
Maybe you could work together with a couple billion other people to eventually flood most of the world?

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Everyone in the same place at the same time, causes universe to crash, unable to reboot.
Simple!

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
use geothermal extraction methods to slowly drain the heat from the earth's mantle and dump it into the oceans. First we'll have boiling/evaporation oceans which will wreck havoc on basically everything. Secondly, as the mantle becomes less fluid and more solid, tenctonic activity will cease, ending all vulcanic activity. Without vulcanic activity, more and more carbon dioxide will be trapped in the earth's soil, causing the earth's atmoshpere's ability to mantain heat decrease, wich in turn causes temperatures to drop. The earth won't technically be destroyed, but it will barely able to support life.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Overpopulation is a good one.

I still don't believe zombies have ever been used in a good story in the video game industry, but it's been used to many times people don't like it.:/

A game were everyone on Earth becomes incredibly stupid. Like, REALLY dumb. To the point were nothing happens.

DaMullet

Nov 28, 2009
Popadoo said:
Everyone in the same place at the same time, causes universe to crash, unable to reboot.
Simple!
That wouldn't leave anyone left though, but otherwise awesome.

darksaber64x said:
Good old-fashioned plague.
Meteor impact.
Overuse of natural resources.
Humanity abandoning the planet, leaving only a handful behind.
Those are good... I like the total abandoment of the planet... but that leaves the question as to why they left.

Hmmm... Great ideas! Keep em coming!

DaMullet

Nov 28, 2009
pyrosaw said:
A game were everyone on Earth becomes incredibly stupid. Like, REALLY dumb. To the point were nothing happens.
... Aren't we like more then half way there already?

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
pyrosaw said:

I still don't believe zombies have ever been used in a good story in the video game industry, but it's been used to many times people don't like it.:/

Like where trains crash but they send in more trains but those crash into the trains that just crashed?

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
DaMullet said:
pyrosaw said:
... Aren't we like more then half way there already?
Well, the level I'm talking about is that they can't form sentences anymore. I wouldn't be talking to you right now, because the internet isn't being operated. Basically, de-evolution.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Amphoteric said:
pyrosaw said:

Like where trains crash but they send in more trains but those crash into the trains that just crashed?
Lol. But yeah, stupidity of the highest level. De-evolution.

MrOramri

May 1, 2011
Shift the planet out of its orbit cause it to fly away from the sun. Then we have an ice planet or a really hot one if it goes closer to the sun.

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
rogue planet that collides whit, and obliterate the earth!

edit: Zombie outbreak would fail: http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Acctually a meteor shower is pretty cool, but it has probably been done before.

rofl jet

Aug 23, 2009
Different group of humans evolve in different ways, and do to growing hostilities the entire world is plunged into war.

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
rofl jet said:
Different group of humans evolve in different ways, and do to growing hostilities the entire world is plunged into war.
I've recently started playing Black Prophecy, and that's exactly what's going on, except in space.
There's the Tyi (transhumanism through cybernatic augmentation), Genides (transhumanism through genetic engineering, cloning and eugenics) and Sapiens (regular humans).