New York Hospital to Pause Delivering Babies After Unvaccinated Workers Resign En Masse

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Posted up above. What you're complaining about me doing (which I'm not) is literally the same thing the CDC did. The CDC just posted the one study that fits their narrative and nothing else.
Holy shit.... The sheer arrogance and naivety required to believe that you do more "research" than the CDC does actual research is unbelievable.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
*disheartened chortle*

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine. Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies.

Then, recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

In reality, in addition to being potentially harmful as a skin and eye irritant, a borax “detox bath” will not remove the effects of the Covid vaccine from your body.

The video is one of several methods anti-vaccine influencers and communities on social media have in recent weeks suggested to their many followers who have capitulated and received the Covid shot. Anti-vaccine message boards are now littered with users caving to societal pressure or work mandates and receiving a coronavirus vaccination.

“Once you’re injected, the lifesaving vaccination process has already begun. You can’t unring a bell. It’s just not physically possible,” said Angela Rasmussen, a virologist and adjunct professor at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada.

Detox remedies and regimens have been staples of the anti-vaccine movement for years. Long before Covid, anti-vaccine influencers and alternative health entrepreneurs promoted unproven and sometimes dangerous treatments they claimed would rid children of the alleged toxins that lingered after routine childhood immunizations.

Children, many with autism, have been subjected to these disproven cures by way of parents convinced that they are alleviating suffering caused by heavy metal poisoning from vaccines. The often-costly remedies have included restrictive diets, supplements, chelation and hyperbaric chambers, as well as more dangerous home remedies.

With Covid came a new group of believers.

Now, some anti-vaccine groups are recommending that people who have been vaccinated should immediately self-administer cupping therapy (an ancient form of alternative medicine that involves creating suction on the skin) to speed up the “removal of the vax content” including first making small incisions on the injection site with a razor. Other memes give instructions on how to “un-inject” shots using syringes.

Both methods are potentially dangerous and would not remove the vaccine once it is administered, Rasmussen said.

“The transaction process for the mRNA vaccine is fairly quick. Basically, by the time you get out to your car, sorry, the magic has already started,” she said.

The newfound virality of “vaccine detoxes” is also a strategy by anti-vaccine influencers and groups to steel themselves for a reality in which 70 percent of Americans have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus — even though their dire warnings of mass death and infertility never came to fruition.

“This illustrates how these anti-vaccine communities are shifting and pushing these claims toward vaccinated people,” said Ciaran O’Connor, a disinformation researcher for the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, an anti-extremism nonprofit group based in London.

O’Connor recently released a report, titled “Jabbers’ Remorse,” about the virality of vaccine detoxes, specifically on TikTok, where Madej’s “detox” bath has made the leap to nonfringe parts of the social media platform.

Madej’s video was removed by TikTok last month, but the video’s duets — TikTok’s resharing feature, in which other users add reactions or context with the original video — have received hundreds of thousands of views. One duet lists a recipe of Madej’s bath next to her speech. Others show a TikTok user drawing a bath, or pouring out the ingredients into a container.

Representatives at TikTok did not respond to requests for comment.

“TikTok is being used as designed here, but the way it’s been designed is allowing these misinformed claims to proliferate on the platform,” O’Connor said.

Madej did not respond to repeated requests for comment. She is an osteopathic internal medicine doctor who has propagated a variety of debunked theories about the Covid vaccines and posted to Twitter about a variety of other conspiracy theories, including QAnon. She describes herself as “practicing the truth in Jesus through medicine.”

It is unclear what Madej means by “nanotechnologies,” but on a podcast called “Reawaken America” she falsely claimed there is a “liquified computing system” inside coronavirus vaccines. She has also claimed the vaccines are a “gateway to transhumanism.” Her theories have been broadly fact-checked as false, including earning a “Pants on Fire” rating from Politifact.

While Rasmussen is worried about users experimenting with chemical baths, she said she believes it’s a sign that vaccine mandates are largely working, and anti-vaccine influencers are adapting to a new reality.

“I think it is actually a good sign that these ‘how to undo your vaccine’ videos are taking off,” she said. “It suggests that a lot of those people who previously were saying ‘vaccines are terrible and I will never do it’ are, actually, doing it.”

Without the borax, Rasmussen said the bath is not a harmful idea after receiving the vaccine, but it won’t do anything for the nonexistent “radiation” or “nanotechnologies.”

“Take the bath and kick back and relax with a glass of wine, knowing that I’m safe from a potentially lethal viral infection,” she said.

Still, not all anti-vaccine communities are giving in, even with the false promise of a detox. In anti-vaccine Facebook groups like “Educate Before You Vaccinate,” comments still largely and incorrectly tell users that the vaccine is an irreversible path to government tracking, infertility or death.

Some provided hope with false cures. One user, who told the group her boyfriend “HAD to get a covid shot” and wondered how to “detox his body” was told to follow Madej’s borax bath instructions. Another user told her to look into drinking “Miracle Mineral Solution,” which is bleach and can be fatal if ingested.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
*disheartened chortle*

I saw this same article, and at least they're getting vaxxed? If they want to take a bubble bath in olive oil or whatever afterwards to make themselves feel better about it, I'll take it at this point. It's fucking sad, but at least they've gotten the jab.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I saw this same article, and at least they're getting vaxxed? If they want to take a bubble bath in olive oil or whatever afterwards to make themselves feel better about it, I'll take it at this point. It's fucking sad, but at least they've gotten the jab.
I agree, though it would be preferred if they weren't being advised to go for more bleach and borax afterwards. A certain member of my family has gotten into these conspiracies in the last couple of years including taking bleach "supplements" for them and their daughter under 10 years of age, so am still kinda wanting to avoid impressionable unconsenting kids getting dumped in skin destabiliser here.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I agree, though it would be preferred if they weren't being advised to go for more bleach and borax afterwards. A certain member of my family has gotten into these conspiracies in the last couple of years including taking bleach "supplements" for them and their daughter under 10 years of age, so am still kinda wanting to avoid impressionable unconsenting kids getting dumped in skin destabiliser here.
If Joe Rogan has taught me anything about Covid, it's that you HAVE to put some unnecessary ingredients into your medicine, or a bunch of people will not take it.

Just like Mary Poppins said, 'A spook full of Ivermectin makes the medicine go down.'

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
"We're not that stup... Oh. Apparently we are."
Really I think that we could get these idiots literally eat shit, if we said it would prevent them from having to get the vaccine and sold it with a combination of all natural, government doesn't want you to know, and trump.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Really I think that we could get these idiots literally eat shit, if we said it would prevent them from having to get the vaccine and sold it with a combination of all natural, government doesn't want you to know, and trump.
Shit is all natural and the government doesn't want to you to eat it, at least not literally.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I wonder what would happen if some southern states started banning abortions for unvaccinated mothers, how would the sides align on that issue. Would people's pro choice and pro vaccine stances cause them to malfunction like the fluctlights of the villains in SAO alicization? XD

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
How do these peeps use the borax? Is it somehow diluted like other cleaning products so it only does major but not life threatening damage
The borax is the powdered cleaner form most likely. One cup in a bathtub of water, along with baking soda and epsom salts

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Um, we're almost there...whatever you do, don't google "urine therapy."

Because I've done it for you!

Urine therapy or urotherapy, (also urinotherapy, Shivambu, uropathy, or auto-urine therapy) in alternative medicine is the application of human urine for medicinal or cosmetic purposes, including drinking of one's own urine and massaging one's skin, or gums, with one's own urine. No scientific evidence exists to support any beneficial health claims of urine therapy.

-

Urotherapy
Other common name(s):
autourotherapy, urine therapy, urea therapy

Scientific/medical name(s): none

Description
Urotherapy is an alternative method that involves the use of a patient's own urine to treat cancer.

Overview
No well-controlled studies published in available scientific literature support the claims that urotherapy can control or reverse the spread of cancer.

How is it promoted for use?
Urotherapy has been promoted for a wide variety of diseases and conditions, including cancer. Advocates of urotherapy propose several ways by which the treatment can slow or stop the growth of cancer. One is that urine can stimulate the body's immune system. Cancer and other diseases release chemicals called antigens into the bloodstream. When the immune system detects them, it responds by making antibodies to fight the invading disease. Some of the antigens made by cancer cells appear in the urine, so practitioners have hypothesized that if they give urine to cancer patients, the immune system would react more vigorously by making a greater number of antibodies, thereby increasing its capacity to kill tumor cells.

Other practitioners have suggested that urine inhibits the ability of cancer cells to crowd together, which disrupts their flow of nutrients and waste excretion. Without any way to nourish themselves or get rid of waste products, the tumor cells die.

One proponent asserts that certain components in urine establish a biochemical defense system that works independently of the body's immune system. It is claimed that these chemicals don't destroy cancer cells, but “correct” their defects and prevent them from spreading.

What does it involve?
Patients undergoing urotherapy may drink their own urine (from a few drops to full glasses), use it as an enema, or have it injected directly into the bloodstream or into tumors. In powdered form, urea, the primary component of urine, has been applied directly to tumors appearing on the skin. Urea may also be packed into capsules or dissolved in a flavored drink. There are no established guidelines for how much urine or urea should be used.

What is the history behind it?
The thought of drinking urine may offend the sensibilities of most Westerners, but in fact, human urine has been considered a healing agent in many Asian cultures for centuries. In India, this practice has been a part of traditional medical practices for thousands of years.

In the mid-1950s, a Greek doctor named Evangelos Danopolous, MD, professed that he had identified anti-cancer properties in urea and had used the compound to successfully treat patients with certain types of skin and liver cancer. Dr. Danopolous claimed that his therapy significantly extended patients' lives. He published several small positive case reports, but later studies by other researchers did not achieve the same results.

Other doctors have also claimed that urea has anti-cancer characteristics. One of them, Vincent Speckhart, MD, testified about urea's benefits before a House of Representatives Committee. A breast cancer patient whom Dr. Speckhart treated with urea reportedly recovered from her disease and was alive 10 years after therapy.

Urotherapy is currently offered along with other forms of alternative therapy in some cancer clinics in Mexico.

What is the evidence?
There are some individual reports of urotherapy's ability to stop cancer growth. However, available scientific evidence does not support claims that urine or urea given in any form is helpful for cancer patients. Two small studies done during the 1980s found urea did not cause tumors to shrink in patients with cancer in the liver.

Are there any possible problems or complications?
Individuals have reported that drinking or injecting urine or applying it directly to the skin is safe and not linked to any harmful side effects, but the safety of these practices has not been established by scientific studies. There have been reports of nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, and diarrhea after drinking one's own urine, especially during the first few days. Some medications are excreted into the urine, and by drinking their own urine, patients can accumulate toxic levels of these drugs.

Relying on this type of treatment alone, and avoiding or delaying conventional medical care for cancer, may have serious health consequences.
Just in case you may be thinking it's only a super niche habit for recluses, here's a hopeful candidate for London mayor last year - american RW libertarian brexit opportunist capitalist, the type we are now prime fresh meat for - indulging in it for his YouTube channel...

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Honestly, I am totally in favour of people taking borax baths if it's the decisive factor that convinces them to get vaccinated.

I'd recommend getting vaccinated without the borax bath, of course, but hey, take the small wins as well.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The weirdest thing about this is that it seems to pop up in various nations over and over again.
You just cannot keep people away from drinking their own piss! I'd like to see the evolutionary "psychologists" take a stab at that riddle. 😉

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You just cannot keep people away from drinking their own piss! I'd like to see the evolutionary "psychologists" take a stab at that riddle. 😉
It does kinda seem like to go to for up and coming health gurus.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case you may be thinking it's only a super niche habit for recluses, here's a hopeful candidate for London mayor last year [...]
Oh goddamnit, that guy. I became so sick of seeing his smug face everywhere during the Mayoral election. He must have pumped more cash into his poster budget than the others combined, it was insipid.