New York Hospital to Pause Delivering Babies After Unvaccinated Workers Resign En Masse

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
1) Diabetes and heart disease aren't transmissable diseases whereby your illness kills others. Well, discounting having a heart attack whilst you're driving a car, but that doesn't really count.

2) A vaccine is a few minutes of your time, plus a few side effects for a couple of days. Sorting out diabetes and heart disease are widespread if not wholesale lifestyle change over the course of months-years-lifetime. The two do not even remotely compare in terms of invasiveness into people lives.
He's been told that before, and he ignores it because it doesn't justify his selfishness. I put him on ignore, and so should everyone else.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Which makes it 24 times less deadly than covid.... also, claiming that all heart diseased people is caused by soda is just nonsense

But then, I think the point was that you choose to put soda into your system, thus you reap the results. Where covid is something that is forced onto you generally by SOMEONE ELSE being irresponsible

You would have more on an equivalency if people were locked up and feed soda.
And you think they fully understand how much impact sugar has on heart disease yet? They kept blaming fat from meats for heart disease when humans ate that for thousands of years with no heart disease. Sugar is basically a slow acting poison.

?

The UK has done no such thing. And the EU hasn't mandated anything across the board (I doubt it even has the legal ability to do so).

It wasn't a good explanation, then, because that statement is scientifically illterate.
Are you gonna say kids that grow up in homes with poor diets don't lead to much more diabetes and heart disease? That's the point. Parents are worried about kids with covid yet the far greater danger is from drinks like pop.

1) Diabetes and heart disease aren't transmissable diseases whereby your illness kills others. Well, discounting having a heart attack whilst you're driving a car, but that doesn't really count.

2) A vaccine is a few minutes of your time, plus a few side effects for a couple of days. Sorting out diabetes and heart disease are widespread if not wholesale lifestyle change over the course of months-years-lifetime. The two do not even remotely compare in terms of invasiveness into people lives.
A lot of people don't need the vaccine because they already had covid, there's no point in mandating to everyone when a lot of people don't need something. Just like those born before 1957 didn't get the measles vaccine because they didn't need it. And, people had over a year to improve their diets and health to help against covid, but they didn't because no one told them to. I bet eating healthier and exercising does more than masks.

At this stage, everyone who can get the vaccine almost certainly needs it.

I literally said that getting the disease and fighting it off gives better immunity then the vaccine, but getting both gives even better immunity than that. I'm going to assume by indian variant you meant the DELTA variant and aren't just being weirdly racist. Your immune system adapts to variants by you catching the disease, which is fine if its just one or two people, not if its 100k at once, since while most of those won't need hospitals, some will and there is only so much hospital to go around. All this shit is a numbers game and trying to figure out ways to lessen the impact and ensure the maximum number of people can get the care they need. If this shit turns into a yearly flu like thing then its because of dip shits who won't go the extra 10 feet to mitigate their chances of catching it by getting the vaccine, like those nurses.
Why do you NEED more immunity than what is needed? We know natural immunity is very strong. And the added boost from a vaccine only lasts a short time so what's the point? Do you want everyone getting a shot every 6 months? Either you have faith (since we only know natural immunity or vaccine immunity lasts as long as we have data for it) that your immune system is gonna work or you don't. I have faith that it will work based on previous data (SARS from 2003) and current data (immunity levels that aren't antibody levels are not waning over time, you have more than antibodies to take out the virus), it's not 100% but nothing is and I don't think getting a shot every 6 months is feasible or even something that should be done just to lower risks by like 0.000001% or whatever it will turn out to be. If YOU want to be ever-so-slightly safer, fine, but mandating to everyone your extreme risk tolerance is bullshit. Calling the variants alpha and delta and whatnot is stupid, it's the UK variant or Indian variant, there's literally nothing wrong about calling it that, it's not racist to name it from where it came from (we've done that for our entire history). Then, when you have dumb naming conventions, everyone is like not getting vaccinated is causing variants when the variants have all came from places with no or very low vaccination rates (and more people would know that if you just named them properly). So your neighbor Bob that didn't get vaccinated is not making a new variant more likely so stop shaming Bob because it only makes Bob less likely to get the vaccine.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Why do you NEED more immunity than what is needed? We know natural immunity is very strong. And the added boost from a vaccine only lasts a short time so what's the point? Do you want everyone getting a shot every 6 months? Either you have faith (since we only know natural immunity or vaccine immunity lasts as long as we have data for it) that your immune system is gonna work or you don't. I have faith that it will work based on previous data (SARS from 2003) and current data (immunity levels that aren't antibody levels are not waning over time, you have more than antibodies to take out the virus), it's not 100% but nothing is and I don't think getting a shot every 6 months is feasible or even something that should be done just to lower risks by like 0.000001% or whatever it will turn out to be. If YOU want to be ever-so-slightly safer, fine, but mandating to everyone your extreme risk tolerance is bullshit. Calling the variants alpha and delta and whatnot is stupid, it's the UK variant or Indian variant, there's literally nothing wrong about calling it that, it's not racist to name it from where it came from (we've done that for our entire history). Then, when you have dumb naming conventions, everyone is like not getting vaccinated is causing variants when the variants have all came from places with no or very low vaccination rates (and more people would know that if you just named them properly). So your neighbor Bob that didn't get vaccinated is not making a new variant more likely so stop shaming Bob because it only makes Bob less likely to get the vaccine.
You are so bad at this. THIS IS A NUMBERS GAME. Getting covid gives you like 70% not to catch one of the variants, getting the vaccine on top of that bumps it up to 90% immunity. Viruses mutate and immunity wanes, and this virus is viral as fuck so we need to actually be taking steps to nip this in the bud, no sitting on our hands being dip shits who don't take this crap seriously. If we had a vaccine with 100% immunity then I would say "fuck it", let those who don't want the shot not get it, maybe they will get sick and resolve the issue of them being stupid and selfish, but we don't. We have to deal with an extremely viral disease that can mutate and get vaccinated/immune people sick again.

Also, NO calling the variants by where they came from is monstrously stupid. Not only does it increase hate crimes against people of that nationality but it also doesn't help if there are multiple variants from a location. Say there are 5 from India, gonna call if "sars covid india v4"? I think you just want people to be beaten in the streets. I think you just want to be racist.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
A lot of people don't need the vaccine because they already had covid, there's no point in mandating to everyone when a lot of people don't need something.
True, a lot of people probably don't need the vaccine because they've already had covid. But...

1) How do you propose to discriminate between the ones that would benefit and the ones that don't? What test exists to do this reliably?
2) How do you propose to ensure that people excused the vaccine can do so? Surely we need to mandate a PCR antibody test to excuse people from the vaccine?

Why do you NEED more immunity than what is needed?
3) How much immunity do we need, and how do we measure that?
4) How much does immunity wane, and how do we measure that? For instance, antibodies are part of the body's immune response. If you have lower antibody levels, you obviously are likely to have a weaker immune response to some degree. So we need to ask how much it affects risk: 5%? 10%? 40%?

You're trying to discuss shades of grey with black or white. You are not going to get to a good answer.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And you think they fully understand how much impact sugar has on heart disease yet? They kept blaming fat from meats for heart disease when humans ate that for thousands of years with no heart disease.
Ah yes, because before we started recording heart disease, heart disease simply didn't exist!

Jesus wept.

Uhrm, that article isn't about mandates. It's about vaccine passports.

The UK is considering introducing passports which would act as a condition of entry to nightclubs. And the EU's passport is to exempt people from quaranting.

Neither are mandating vaccines/antibody tests.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And you think they fully understand how much impact sugar has on heart disease yet?
Enough, yes. In fact, they've had the evidence to determine the dangers of sugars since the 60s, even though it has not been the most popular target for advice. More below.

They kept blaming fat from meats for heart disease when humans ate that for thousands of years with no heart disease. Sugar is basically a slow acting poison.
This is a bizarre claim. Fats have contributed to heart disease since forever. In the modern era, meat eating in most societies has vastly increased relative to earlier ages, together with a decrease in physical activity; this has increased the risk. Sugar consumption has increased even more radically, and is likely to be an even bigger problem.

The key debate here goes back to Ancel Keys and his chief opponent Brian Yudnik. Keys thought fats were the problem, and Yudnik sugars. Keys won this debate for the most part, substantially because he had a major (albeit flawed) study behind him, and because he was much better at PR. As he carried a lot of the nutrition field with him, it's taken decades (in large part his disciples retiring and dying of old age) to replace his dogma.

Sugar is not "slow poison", it is a completely natural foodstuff.

Broadly, there are monosaccharides, e.g. glucose, fructose, and galactose. Then disaccharides, which are combinations of two linked monosaccharides (lactose, maltose, sucrose, etc.). There are also big polysaccharides made of lots of linked monosaccharides, like starch and glycogen. All sugars and polysaccharides are basically converted by the body into glucose for use. Broadly, "sugar" in vernacular means table sugar, sucrose, which is a dimer of glucose and fructose. From hereon in, I'm going to use it to describe mono- and disaccharides generally. Anyway, the long and short of this is that virtually everything you eat has sugar in it. However, consuming large quantities of it has only become prevalent since we've been able to refine things like sugar cane and sugar beet. Before then, honey and fruit were the main sources, and neither were generally consumed in huge quantities.

Glucose triggers insulin production, so large intake of sugars promotes high insulin levels, which causes fat creation / storage (hence cardiovascular problems) and over time may lead to insulin insensitivity (type II diabetes). Polysaccharides are much less problematic in this regard, because it takes a while to break them down so they don't tends to cause such extreme glucose (and thus insulin) levels.

The simple answer is modest consumption of sugars. You would however also be well advised to modest consumption of meat and many other fats, because they aren't going to do you any favours either. There's a reason statins (which reduce cholesterol) are so effective in reducing cardiovascular disease. In fact, there is the simple axiom of "moderation in all things".

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen and BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My future nephew in law works in the medical field and got and recovered from Covid. He now has greater immunity to Covid than someone that never had Covid but got the jabs. He is no more likely (less likely?) to spread the disease than the vaccinated. Even so, to keep his job, he had to get the jabs so he did. And they're still testing him. And he, without symptoms, tested positive. He thinks remnants from the shots caused a false positive. Everyone around him, including me and mine, ran out, got tested as we were with him indoors for an extended period. Every last one of us tested negative. I wonder how many of these quitting nurses are in the same boat? That they just think all of this nonsense is hysteria?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I heard on the news that there reason hospitals are overwhelmed in some states right now is because a lot of nurses got laid off from the suspension of non covid proceedures. Then a bunch of nurses quit when they force told they MUST get the vaccine.

Which has resulted in a labor shortage. So when a hospital is at capacity it doesnt mean the hospital is full, it means they dont have to staff to handle more people.

Oh i found an article https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...kers-laid-off-furloughed-during-pandemic.html

Here is one about nurses quitting https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...c-health-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/5680714001/

ABC local ness was talking about this a few days ago which is where i heard it.

Also i saw that all that extra hospital space they built and those military ships ended up doing nearly nothing. The hospital ship in new york city only treated 200 people. https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...s-nyc-having-treated-fewer-than-200-patients/

And a lot of the hospital field space went unused. https://apnews.com/article/virus-ou...ds-manhattan-e593ba57f37206b495521503d7e5e4c5

Though this might be because they couldnt use space they didnt have the stuff to cover because they fucking ferlowed the staff.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Don't recall where I first heard it. Back in August, the CDC was claiming the opposite.

But it's around.

Example: " First, the possibility that a COVID infection leads to longer-lived immunity than vaccination is not far-fetched. "

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
My future nephew in law works in the medical field and got and recovered from Covid. He now has greater immunity to Covid than someone that never had Covid but got the jabs. He is no more likely (less likely?) to spread the disease than the vaccinated. Even so, to keep his job, he had to get the jabs so he did. And they're still testing him. And he, without symptoms, tested positive. He thinks remnants from the shots caused a false positive. Everyone around him, including me and mine, ran out, got tested as we were with him indoors for an extended period. Every last one of us tested negative. I wonder how many of these quitting nurses are in the same boat? That they just think all of this nonsense is hysteria?
Neither prior infection nor the vaccine stop you getting infected again, and so you may be positive even with immunity.

What happens when you get infected is the virus replicates as fast as it can and your body tries to kill the virus as fast as it can. "Immunity" means your body recognises the virus and so responds to kill it much faster. This means you should have much reduced or symptoms and a shorter period where your body has virus present - but you still have it.

Having does covid infection necessarily give you "better" protection than the vaccine. We know that the strength of immunity to covid from infection varies, and - possibly - there is less immunity with a weaker infection. However, the vaccine is likely to induce a very strong immune response under any circumstance, where a weak infection may only induce a weak immune response. Infection has advantages in the sense that your body is likely to recognise and be able to respond to any part of the virus, whereas the vaccine is just a specific part of the virus. This should provide advantages in terms of variants, because it increases the chance your body will recognise part of a variant virus, whereas a variant with mutation in the part of the virus the vaccine is based on could substantially reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Quitting your job over a five minute vaccination that helps your body be better protected against a disease, that's hysteria.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Broadly, there are monosaccharides, e.g. glucose, fructose, and galactose. Then disaccharides, which are combinations of two linked monosaccharides (lactose, maltose, sucrose, etc.). There are also big polysaccharides made of lots of linked monosaccharides, like starch and glycogen. All sugars and polysaccharides are basically converted by the body into glucose for use. Broadly, "sugar" in vernacular means table sugar, sucrose, which is a dimer of glucose and fructose.
Are the sugars which have more steps in the body's breakdown vs the more purer refined, less steps involved, sugars, 'better'?

"Immunity" means your body recognises the virus and so responds to kill it much faster. This means you should have much reduced or symptoms and a shorter period where your body has virus present - but you still have it.
So are there people who are not just 'immune' but literally cannot get it at all in the first place? And what would you call that?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Are the sugars which have more steps in the body's breakdown vs the more purer refined, less steps involved, sugars, 'better'?
It doesn't really make that much difference until it gets to polysaccharides, but they aren't sugars. Fructose may be worse than glucose. The reason for this is that it has to be converted into glucose by the body, so that puts additional metabolic strain on the liver (which is where the conversion takes place). But this is still far from proven.

So are there people who are not just 'immune' but literally cannot get it at all in the first place? And what would you call that?
The virus needs to bind to a target inside the body - that's an enzyme called ACE2. So if you have no ACE2, you theoretically can't catch covid. But pretty much the only people with no (or very little) ACE2 are young children. (People with obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes tend to have more ACE2.)

Reactions: Kwak

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I heard on the news that there reason hospitals are overwhelmed in some states right now is because a lot of nurses got laid off from the suspension of non covid proceedures. Then a bunch of nurses quit when they force told they MUST get the vaccine.

Which has resulted in a labor shortage. So when a hospital is at capacity it doesnt mean the hospital is full, it means they dont have to staff to handle more people.

Oh i found an article https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...kers-laid-off-furloughed-during-pandemic.html

Here is one about nurses quitting https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...c-health-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/5680714001/

ABC local ness was talking about this a few days ago which is where i heard it.

Also i saw that all that extra hospital space they built and those military ships ended up doing nearly nothing. The hospital ship in new york city only treated 200 people. https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...s-nyc-having-treated-fewer-than-200-patients/

And a lot of the hospital field space went unused. https://apnews.com/article/virus-ou...ds-manhattan-e593ba57f37206b495521503d7e5e4c5

Though this might be because they couldnt use space they didnt have the stuff to cover because they fucking ferlowed the staff.
I mean, these are sizable numbers.

However, as I recently said that nurses, doctors, and all medical professionals have the distinction of being human.

And did you know that nurses were quitting before the mandate? Oh yes.

The Covid-19 pandemic has created a nurse staffing crisis that is forcing many U.S. hospitals to pay top dollar to get the help they need to handle the crush of patients this summer.

The problem, health leaders say, is twofold: Nurses are quitting or retiring, exhausted or demoralized by the crisis. And many are leaving for lucrative temporary jobs with traveling-nurse agencies that can pay $5,000 or more a week.

It’s gotten to the point where doctors are saying, “Maybe I should quit being a doctor and go be a nurse,” said Dr. Phillip Coule, chief medical officer at Georgia’s Augusta University Medical Center, which has on occasion seen 20 to 30 resignations in a week from nurses taking traveling jobs.
Here are the facts: Nurses have been fleeing from the profession since Covid began.

And we shouldn't forget that these people are actually Front of the Frontline workers. When parties were blocking access to the truth and manipulating the CDC on what to release, these nurses were out there, doing their job and following their passion.

Also, as of April 2021, more than 3500 nurses died from Covid

Now to bring back my point about Medical Workers being human, do you want to know the hardest hit state? I think we all know what it would be.

New York State trounces everyone else with the number of nurses who have died from Covid. At the time of the chart, NY had 453 deaths due to Covid. California was the second closest at 332. And now that a bunch of New York Nurses want to ignore the evidence and the actual death of their collegues, we need to sit down and heed their selfishness as saliency?

So, here's where I'm confused. Hospital Staff being burnt out have been on the news since Covid started, and have been protesting about how they are being worked past the point of exhaustion:

Where was the sympathy then? Why now when actual life and death matters have been politicized? Is it because of how certain people feel about the virus and the political party in charge?

What was it that the Right kept on championing back in the day? Facts don't care about your feelings? I really am getting curious of why they have shifted that stance when the facts don't correlate with what they want, and their desires of "personal freedoms" have now become their only defense they have left.

When will some people stop fighting to be on the wrong side of history?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Where was the sympathy then? Why now when actual life and death matters have been politicized? Is it because of how certain people feel about the virus and the political party in charge?
I think both "sides" are guilty of this.

In terms of nurses quiting during the pandemic, I would imagine this pandemic was levels of stress far beyond anything they've ever seen before and they simply couldn't handle it. I don't blame them for it either. It takes a special person to even be a medical professional, and I imagine it takes an even more special type of person to be able to handle extreme medical disasters.

The question I would pose though, is if nurses were quitting so much, why would they continue to ferlow the other nurses. The idea is that they down staffed for non-covid related staff, but if remaining staff quit why would they not bring back some of the ferlowed staff?

It seems like there were fuck up at every possible aspect of this whole pandemic. And a lot of the fuck ups continue as more information comes out that doesn't make any fucking sense. For example, why would any medical professional refuse the vaccine if it is so reliable and safe? If the vaccine is so effective, why does Covid seem to be such a big fucking problem when 60% of people have gotten at least one dose, and 55.7% are totally vaccinated?

We are looking at surges (they claim) that are just as bad as the original surge of the pandemic. But shouldn't there be at least a 50% down turn from that result if so many people are vaccinated? Then more shit about the vaccine continues to come forward that I'm sure make a lot of people feel like it is a waste of time. For example, you can still get covid, even if you don't get sick you can pass covid to others, the vaccine has had no effect on restrictions like masking, the vaccine apparently needs to be boostered but there has been no information as to when someone would need a booster. It seems like the vaccine needs 3 doses not too, and quite frankly this is the only vaccine that I've ever heard of that need multiple doses close together, even googling it the only ones I can find are STD's based vaccines like HPV and Hep.

The flu shot is once a year, which is because every year the flu mutates, and that's fine. But Covid you get a double dose after 3 weeks. Then how long after that is the booster? And why?

I don't know shit, but listening to the news and hearing all this makes me think that these vaccines which were rushed out into the public really aren't all that helpful long term. We saw massive dips mid-summer as the vaccine got pushed out to everyone, but four months later we are damn near back to square one in some places. So what the fuck is happening? I can't believe this is solely because of the remaining 39ish percent of people who aren't getting the vaccine at all are fucking it up for the vaccinated folks.

Yet at the same time, we hear all this shit about how bad things are you can turn on the TV and see the NFL stadium's packed and not a mask to be worn any fucking where. So no regulation at mass gatherings? Where is the consistancy? Where are the serious attempts to stop the spread of this fucking thing?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It seems like there were fuck up at every possible aspect of this whole pandemic. And a lot of the fuck ups continue as more information comes out that doesn't make any fucking sense. For example, why would any medical professional refuse the vaccine if it is so reliable and safe? If the vaccine is so effective, why does Covid seem to be such a big fucking problem when 60% of people have gotten at least one dose, and 55.7% are totally vaccinated?
Because of the legions of people who desperately want to pretend that covid is over and are thus taking zero precautions whatsoever
We are looking at surges (they claim) that are just as bad as the original surge of the pandemic. But shouldn't there be at least a 50% down turn from that result if so many people are vaccinated?
Because of the legions of people who desperately want to pretend that covid is over and are thus taking zero precautions whatsoever
Then more shit about the vaccine continues to come forward that I'm sure make a lot of people feel like it is a waste of time. For example, you can still get covid, even if you don't get sick you can pass covid to others, the vaccine has had no effect on restrictions like masking, the vaccine apparently needs to be boostered but there has been no information as to when someone would need a booster. It seems like the vaccine needs 3 doses not too, and quite frankly this is the only vaccine that I've ever heard of that need multiple doses close together, even googling it the only ones I can find are STD's based vaccines like HPV and Hep.
You are doing the "it's not 100% effective and is therefore useless" thing again
The flu shot is once a year, which is because every year the flu mutates, and that's fine. But Covid you get a double dose after 3 weeks. Then how long after that is the booster? And why?

I don't know shit,
lmao
but listening to the news and hearing all this makes me think that these vaccines which were rushed out into the public really aren't all that helpful long term. We saw massive dips mid-summer as the vaccine got pushed out to everyone, but four months later we are damn near back to square one in some places. So what the fuck is happening? I can't believe this is solely because of the remaining 39ish percent of people who aren't getting the vaccine at all are fucking it up for the vaccinated folks.
Facts do not require belief
Yet at the same time, we hear all this shit about how bad things are you can turn on the TV and see the NFL stadium's packed and not a mask to be worn any fucking where. So no regulation at mass gatherings? Where is the consistancy? Where are the serious attempts to stop the spread of this fucking thing?

And money.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
*snips*

To the Furlough Question, we can look here.

As the U.S. battled the COVID-19 pandemic, government officials and hospital administrators stressed their growing need for nurses, especially early on, in places like New York City and other epicenters. News articles depicted both the dire need and difficult work environments through images of exhausted and weary nurses sleeping on their feet or across their workstation.

But in other parts of the U.S., the images looked much different. The scenes in New York City were contrasted with scenes in smaller cities and towns of nurses called off shifts or temporarily furloughed.

A persistent nursing shortage has been widely acknowledged and experienced across the U.S. in the past couple of decades. So why have nurses been furloughed during a nursing shortage and pandemic?

From March to April, many states suspended elective surgeries and issued varying degrees of shelter-at-home orders. While successful in helping flatten the curve and minimizing the spread of COVID-19, the effect on hospital revenue and nurse staffing was significant.

In May, the American Hospital Association (AHA) issued a brief stating that in the first 4 months of the pandemic it was estimated that hospitals and health systems lost $202.6 billion in revenue. In July, the AHA projected a total of $323 billion in losses for hospitals and health systems by the end of 2020.

These losses are due to the hold on elective surgeries, a slow restart of surgeries, the 19.5% average decrease in inpatient admissions seen across hospitals, and a decrease of 34.5% of outpatient visits. Even ED visits were impacted with a 10%-42% decrease in patient volumes.

Decreased patient volumes naturally lead to decreased staffing needs. Elective surgeries being cancelled led to closed ambulatory surgery centers, limited need for pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative staff and nurses in the hospital. This led to entire units being shut down due to lack of volume.

With decreased procedures, patient volumes, and need for staff, hospital administrators had to consider cost-saving measures.

The University of Cincinnati Medical Center is among many: The American Hospital Association recently predicted that U.S. hospitals and health systems would end up taking a $200 billion hit over a four-month period through June. Most of that money — $160 billion — is from lost revenue from more lucrative elective procedures.

"The only people who are coming into the hospitals are COVID-19 patients and emergencies," says American Hospital Association Executive Vice President Tom Nickels. "All of the so-called elective surgery, hips and knees and cardiac, etcetera, are no longer being done in most institutions around the country."

Nickels says hospitals are in a tight spot: "They're still having to have their institutions open. They are still caring for people who come in. They are still taking care of COVID-19. But that's an enormous amount of lost revenue."

The revenue losses will more severely affect poorer and more rural hospitals whose finances may be marginal in the best of times, Nickels says.

"That is certainly an existential threat," he says. "And I think [it] will threaten the ability of some of these hospitals to remain open."
It's not because Covid isn't packing hospitals. It's because Covid isn't big money like Surgeries and the like. People stopped getting those and procedures that actually make hospitals money because they didn't want to get sick. So Hospitals lost profit.

So to sum it up... Capitalism. Capitalism demands profit over lives.

And why should it be down? There are still people out there transmitting the virus. In greater numbers than last year, because there isn't any lockdown to stem the tide. If more people are out, more people will get it. If more people don't wear mask, the more people will get it. If more people ignore warnings because they are simply too 'fatigued', the more people will get it.

Remember what 2020 looked like at most times.

As an ex-New Yorker, that as creepy as smile.jpg. At no time of the day or even the year should New York look like that.

Anyway, there are still more unvaccinated people out there getting it because they are more exposed than ever. To put in perspective, we're talking about hundreds of people, all wearing masks and following guidelines of 2020... and comparing it to hundreds of thousands (millions, in certain cities) of people who gave up wearing masks and decided not to get the vaccine in 2021. But we're confused about how come the numbers are greater? Really? There are more people out there with less to no guidelines, not vaccinating themselves. Yes, numbers will go up. If viruses were sentient, this is exactly the scenario they would hope for in order to spread through us as much as possible.

There's nothing shocking about the numbers going up if we decide to continue doing what we're doing.

But we've reached the actual problem here. And you said it yourself.

"I can't believe".

You're not objective to this. Your mind is made up. You seek what validates your mindset and shun what doesn't. The 'Misinformation' you speak of is you shunning the CDC, WHO, The Mayo Clinic, actual world leaders on Health and Medicine who all say get the vaccine. That's as clear cut as you can get, because these are the people that almost all medical procedures stem from in the United States.

But a couple of people who have an agenda say "Nah, man, I'm going to do my own thing". And you're confused? Where is their funding? Where are their fellows? Where are their legion of researchers? Are they as profilic as the World Health Organization? Which, pro tip... they have the 'World' in their name, so I'm guessing not.

You are choosing not to listen. You are choosing to ignore what you don't want to agree with. And you are promoting this when people are dying from it.

Lastly, daily reminder, Covid has now surpassed the Spanish Flu to take the place as America's most deadly pandemic.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
God, I hate the formatting on this site sometimes. I can't correct whatever's wrong with my previous post. It will only allow my post to go through if it's quoted. Everything I fix in editing gives me the 'oops' prompt. That's how it's going to be.

It doesn't really make that much difference until it gets to polysaccharides, but they aren't sugars. Fructose may be worse than glucose. The reason for this is that it has to be converted into glucose by the body, so that puts additional metabolic strain on the liver (which is where the conversion takes place). But this is still far from proven.

The virus needs to bind to a target inside the body - that's an enzyme called ACE2. So if you have no ACE2, you theoretically can't catch covid. But pretty much the only people with no (or very little) ACE2 are young children. (Your Average American tends to have more ACE2.)
Fixed it for you in bold. You don't have to be polite, we know what we're about.

~Edit, my one thousandth post was about how I can't get this forum to post my messages right and slagging off on Americans. Can you encapsulate my time here any more than that?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
For example, why would any medical professional refuse the vaccine if it is so reliable and safe?
Literally every doctor and nurse I know smokes and drinks, and the majority of the nurses I know are also overweight.

Guess those things are all perfectly ok and healthy because medical professionals do it right?