New York Hospital to Pause Delivering Babies After Unvaccinated Workers Resign En Masse

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Literally every doctor and nurse I know smokes and drinks, and the majority of the nurses I know are also overweight.

Guess those things are all perfectly ok and healthy because medical professionals do it right?
Yeah that's a good point.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
God, I hate the formatting on this site sometimes. I can't correct whatever's wrong with my previous post. It will only allow my post to go through if it's quoted. Everything I fix in editing gives me the 'oops' prompt. That's how it's going to be.

Fixed it for you in bold. You don't have to be polite, we know what we're about.

~Edit, my one thousandth post was about how I can't get this forum to post my messages right and slagging off on Americans. Can you encapsulate my time here any more than that?
Hey, shouting into the void has cathartic value and is therefore good for the immune system.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Quitting your job over a five minute vaccination that helps your body be better protected against a disease, that's hysteria.
Do we know it is a five minute vaccination? I have a buddy that was bed ridden for 2 days after the 2nd shot. Now we have a truly fascist POTUS telling us he's losing patience with us and they're now pushing us to take a 3rd "booster shot."

And again, there is evidence you're better off just getting the bug and recovering on your own:
Example: https://theconversation.com/covid-i...doesnt-mean-you-should-try-to-catch-it-167122

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Do we know it is a five minute vaccination? I have a buddy that was bed ridden for 2 days after the 2nd shot. Now we have a truly fascist POTUS telling us he's losing patience with us and they're now pushing us to take a 3rd "booster shot."

And again, there is evidence you're better off just getting the bug and recovering on your own:
Example: https://theconversation.com/covid-i...doesnt-mean-you-should-try-to-catch-it-167122
Or example, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...umbers-of-patients-will-develop-complications

Fun Fact, TIL that there's such a thing known as Post-Covid, and it's so distressing to the body that it's considered a disability under the American Disabilities Act/

Now I'm going to get ready to go into work for a bit, where my co-worker has been gone for the last week because of her father's death due to Covid. Which is also a serious complication from the virus.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Or example, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...umbers-of-patients-will-develop-complications

Fun Fact, TIL that there's such a thing known as Post-Covid, and it's so distressing to the body that it's considered a disability under the American Disabilities Act/

Now I'm going to get ready to go into work for a bit, where my co-worker has been gone for the last week because of her father's death due to Covid. Which is also a serious complication from the virus.
We were essentially told this was the coming of a zombie apocalypse. I know one person that has died of it. One. She was 86, morbidly obese and had advanced COPD. Though a number of younger people in my circle got it, few were symptomatic, none went to the hospital.

I too know a daughter who lost her dad. Coming from the US, She had to quarantine in Thailand before being allowed to visit him. He died while she remained in quarantine and never got to see him again.

I've heard it is better to follow the money than the science. Pro Covid hysteria pays off big bucks to the already wealthy and powerful. We see rich, powerful people like 80ish year old Nancy Pelosi walking around unmasked while telling everyone else to lock down. She knows more than us. And she is not afraid.

To be honest, I'm sure there is attention, "clicks" and even money to be had by being against our Covid responses.

I'd like to see an unbiased investigative committee look into our Covid responses. But, even if we have one, I'm not certain I'd believe it. There's just too much money and power to be found in the hysteria.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticalGaming

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Do we know it is a five minute vaccination? I have a buddy that was bed ridden for 2 days after the 2nd shot.
Uh-huh, and compare those 2 days spent bedridden with the after-effects of the disease itself: loss of senses, difficulty breathing potentially for weeks, death... and potentially symptoms for years if you develop long Covid.

Now we have a truly fascist POTUS telling us he's losing patience with us and they're now pushing us to take a 3rd "booster shot."
Frankly, I'm losing patience with the "vaccine sceptical" crowd myself. No wonder we're still in this godforsaken situation when so many people are certain they know better than the doctors and scientists, and refuse to take even the most basic steps necessary to address it. It's fucking arrogance and ignorance.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Uh-huh, and compare those 2 days spent bedridden with the after-effects of the disease itself: loss of senses, difficulty breathing potentially for weeks, death... and potentially symptoms for years if you develop long Covid.

Frankly, I'm losing patience with the "vaccine sceptical" crowd myself. No wonder we're still in this godforsaken situation when so many people are certain they know better than the doctors and scientists, and refuse to take even the most basic steps necessary to address it. It's fucking arrogance and ignorance.
Can we agree we aren't necessarily talking about 5 min. to get a shot? Or 2 shots. Now a 3rd that may offer only a few days of resistance? Will this become a bi-annual thing? How much liberty and privacy are you willing to give up over this?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Can we agree we aren't necessarily talking about 5 min. to get a shot? Or 2 shots. Now a 3rd that may offer only a few days of resistance? Will this become a bi-annual thing? How much liberty and privacy are you willing to give up over this?
How much "liberty and privacy" is lost by a quick trip to a local hospital/ vaccination centre? Fuck all.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
We were essentially told this was the coming of a zombie apocalypse. I know one person that has died of it. One. She was 86, morbidly obese and had advanced COPD. Though a number of younger people in my circle got it, few were symptomatic, none went to the hospital.
No, you were warned about stuff like this:

Except probably much worse than this, had action not been taken to mitigate spread. You would have had people brought into hospitals after car crashes, gunshot wounds, heart attacks, epileptic seizures just dying because there was zero capacity to cope with them as all the hospitals were filled with covid cases, many of whom would also have died when they could have been saved. And then, overworked and overstressed, a load of your healthcare practitioners would likely have crumbled under the strain, and it would have got even worse because countries don't have large pools of spare healthcare workers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've heard it is better to follow the money than the science. Pro Covid hysteria pays off big bucks to the already wealthy and powerful. We see rich, powerful people like 80ish year old Nancy Pelosi walking around unmasked while telling everyone else to lock down. She knows more than us. And she is not afraid.
Why the hell do people do this? They always like to say "follow the money" but they only mean it in regards to business or the wealthy. They never seem to realize there is a lot of money involved in denial and "alternative cures." As much as people like to demonize pharmaceutical companies, they aren't these massively profitable companies, they have a lot more overhead then most and if a drug they are working on doesn't get clearance then that is a really big hit to them. But anyone can say they have a miracle cure and start selling it. It takes time for authorities to catch wind of things and try and close them down.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
How much "liberty and privacy" is lost by a quick trip to a local hospital/ vaccination centre? Fuck all.
Do you think we should rescind the concept of HIPPA?
Why the hell do people do this? They always like to say "follow the money" but they only mean it in regards to business or the wealthy. They never seem to realize there is a lot of money involved in denial and "alternative cures." As much as people like to demonize pharmaceutical companies, they aren't these massively profitable companies, they have a lot more overhead then most and if a drug they are working on doesn't get clearance then that is a really big hit to them. But anyone can say they have a miracle cure and start selling it. It takes time for authorities to catch wind of things and try and close them down.
I did note above that I think being anti-Covid response garners attention, clicks money. I just don't think it is anywhere near as much as the transfer of wealth we've seen from our Covid response, including causing the shuttering of small businesses.
No, you were warned about stuff like this:

Except probably much worse than this, had action not been taken to mitigate spread. You would have had people brought into hospitals after car crashes, gunshot wounds, heart attacks, epileptic seizures just dying because there was zero capacity to cope with them as all the hospitals were filled with covid cases, many of whom would also have died when they couldn't have been saved. And then, overworked and overstressed, a load of your healthcare practitioners would likely have crumbled under the strain, and it would have got even worse because countries don't have large pools of spare healthcare workers.
That's exactly what I want to hear about from an independent commission if it is possible. With Germany doing studies saying the masks and lock downs did nothing and more, we need a real assessment of our actions, the repercussions good and bad, and a thoughtful review of them all.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I did note above that I think being anti-Covid response garners attention, clicks money. I just don't think it is anywhere near as much as the transfer of wealth we've seen from our Covid response, including causing the shuttering of small businesses.
Life spoilers. The rich will always benefit more from anything, nothing you can do will change that except taxes.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
With Germany doing studies saying the masks and lock downs did nothing and more
The German study you're talking about definitely did not say lockdowns did nothing, it's just been misleadingly reported that way by right wing media outlets: even despite one of the study authors explicitly rebutting that interpretation.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think we should rescind the concept of HIPPA?
Do you mean HIPAA? No, I don't. Thankfully, vaccine passports etc don't breach it at all.

Here in the UK, the Government handed the contract for its Test-and-Trace Bluetooth App to a company called Serco, which is 'coincidentally' owned by someone who went to the same school as most members of the current government. They assured us that data is anonymised and held securely and not used commercially yada-yada-yada.

Now, I don't fucking trust that. Members of this very government have already accessed our data without consent and used it for commercial/ campaigning purposes during the Brexit referendum. So there's no way I'm entrusting my data to another one of their corrupt business/school mates. Not to mention how much I object to the way they've been letting businesses run by their mates profit from the pandemic by handing them gov contracts.

But to get a vaccine? Or another dose? I don't need to provide any additional information whatsoever. I merely book with my (existing) NHS number. No extra data, and only directly with the NHS.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Now, I don't fucking trust that. Members of this very government have already accessed our data without consent and used it for commercial/ campaigning purposes during the Brexit referendum. So there's no way I'm entrusting my data to another one of their corrupt business/school mates. Not to mention how much I object to the way they've been letting businesses run by their mates profit from the pandemic by handing them gov contracts.
If the Trump era in the USA and Brexit era in the UK have told us anything, it's that there is just about no way to hold high ranking officials to account.

It's kind of a sad moment to think that on that score, perennially corrupt Brazil has done better in the last decade.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

To be honest, I'm sure there is attention, "clicks" and even money to be had by being against our Covid responses.

I'd like to see an unbiased investigative committee look into our Covid responses. But, even if we have one, I'm not certain I'd believe it. There's just too much money and power to be found in the hysteria.
Sure, lets follow the money. You know who were the first people to get the COVID vaccine? The incredibly rich. If the vaccine was unsafe or unnecessary multimillionaires and billionaires wouldn't have been in the first group trying to get the vaccine.

The fact that Nancy Pelosi doesn't wear a mask is kind of irritating sure (rules for thee but not for me), and I've never liked her, she's human garbage, but you also need to remember that she is

1 - Vaccinated
2 - Surrounded by large men with guns who can enforce social distancing around her. If she doesn't want someone within breathing distance of her they won't be. The rest of us don't have the luxury of being able to enforce social distancing, hence the masks.

And yes, we already know that you won't believe anything that's not being spouted by the fair and unbiased Fox News, you don't have to remind us of that.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yeah, wealthy white western nations hoarding vaccines should be all you need to know regarding "follow the money"

High ranking executives and political bodies having teleconferences and requiring vaccinations as they do everything in their power to get the peons back into amusement parks and stadiums should tell you everything you need to know.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, wealthy white western nations hoarding vaccines should be all you need to know regarding "follow the money"

High ranking executives and political bodies having teleconferences and requiring vaccinations as they do everything in their power to get the peons back into amusement parks and stadiums should tell you everything you need to know.
Can you define hording vaccines?