New Zealand Politician Joins in Medal of Honor Outrage

Falconus

Sep 21, 2008
As a New Zealander I find myself very annoyed by this fool. He's my local mp too, Grrrr. If you're a kiwi and you voted for national, slap yourself.

So anyway, I've sent him an email:

Mr. Mapp.

as a New Zealand citizen and North Shore resident I am disappointed in you. I care very little about the game in question, though you appear to have done very little research on it which is a problem in of itself. But more importantly you have inferred in your comments that the undermining of free speech is in keeping with the values of our nation. You also said it does a disservice to our soldiers, which seems to Imply that you feel the taliban should not fight back against and invading army. I'm sure you can see how this is a very stupid sentiment. I understand that this was not what you intended to convey , But that's how it's being read. In future I would appreciate it if you would choose your words more carefully and not make us all look like fools. Either by saying such careless things or by commenting on topics in which you have little understanding.

Regards, My real name.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Gaderael said:
You know what is going through these slimy politician's minds.

"Hey! This new video game (which are evil) that is coming out is garnering a lot of attention. What's that? You can play as a member of the Taliban (which everyone knows are EVIL and are ALWAYS in the NEWS) and shoot at our TROOPS (those magic people whose mere mention after 'support our' instantly garners praise from the ignorant public)! All I have to say is that the Taliban is EVIL, video games are evil, and if you play this game you do not support our troops, and are therefore EVIL! I'll get a lot of press, I'll look like I'm tough on the enemy, and my polls will go way up! It's perfect!"
My thoughts exactly. I'm also genuinely impressed the original poster made the distinction between Einsatgruppen and the Wehrmact :)