New Zodiac Signs. Apparently people care about it.

euro2019

Jan 10, 2011
Ohhhh I'm still a Leo... GRRRRR ;)

"LEO the lion goes GER" :)

Anyone recognize that quote? :D

Lose Electrons = Oxidation
Gain Electrons = Reduction

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I went from a Cancer to a Gemini. Now I'm twice as awesome because I'm two people now.

Not that I give a toss one way or the other.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Doesn't look like a new Zodiac, more like an older one. Namely, the Persian version of the Zodiac. I think it's the one Ophiucus originally appeared anyway.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
But... the stars always change and the earth's axis is different from the beginning of astrology like that. No one changed it before.

More proof it's bullshit.

I've regarded myself as Libra and will continue to be one. Fuck being a Virgo, I wanna be a balanced Libra and I've always identified with it. I know it's bullshit, but I still like the thought. You just can't up and change something like this so fast *grumble grumble*

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Was Taurus now Aries. Why is the universe determined to make me an animal that runs into things?

Empireth

Wrenchmaiden.
Oct 24, 2009
A few things:

First off, I do not and have never believed a person can be defined by whatever "star sign" they're born under.
Has anyone ever lived up fully to their star sign? And if so, which version of it? Each place on the internet or in print all seem to have different descriptions of each star sign. And even if your astrological sign can define certain qualities of your personality, that still serves as an imbalance. For example, take Leo - one of the better known ones:

Leo the lion. You are often considered to be a fiery example of someone who lives life to the fullest. You are a sexy beast and you're charismatic as well. [etc][footnote]That description of the astrological sign Leo was fully and entirely made up by Empireth on the spot, based on facts remembered over various bombardments of her inbox.[/footnote]​

Really, there's a problem with this. Most people equate Leo = charismatic. Does this mean every person born a Leo is charismatic? No, absolutely not. I have met people who are shy and yet are still born under that sign. And the other signs, does that mean that no one born outside of Leo can be charismatic? No, indeed.

Maybe I just have an overly simplistic view on astrological signs, but it's always seemed to try to shoehorn one personality onto all people born within a certain three weeks or so. However, this is all based on what I've assumed, I've never looked into it further. I suppose I should, at some point, to fully understand what I'm scoffing at.

And about all this hullabaloo you people are causing about this new star sign.
Let's take some time to logic.

If you are already born, based on the fact that the astrology defines your personality, your personality has already been decided. As such, if [still going with the Leo example] your sign suddenly switches from Leo to Cancer, it does not affect you. You have already been born, as such your personality already decided. You are not going to suddenly lose your spontaneity that came with Leo to become the traditional Cancer. Your "inner element" will not change from fire to water. You will not suddenly go from being a sun person to a moon person. Just because they've added an extra sign, you do not suddenly get a revamp on your personality -- as enticing as that sounds to some. No, I would think that the only people affected by this change [if it holds] would be the new people born under these newly-defined definitions.

And really, the fact that they've skimped Scorpio out to being only a week doesn't seem likely. I did a quick google search to see how things have been defined. I found this blog post [http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2011/01/new_zodiac_sign_dates_dont_swi.html]. Yes, blogs aren't the best news of everything, but what interested me most about this is: although the author was acknowledging that apparently the dates for the signs have shifted, they do not list the new sign.

Interesting... Interesting indeed.

In closing, I will state again that by my logic, those already born will have already defined their personalities. So I guess I will sit back and ignore all this madness for a while. In a few months, I'll check back to see if it's stayed. If it has, bugger it. I don't pay attention to it anyway, and my "old one" was pretty badass. I'll be staying by my logic on this one.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I'm a Taurus now! :D

Now instead of being creepy twins I can be one of the most awesome Poke'mon EVAR!

In all seriousness I don't really care about Horoscopes and I don't see why anyone should.

Yes I am aware they are spelled differently, it's a joke.

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
I don't like this.. Not at all.

Horoscopes are silly. But that being said, having my sign changed still bothers me.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Whadda-buh?! I'm an Aquarius now?!

Oh no freaking way. I'm still going to call myself a Pisces and that's that!

(I don't really care actually, astrology's a load of crap)

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I was born when my birth date was still considered Gemini so I'm still Gemini. As far as I'm concerned the new signs are for people born now.

I don't believe in astrology but I have noticed some strange coincidences with personalities and people of certain signs. So perhaps there's something to it - but more to do what time of the year you were born (Summer, Winter, Spring etc) and not to do with the stars.

Cancer should go, you can hardly see it these days.

Ophiuchus is a big guy holding a snake. The constellation is huge. I wouldn't complain if you're now that. They need to add Orion.

Scorpio is still the coolest looking constellation in the sky. Leo is a close second with Taurus and Gemini close behind.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
So, they just now annouced this? I've known this since astronomy back in high school. In fact, I named a character Ophiuchus because of the 13th (an apparently unlucky) sign. But that is why astrologers never acknowleged this last one because 13 is an unlucky number.

Still, in my opinion, the whol astronomy thing is a bunch of bull. The stars influence you even less than what the person three countries over ate for dinner two nights ago. In my experience, those who read a horoscope at the beginning of the day make whatever it says happen because they believe it. And even so, they're so general most of the time that it could fit anyone at any time any day of the week. And as for personality stuff, yeah, you see what you want in it, so of course you see yourself in the traits you supposedly have based on your sign.

...but I suppose this thread isn't about that, is it? So, sorry for rambling. Bascially, wow, they're just now admiting this?

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
Aby_Z said:
Uhm, cool? Irrelevant, but fancy thing to know.

It would seem I'm both a Libra and a Scorpio... Which one do I chose?!
border signs are sexy. but libra is the best sign ever, so choose tha-

...wait. i'm a virgo now? shit! i still don't care!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Motherhumper! I went from being a Scorpio to a Virgo. Screw that Scorpio is so much cooler. Interesting to see that they put in that 13th zodiac sign.

Not that I really care or believe any of that.

Skullkid4187 said:
I'm staying with Pisces.
Ha! Love that song, now I have to listen to it again!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
NO!!! I've became an Aries. Well, screw that, I'll still be a Taurus.

Anyway yeah, I dont see why people would care. Really it only means you have to read a different paragraph and they're all as vague and dumb as the rest.