New Zodiac Signs. Apparently people care about it.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
EcksTeaSea said:
I refuse to become Cancer, I liked being a Leo.
Ditto.

I say Leo is a cool enough dude to let us stay under his wing. He would be losing his coolest fanbase if he didn't...namely me of course.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Empireth said:
Has anyone ever lived up fully to their star sign?
Really, there's a problem with this. Most people equate Leo = charismatic. Does this mean every person born a Leo is charismatic? No, absolutely not. I have met people who are shy and yet are still born under that sign. And the other signs, does that mean that no one born outside of Leo can be charismatic? No, indeed.
Of course not. Because star sign only says where the Sun was located at the time of your birth. Star sign is a basic outline only. If there's a shy Leo, he probably has Moon in Pisces in third house or something. What natal charts also look at is the positions of planets, the Moon and their mutual influences, where they are on the chart (in which house, as each house represents different things), how they combine together, what does it mean to have a certain planet in a certain sign in a certain house... It's really complicated. Also, there are no identical natal charts, not even for twins, as minutes that pass between the birth of twins are also significant when making a natal chart. The only thing obviously puzzling it natal chart for Siamese twins, as they are two people in one body, that are obviously capable of having different personalities. I have no idea how astrology settles that out. Probably by ignoring it?

Empireth said:
In closing, I will state again that by my logic, those already born will have already defined their personalities. So I guess I will sit back and ignore all this madness for a while. In a few months, I'll check back to see if it's stayed. If it has, bugger it. I don't pay attention to it anyway, and my "old one" was pretty badass. I'll be staying by my logic on this one.
I already wrote this, but this isn't anything new. There are two different systems, that are based on different interpretations. They are both applicable; we use the tropical zodiac, the eastern astrologists use sidereal zodiac. You are the same star sign in our, tropical zodiac, you are a different star in sidereal zodiac. I don't know if the interpretations of signs differ, but they probably do, so, being a Leo in tropical is not exactly the same Leo in sidereal, I suppose. I already mentioned that I'm interested in astrology as a hobby, but I'm not yet that much into to in order to interpret two different systems. The point is; we use tropical zodiac system and we are all still the same signs in our version of astrology.

Geez, as if astrology wasn't already complicated enough, now somebody has to put in wrong data.

DerpyDerpyDerp

Mar 27, 2009
It appears I am both a gentleman and a scholar.

Nah, the whole thing is crap. I wish people would stop complaining like it matters.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
That isn't news to me. I first learned about this 13th sign around 10 years ago. However, I knew it as "Serpentarius" and not the other word. One of the benefits of actually taking the time and effort of reading things in Final Fantasy Tactics.
Yeah, and the new sign is the "Serpent-Bearer", so I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. Ooh, conspiracy dumbasses are gonna love this one, what with 2012 almost here, and the Reptilian Agenda and all that good stuff.

I don't believe in astrology, but it was kinda cool being a "Triple-Aries" this whole time. Now I'm a Pisces? I went from mega-primal-fire-ram to a.. fish? I don't even like fish.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I don't want to be an Aries. I'm staying a Bullsnake. That's my mix of this zodiac mixed with my Chinese zodiac animal.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Knowing just a little bit about astrology like I do, I hereby submit that I'm the furthest thing from a Gemini that you could get. A Cancer born and Cancer will I be.

GeminiTroll

Jul 6, 2010
Screw them, I will always be a Gemini. Besides, I'd have two tattoos to remove if I went Taurus.

EDIT: Besidse, being a Gemini and a Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac, I can be both parts of Double Dragon.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Wait, so I'm a Sagittarius now? WTF? That can't be right. I used to be a Capricorn, but by their grand decree I'm now a Sagittarius? That just doesn't work. I read a description of Capricorn once and thought it actually sounded somewhat like me, I can't be a Sagittarius. ...not that I believe in that astrology stuff anyway.
BTW, why the Earth being on a tilt have any effect on it? Hasn't the Earth always been on a tilt? ...well for long enough for it to be relevant anyway? That doesn't really change how we see the sky, does it?
You and I are in the same boat. I'm now a Sagittarius also.

Still, I will always be a Capricorn. I don't believe in signs much either, but I am a serious minded person, so the Capricorn sign fits me.

acturisme

Jul 21, 2008
Who exactly has the authority to change any of this? Goddamit! Stop changing stuff I leaned in school. I'm still a Scorpio. Pluto is still a planet. Scientology is still a money-cult. I already have a hard enough time remembering the old bullshit. Stop coming up with new bullshit.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I am a virgo now supposedly, and to anyone who has their signs tattooed onto their body, great many lulz to you.