News Junkie: Elderly woman shoots bully, no charges!

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
An elderly woman in Amerca was the target of abuse from a 12 year old boy for a year or so. Upon having her windows smashed and seeing the boy flee from the scene only to return and taunt her and throw bricks again, the elderly woman pulled out a gun and shot him in the shoulder.

The boy was in hospital and has come out to charges of misdemeanor of aggrevated assault on a senior, the woman has had no charges filed against her (at least thus far)

This news is rather reassuring, shows that people are slowly being able to get back at bullys in times where it almost seems helpless especailly after a woman died at the hands of a "prank" by bullies earlier this week.

Source http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20430602,00.html

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
If you are stupid enough to turn around and return to taunt your victim you probably deserve something like this...

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
I want to think that the old lady is in the wrong. I want to believe that no matter how much somebody taunts you, you probably shouldn't shoot them in the street.

That being said - I did get a giddy, cathartic thrill when I read this story. I wonder how many times this woman reported the abuse before finally deciding to snap and do something about it herself. She shouldn't have to shoot somebody just to get justice - but a year of unrelenting abuse can make a person do crazy things.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
So verbal abuse is enough justification to shoot children?

Does freedom of speech not apply to children, who can be shot for being mouthy?

I know it's not quite as simple as that, but it does seem a bit extreme to shoot a child, even if he was being a bastard.

I hope she was a crack shot and was aiming for his shoulder, because if not she's extremely lucky. Six inches out and she could have hit him in the head or chest.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Jamash said:
No. But the bricks the kid was throwing are potentially lethal. Probably the key reason no charges are being filed against granny.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
xDarc said:
Jamash said:
No. But the bricks the kid was throwing are potentially lethal. Probably the key reason no charges are being filed against granny.
This precedent should make all future riots a lot easier to deal with. If children can be justifiably shot for throwing bricks, then the police should have no trouble opening up on adults throwing any object that is considered potentially lethal.

People should think long and hard about whether they want to be shot the next time their favourite sports team loses a game.

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
Delinquent kids and teenagers have a habit of almost feeding off the fear they can inspire in older, less secure people. I hate it and I take my hat off to this old dear.

It might be viewed at some at being extreme to shoot him but lets face it, we've all imagined other heinous ways of exacting revenge when being abused that never get off the mental drawing board. A wounding shot to the shoulder; he'll never try that again for life and that is a lesson which I hope he takes to the grave, as well as his peers. Dead bullies tell no tales and all that.

Course if it had happened here in England, I can see charged being levied at the poor woman for resorting to if...she had an air rifle instead. Home defence is a real shoddy embarrassment here I swear and I enjoy reading about some nuisance of humanity getting all he deserved.
Lets see how he likes it at a pensioners age about being tormented

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Because she's A) old and B) a woman, of course she's the real victim.

The little prick deserved to be punched, but shooting at him is a bit of an overreaction.

Sexy Street

Sep 15, 2009
Jamash said:
xDarc said:
Jamash said:
This precedent should make all future riots a lot easier to deal with. If children can be justifiably shot for throwing bricks, then the police should have no trouble opening up on adults throwing any object that is considered potentially lethal.

People should think long and hard about whether they want to be shot the next time their favourite sports team loses a game.
It is self defence as well. Destruction of home and potentially getting hurt or killed by a brick being thrown in your window justifies shooting the person attacking you and your house. That is the reason.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
further proving my theory that old women have no time to fuck around

that is, if they are not complaining about games

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Jamash said:

Does freedom of speech not apply to children, who can be shot for being mouthy?

I know it's not quite as simple as that, but it does seem a bit extreme to shoot a child, even if he was being a bastard.

I hope she was a crack shot and was aiming for his shoulder, because if not she's extremely lucky. Six inches out and she could have hit him in the head or chest.
Whilst you are right, you straight face tell me, that if a kid destroyed the windows of your house costing you a few hundred (maybe thousands) $'s of damage, almost hitting you in a repeat process, you've had a little shit ruining you life for a year, and the police had done nothing, you wouldn't do something about him. Also being old (and possibly alone) you're not really able to do anything, guns are legal, you have one, it's going to happen eventually.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Shooting a human is shooting a human. If a thief breaks into your house, slips on a toy, and breaks their leg, they can probably sue you and win.

If someone attacks you and you kill them in self defense, it's still murder

So if someone smashes your window with bricks and insults you, suddenly you can gravely injure a 12 year old boy through a bullet wound and you get off scott free? What the fuck?

Assault is assault, whether self defense or not. Shotting another human is just plain and simple shooting them. It's bull shit.

EDIT: Here's an idea granny: Call the cops before going Rambo on a child's ass

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I'm on the old girl's side here. What was she going to do, throw bricks back? Let's face it, that'd just be pitiable.
Hell, what would have happened if the kid hadn't grown out of it, and started bringing more and more friends to vandalise her property and assault her? He already had one buddy there, and the more people he invites to the little party increases the chance of a brick striking the woman somewhere lethal.
So yes, shooting was justified. What were you expecting, a stern telling off?

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
Shooting a human is shooting a human. If a thief breaks into your house, slips on a toy, and breaks their leg, they can probably sue you and win.

So if someone smashes your window with bricks and insults you, suddenly you can gravely injure a 12 year old boy through a bullet wound and you get off scott free? What the fuck?

Assault is assault, whether self defense or not. Shotting another human is just plain and simple shooting them. It's bull shit.

No, it's not murder. It's manslaughter. Big difference. And she did call the police, and she got fuck all out of it.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Thyunda said:
Celtic_Kerr said:

No, it's not murder. It's manslaughter. Big difference. And she did call the police, and she got fuck all out of it.
Sure, it says she called the police, but it says nothign after that. Were the cops on their way? Did they respond? Did they tell her to sit on it? There is no time frame which is given. Just "They came back". So she pulls out a gun and shoots them? I mean. Try calling again? The news didn't ask why the cops didn't show?

And 3rd degree murder is Manslaughter. Same thing