News Show Airs Pics of Creepy Camp-Wrecking Mutant

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
This is probably staged rather than photoshopped. I like it though, we should give a cool backstory. Personally, I think it's a shy creature that gets misjudged because of it's terrifying visage, he'd never hurt someone, and his bone-chilling screams are just his way of saying hello. Now who's the real monster!?

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
Looks like a Glowing one... if I were blind in one eye, and missing the other.

millions upon millions of fake images out there. add one.

May 5, 2010
Really, guys? I don't think it's creepy at all, and I'm a huge wimp.(Paranormal Activity kept me up for days) It's just...generic. And obviously fake.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
http://video.syfy.com/shows/fact_or_faked_paranormal_files/whats_hot_15/campfire-creature--episode-104/v1243319
dum dum dum!

It's been seen elsewhere too...

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
my first thought is AUUUHGGGGG! RUNRUNRUN! OH PISSING BLIMEY, THERE'S JAM COMING OUT OF THE WALLS!

my second thought is, wait it's just Amy Winehouse on another bender.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Daverson said:
This is probably staged rather than photoshopped. I like it though, we should give a cool backstory. Personally, I think it's a shy creature that gets misjudged because of it's terrifying visage, he'd never hurt someone, and his bone-chilling screams are just his way of saying hello. Now who's the real monster!?
That is what the creature wants you to think. Bleeding heart sentimental people are it's favorite snack. The hearts are so tender you see. In reality, this creature devours anything in it's path, body and soul. It has even been known to eat bears. It was spawned when Big Foot's alien wife had an affair with the Space Devil. It attacked the camp, hoping to find unbaptized virgins. Only MegaJesus can save us, now.

Daft Ghosty

Sep 25, 2010
Those wacky Anon's at 4chan. Successful troll was successful. Apart from that it is a very creepy image.

7moreDead said:
http://video.syfy.com/shows/fact_or_faked_paranormal_files/whats_hot_15/campfire-creature--episode-104/v1243319
dum dum dum!

It's been seen elsewhere too...
haha I missed that episode. The one kid yelling about the smoke didn't want his face filmed hah, and the camera kid seemed content filming the spot where their buddy, in some one piece leotard scampers past. A real weak effort to fake a viral video.

StoryMode

Mar 18, 2010
Come on guys, really? This is stupid. This is where he stole it from.
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/sadiepoolovee/Swamp_Monster.jpg

Unless, that's the "real" image and the news just cropped it poorly, as well as what they were showing everyone. I think it looks silly.

-edit-

Eh! I don't know anymore. People are always out to fool others. I'm skeptical.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
My first thought was "Holy christ that is scary!"

My second thought was "Burn it with Fire! Suffer Not The Mutant To Live! In Nomine Deus Imperator, Mori! Mori! MORI!"

OT: I'm pretty sure this is just a fancy photoshop gig but damn, it's pretty scary looking.

Looking For Alaska

Jan 5, 2009
So in class on Wednesday a kid showed the teacher and the other kids in my class a picture on his phone. He said his cousin (from Alabama, I think) got a picture of an alien. It was this picture.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
StoryMode said:
Come on guys, really? This is stupid. This is where he stole it from.
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/sadiepoolovee/Swamp_Monster.jpg

Unless, that's the "real" image and the news just cropped it poorly, as well as what they were showing everyone. I think it looks silly.

-edit-

Eh! I don't know anymore. People are always out to fool others. I'm skeptical.
Wow, now that's much more obviously fake!

1. The throw of the infrared light (probably LEDs)seems to indicate that the creature is actually CLOSER to the camera than the sapling on the left side of the image. However, the placement of the creature's knees indicates it's placement is further away.

2. Despite the inherent graininess, you can make out 'veins' on the creature's skin. No night vision camera would ever pick up that kind of detail as black against a white backdrop - even at very close range. Instead, the 'veins' would be brighter than the skin.

Hilarious news troll succeeds with hilarious trolling.

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
An anonymous photo with no back-story or extra pictures? There's no way this could be fake! In all seriousness, this could easily be photoshopped. If it was real, I would assume that he would include pictures of the damage to the campsite. And why would he remain anonymous?