News: The Living Anime Girl Returns!!! (Previously News: Real-life Anime Girl on Facebook)

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
As much as i like the whole anime style, no. That looks very very disturbing.

Go look up the uncanny valley graph. Humanity is on the peak all the way on the top right. Anime is on the hill right before the valley starts. This girl is dead center at the bottom of the valley.

She'll need a lot more than makeup to climb out of there onto the anime hill.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
JoJo said:
I saw this yesterday... people should be free to modify themselves if they wish but damn, those photos are definitely uncanny valley, gave me the creeps just looking at them. Why someone would want to make themeselves look like a living doll is beyond me and trying to make that permenant... definitely not a good idea.
I know right!

That's seriously creepy I'm gonna have nightmares about it now :z I mean.. wow... just wow...

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
Judgmental much, you guys?
She posted the fact that she's going to get this surgery to provoke a reaction from people. Our reaction is one of disgust and revulsion. She brought it on herself.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
I...think my eyes are shriveling to nothing, this very second.
might need a new pair. Anyone?

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
I am depressed that Valeria Lukyanova looks like a normal person in comparison.

(Also, I'm sure this is totally culturally insensitive of me, but "Shpagina" makes me giggle.)

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
No no that's totally appropriate and not creepy at all...excuse me I have to run away on an unrelated note.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
This is truly uncanny. It is extremely hard for me to believe this is an actual human. It just doesn't look right.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I don't find it scary, it is just a girl with white make-up to make it look like her eye balls are larger.

Watch the video of her doing it and it won't seem so creepy. You guys are so sensitive.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
As long as it makes her happy, then that's great. although admittedly, the link is better as that picture makes it look a lot more creepy than it is.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
Sure, I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway. Thanks. No, really.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh?

If you find this scary...welcome to the internet, but this might not be the right place for you.

TBH, I think it's sorta impressive.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Smertnik said:
I wonder if someday we'll see people getting plastic surgeries for the "anime" look.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39164/lfranken_fran_v05_c37_11.jpg
Love you for posting Franken Fran. Wanted to do that myself but I'm too lazy to look for the correct picture :)

And holy cow! RL Barbie looks absolutely normal next to RL anime girl. And Barbie looks quite weird when next to natural gils.
Well it's not like I should care. They are free to ruin their health with ridiculous weight loss as much as they want. A bit of a shame, though, since anime girl looks kinda cute in that "normal" picture Deshim provided.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Oh god my mind! This picture's breaking my beautiful mind! No, why? WHY!? Before i finally slip off the rest of the slope i must...post something relevant yet at the same time something i have always wanted to post (AVENGE ME!!)

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

....hehehehehehe...I WANT ANOTHER STAR-WARS MOVIE!

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
Oh God... eyes should NOT look like that!

This whole thing is on a Who Framed Roger Rabbit level of creepy.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011

Honestly, I wish I could just post that. This is just... so wrong... and what makes it worse is that I know somebody who would probably get all pumped and excited hearing about this and want to try it herself...

Captcha: "And that's the way it is". Well thank you for that succinct ending, Captcha.

EDIT: Note - The makeup isn't what bugs me about this at all, I've seen plenty of Youtube videos about girls doing that already. No, what's bothering me is that she already weighs only 90 pounds, and then wants to get surgery to keep her eyes that way and unnaturally mess with her waist size. It's just... it's not how humans were meant to look. D:

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Lectori Salutem said:
To boldly go where no man has gone before... deep into the uncanny valley.
Don't you mean where no girl has gone?

I think people should have control over their bodies up to a point, but somewhere along the line someone has to step in and tell you when you're making a big mistake that will negatively impact your life. I hope for her sake that anime stays popular for a long time.