Next Rockstar game?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Manhunt auto: bully's redemption?

Any news out of Rockstar would be welcome by now. Why so secretive, Rockstar? Whatever do you do to your employees? Why wont they talk?
Hmm...i was ninja'd on the cyberpunk idea. So how about a new steampunk IP? Weapon and gadget crafting and customisation. The Order royally screwed it up, show them how it's done!

Joxby

Jun 10, 2015
Xsjadoblayde said:
Manhunt auto: bully's redemption?

Any news out of Rockstar would be welcome by now. Why so secretive, Rockstar? Whatever do you do to your employees? Why wont they talk?
Hmm...i was ninja'd on the cyberpunk idea. So how about a new steampunk IP? Weapon and gadget crafting and customisation. The Order royally screwed it up, show them how it's done!
I think the silence is either in line with a new IP or just early days of the next development... People forget Midnight Club too.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Joxby said:
I think the silence is either in line with a new IP or just early days of the next development... People forget Midnight Club too.
Midnight club is pretty great actually, I wonder if they have any future plans for the series. Perhaps it is an issue of over-saturation with racing games. I'm unaware how well Midnight club LA did. I avoided it for years, doubting it. Only to regret not getting the game earlier.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
What I particularly liked about Red Dead was that it took the standard GTA gameplay and adapted it to the Cowboy world in a brilliant way. I don't really want a sequel however, that game did everything so well that it feels like there is nothing more to add. I guess Bully (which I haven't played yet, must get round to it), did the same for highschool.

So I'd like to be surprised. Have them announce a GTA-ish game with a completely different setting. For the longest time, this was going to be a piratey game, but I guess Black Flag has made this unlikely and unnecessary to some extent. Hell, perhaps they could give us their own version of Assassin's Creed, since people have been asking to a game set in ancient China/Japan for years, perhaps some kind of ninja/samurai based game might be good. Maybe high-fantasy game with Dwarves and Elves, but done GTA style with the same offensive style of humour. The 1960's mods vs rockers game sounds good to me.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
LaoJim said:
What I particularly liked about Red Dead was that it took the standard GTA gameplay and adapted it to the Cowboy world in a brilliant way. I don't really want a sequel however, that game did everything so well that it feels like there is nothing more to add. I guess Bully (which I haven't played yet, must get round to it), did the same for highschool.

So I'd like to be surprised. Have them announce a GTA-ish game with a completely different setting. For the longest time, this was going to be a piratey game, but I guess Black Flag has made this unlikely and unnecessary to some extent. Hell, perhaps they could give us their own version of Assassin's Creed, since people have been asking to a game set in ancient China/Japan for years, perhaps some kind of ninja/samurai based game might be good. Maybe high-fantasy game with Dwarves and Elves, but done GTA style with the same offensive style of humour. The 1960's mods vs rockers game sounds good to me.
Actually if you're really into the piratey-type games or pirates in general you'd notice that Black Flag whilst well done for the grand audience was actually quite shallow on the gampeplay end.

Aside from that we could do with a pirate-game that is focused on pirates and not say fantasy (looking at you Risen and Tortuga) or A different Franchise (Black Flag).

Don't know if it'd be good for consoles though so I wouldn't put my eggs in the Rockstar basket.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Politrukk said:
Actually if you're really into the piratey-type games or pirates in general you'd notice that Black Flag whilst well done for the grand audience was actually quite shallow on the gampeplay end.
Actually I've only just started to play Black Flag - I was going to get it for next gen consoles, which I don't yet have, but it was given away free for the 360 a couple of months ago. I've only played a couple of hours so far, so you may well be right that it is ultimately lacking in some way. My point was really that, since people seemed generally happy with Black Flag, there might not be a great market for AAA Pirates for a couple of years.

I'm not really into pirate games, as such (except for Monkey Island), it was more that back when RDR was released, it seemed like there weren't a lot of (/any) open world pirate games and it seemed a natural fit for GTA-style gameplay - antiheroes, guns, beautiful locations etc - and it seems like Rockstar could make the definitive pirate game, just like they'd just made the definitive cowboy game.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I think GTA China town wars sold good so a 3DS Sequel or spiritual successor would be dope. Nintendo you let your characters be in Bayoneta please let Rock star Pimp it out for one your systems to get another Rock star game. Hell Ping Pong by Rock star would be ill with some mario Characters.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Bully 2.

For God's sake Bully 2.

There were hintings at one a few years ago, and I was hopeful for some word on a sequel, but of course nothing came of it. So now I sit, sad at the idea that we may never see a sequel.

That or RDR for the PC or a new RDR game completely. I can't imagine RDR not selling well so I have no idea why another Red Dead game hasn't been announced or hinted at yet. All we're getting from Rockstar is GTA5 stuff, which isn't bad as GTA5 is great, but damnit I want more than GTA.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
STILL waiting on a 3D GTA set in London '69, but I'd settle for a Bully sequel, or a GTA set entirely in San Fierro or Sydney (because why not) in the 70s.

Mar 30, 2010
LeathermanKick25 said:
Grouchy Imp said:
fenrizz said:
All I ask for some DLC for GTA V.
It's been 1 and a half year, and still nothing.
I understand you're talking about GTA V and not GTA:O but just as an FYI all of the GTA:O update packs add their content to the singleplayer game too.
Except everything from the Heists update, which is still broken and poorly made as fuck.
I'm pretty sure that the vehicles and weapons from the Heist update (that aren't Heist rewards) are available in singleplayer. Also I've played each heist multiple times, which aspects do you think are broken and poorly made?

Mar 30, 2010
LeathermanKick25 said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I'm pretty sure that the vehicles and weapons from the Heist update (that aren't Heist rewards) are available in singleplayer. Also I've played each heist multiple times, which aspects do you think are broken and poorly made?
Nope. Not a single weapon or vehicle from the heists update made it into singleplayer.
Fair enough. I could've sworn different but I'll take your word for it, I don't really play the singleplayer any more.
Gamebreaking glitches for one. The wanted level one being the most bullshit. Where if you have more than 1 person in a vehicle with a wanted level. Regardless of not being seen by cops (from times of upto 20 minutes or more) the wanted level not going down until people exit the vehicle. Which for heists like the Prison Heist finale means instant fail, since no one can jump out of the plane until the wanted level goes down.
I can hand on heart say that I have never run into this glitch, even with over 22 days game-time logged. Loading up crewmates into a couple of vehicles, causing chaos and then outrunning the law is a favourite past-time for most of my crew.
Limited lives ruining playing with randoms. "But play with 3 others friends!" everyone says. With differing work schedules and other hobbies, it's not always possible.

NPC's having basically aimbot aim. Pistol shots that have sniper levels of range. Hitting regardless of range or mobility which was bullshit on levels where you had to steal Bikes, you've got no cover and NPC's that can hit you dead on even when moving? Bullshit.
I would say that both of these things serve to increase the difficulty. Don't forget that while heists open up at level 12 Rockstar have had to cater for players who may be level two, three or even four hundred (highest I've seen was someone who was level six hundred and seventy something). Once you hit level ~140 your character is sufficiently advanced to knock out missions designed for 6 players solo, so the comparative ease of the game for higher level characters had to be addressed somehow.
Not to mention it didn't fix the economy at all. Leader has to pay for a set up, doesn't get any money until the finale and most people don't read up because the only way to actually make a profit as a leader is to give everyone a tiny cut compared to yours. Which even then doesn't matter since everything you unlock from the heists costs a ridiculous amount as it is.
I'm actually in full agreement with you here. Myself and a few friends spent pretty much an entire evening trying to crack the Humane Labs heist only to be rewarded with ~150k each for our efforts. To put that into perspective we spent the same time the next day doing bog standard missions and claimed nearly three times that, so yeah, heist rewards are not representative of the time and effort it takes to complete them.
Rockstar has failed time and time again with GTAO. They had a good idea in the beginning, just poor execution on every single front of it.
They've failed to meet expectations, I'm not sure that means they've failed.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Hmm, i'm still having so much fun with gtao and it's far away from being broken. I've never experienced this glitch. One time it took way longer since the guy on the passenger seat kept shooting (happens when playing with randoms) which prevented the wanted level from going down. Which system are you playing on?
Are you playing in a crew? If not change this. There are many organised crews with own forums around the web. That should solve the timezone-, hobby-, work issue. Find the right one for you and your friendslist will explode. A crew with vocal active members tripples the fun.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I mean...honestly, it seems that Rockstar has really only focused on GTA. And that series alone takes up so much damn time that it leaves all the other IP's to the wayside. Which is a shame because I saw some footage of bully and Rockstar has a pretty interested schoolyard/mature kind of humor that doesn't really translate well in a game like GTA.

So I would personally say Bully. Preferably in the art style that they use to market the GTA games. But the chances of that happening are...eh.

EDIT: Ignore the whole IP's to the wayside bit. Didn't know those games were also developed by Rockstar :p

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
In the minority here, but I thought red dead was pretty shit. I would love a manhunt 3, or a warriors sequel- I don't really know where you could go with bully rather than making the same game.