Next TF2 Update is More Than a Fancy Hat Party

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
Eh, not gonna come out before I go to University (again), most likely.

So it affecteth me not. Unfortunately.

Bye-bye, gaming, hello 'networking'. Networking my weight in alcoholic beverages, that is. Much more boring, but goddammit I don't have my own computer. :'(

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Wow, 20 weapons? And I wish there was a way I'd find hats. I've found 1 total, and created one (besides the alien swarm parasite), and then you talk to people that have more than 1 hat for every class.

Can't wait to see what the new game mode is.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ohhh! Finally a bulky update! Cant wait to hear more on the new game mode =D

Apr 28, 2008
A Month? So it should be out around March.

Anyway, score. This new mode sounds great.

And people wonder why people love TF2 and Valve so much. Its because when most developers say "supporting with DLC long after launch", they just put out one or two DLC stuff which is just two or three maps and charge $10 or so for it, put out a couple updates, and call it a day. Valve actually supports their games long, long after launch. By releasing shitloads of updates and free content.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Here's for the turn based strategy mode, where you can run for say 20 feet, aim, and fire, then you're paused, and the other team get to.

:D

Seriously, how epic are Valve with their continued support of this game? Who else has thrown this amount of content into a game about 2 years after its release. They deserve every extra sale this gets.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Irridium said:

And people wonder why people love TF2 and Valve so much. Its because when most developers say "supporting with DLC long after launch", they just put out one or two DLC stuff which is just two or three maps and charge $10 or so for it, put out a couple updates, and call it a day. Valve actually supports their games long, long after launch. By releasing shitloads of updates and free content.
This. Are you an Esper? You read my mind didnt you? Get out of my head!
And is there no way to shorten Valve time?

Apr 28, 2008
Evilsanta said:
Irridium said:

The only way to negate Valve Time is to be a full Left 4 Dead game.

And besides, Valve Time exists for a reason, its why Team Fortress 2 is so freaking amazing!

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Citrus Insanity said:
I'm kind of indifferent to this update, but if Meet the Medic or Meet the Pyro were to come out alongside it, my opinion would no doubt change.
About my feelings, too. Every class has their update but only 7 classes have their movies; it doesn't seem fair that my favorite classes haven't had their chance to humorously shine in a "Meet" video.
I'm actually hoping this will be the last update for TF2, apart from a new map now and then.
I'd really rather see them work on other games like the Left 4 Dead titles (or maybe, I dunno... HL3?).

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
DaxStrife said:
I'm actually hoping this will be the last update for TF2, apart from a new map now and then.
Heresy! Begone from here!
Besides, Valve have separate teams working on Team fortress than Half life or Left 4 dead. There's only about 10 people still working on tf2, and they only work on the other games come crunch time.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Player 2 said:
Lordmarkus said:
So, no Xbox 360 update on the horizon then?

*Moving forward to news I care about* New gamemode? Awesome! and itemtrading? Which the fans have demanded for more than a year? Valve, you are too kind![footnote]Anyone wants a hatless Sniper for a Soldier drill saergent hat?[/footnote]
I've got the Soldier drill sergeant hat, got anything better to offer?
Got the Pickelhaube and Tough Guys Toque too, any of interest?

Player 2

Feb 20, 2009
Lordmarkus said:
Player 2 said:
Lordmarkus said:
So, no Xbox 360 update on the horizon then?

*Moving forward to news I care about* New gamemode? Awesome! and itemtrading? Which the fans have demanded for more than a year? Valve, you are too kind![footnote]Anyone wants a hatless Sniper for a Soldier drill saergent hat?[/footnote]
I've got the Soldier drill sergeant hat, got anything better to offer?
Got the Pickelhaube and Tough Guys Toque too, any of interest?
Sure, swap you it for the Pickelhaube.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Irridium said:
Evilsanta said:
Irridium said:

The only way to negate Valve Time is to be a full Left 4 Dead game.

And besides, Valve Time exists for a reason, its why Team Fortress 2 is so freaking amazing!
I...uhh...Damn it! Cant argue with that. They do sure deliver, it takes some times but when it done it is done good. And those hats are taunting me in my dreams...Need more hats...

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
AkJay said:
Valve: "...Roughly a month."

What they said: "Sometime around mid-September."

What they mean: "Sometime around Q3 of 2012."
Yay! Valve time! When are we actually expecting Portal 2 to come out? [sub]Let's not even mention episode 3[/sub]

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Evilsanta said:
Esper...science fiction reference, one I've heard of, book? film? Can't think...that's going to really annoy me now.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Wow, make it come out in a month when I go back to school and have to work my ass off everyday to make sure I do well enough to get accepted into the course of my choosing for University.

Damn you starting grade 12!