Next Transformers Film Won't Be A Reboot

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
EverythingIncredible said:
It's good to show contempt for your audience.

*sigh*

The only advice I can offer is to pick an audience and stick with it. Stop trying to appeal as both a comedy movie and an action one. Because then your movie is good at neither. Just ask the people behind The Phantom Menace.
Yeah. That sealed the deal. I have 0 interest in this stuff now, I used to have a small % of interest :/.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
The movie can survive the loss of Shia. He was rendered kind meaningless in the last two anyway.

If Bay is not coming back, it may as well be a reboot. It is not going to have the same feel that it had with Bay at the helm.

I think that it will be a good thing.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
gamezombieghgh said:
That's very easily falling right into the pitfall of popular=good.

Jersey Shore has millions of viewers for every episode. Does that make that show good? Your logic says yes.
Yeah there are quite a few popular Genocides in human history.

Just because something is popular, certainly doesn't mean it is good, or at the very least a good idea.

Admittedly a bad movie and genocide are on WAY different spectrums, but just kinda making the point at the farthest end of it.

The problem with "popular" things is that the more popular you want something to be the more concessions you must make.

You could make a movie that basically the entire world will like, it will lake pretty much anything worth talking about in a couple weeks from release. Because it will do nothing well, or interesting, it'll just tap into the most base parts of our interests.

That's why people heckle Transformers, it was very generic and you could have replaced the transformers with anything random and the movies would be exactly the same. They didn't really need to be in it. You could have just made ambiguous robots. Which it felt like he did, however kept the old names.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
I don't quite have the same hate for Crystal Skull, mostly because I was familiar with the backstory of the "Ancient Incan Astronauts". I sort of get what they were also trying to do with the movie, Indy's age of "Two-fisted Pulp Adventure" was giving way to the "Post-Roswell, Cold War, Grease"-era. The CGI of certain scenes was over the top, and let's face it people are getting good mileage out of the whole "Nuke the fridge"-reference, even though it was very stupid.

Hell, I was even okay with the Green Lantern movie, but Bay's handling of the TF franchise annoys the hell out of me and I'm glad he's gone. I hope it he takes the "writer" of TF2 & TF3 with him.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Loonerinoes said:
I would probably die laughing if it was revealed that, replacing Michael Bay as director, was Uwe Boll. I can only imagine the fandom's reaction.
That would be hilarious. But I would rather have a decent director step up for the new Transformers movies. Michael bay raped the franchise and made it a joke. Just because the concept is based on toys doesnt mean you cant take it seriously.

That was the problem with Michael Bay he couldnt even take his own franchise seriously.

meow

Jul 8, 2011
Why do they transform into cars, in that why do they transform into stuff from earth their from SPACE they should use their own tech not steal ours and bumblebee is made of car parts pretty much what gives?

oh also why isn't shila buffs character dead is it me or is he annoying :l

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
Michael Bay may actually return for the movie. He wants to do other projects (a dark comedy and Bad Boys 3) first, but because of recent quotes from him, it's not a guarantee that he's completely gone yet.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
For a second I thought the front page's link to this story was "No Robot for Transformers" which seems poetically apropos.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
vansau said:
"What happens next? Certainly not a reboot. We haven't lost the Transformers. They didn't grow up or become expensive like Toby Maguire. I don't know what happens next. I'm pretty sure there will be a second trilogy. I am pretty sure it will kick ass. And I am pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all bots."
What I read was: "We're going to keep making transformers movies that only have the transformers as side characters. By the time we get to the sixth movie it won't even have the transformers in it at all. And all of you will pay money to see the movie and love it because it says transformers and you pathetic lot cannot hate anything that says Transformers. TROLOLOLOL. Corporate scumbaggery FTW!"

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
You know if you go to the IMDB page for the third Transformers movie, you have to expand the Cast and Credits tab and scroll past "Russian Lady, Russian Bouncer, Pimply Corporate Kid, Simmons Tileman, Mailroom Worker, Berated Scientist, Dylan's Assistant & Executive, Engineer's Wife, Nest Guard, SEALx4, DC Mall Reporter, GPS Tracking Coordinator, Bones the Mastiff" and a lot more that I left out just to see the credits for the voices of the Transformers themselves.

Look, I get that you guys wanted humans in a Transformers movie to make it a bit more marketable and friendly to the mass public...but seriously? When you need to scroll past a dog, owned by Michael Bay, in the credits page just to see who voiced the titular characters, something is wrong in your franchise.

Anyway, I can't even remember what happened in the first two and I don't plan on seeing the third one (or at least not paying any money to see it; if it starts playing on TNT or something and there is nothing else playing I'll probably have it on as background noise), which means I doubt I'll have any interest in further Transformers movies unless they take a radically different route to making the movies.

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
its a wonderful idea. let the movies fucking die. no more please for the love god let them die. the movies are a sliding scale of painful death. the last movie was so bad it made me contemplate walking out and i have never done that before

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Schmittler said:
Wha? What?

Where do they even go from there? They could do a prequel, but that would contradict the whole "It won't be all bots" thing. The ending seemed pretty final, does anyone else feel the same way?
Unicron, or even Beast wars.

Either option would be good. Both would involve minmial humans (seeing as how unicron is a planet sized villan), and Beast wars would have ZERO people.

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
fi6eka said:
Omechron said:
The running joke has been a Gundam movie.

Such Heresy must not come to pass.The trauma this could potentially cause me may ruin Anime for ever.

And lets hope he doesn't hear about Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Run Chirico, ruuuuuuuuuuunnnn!
i don't know if you're being serious or facetious but honestly, calm. down.

bandai/sunrise owns Gundam hook, line, and sinker. and as such they decide 100% how a Gundam project plays out (or if one even gets green lit). with that and the response to G-saviour when it came out in mind. its safe to say that a Gundam live action film won't be happening now or in the forseeable future, much less one directed by michael bay

even less chance of the same thing happening with votoms given its obscurity

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
enderrwigginn said:
OrokuSaki said:
Seriously, any person that truly believes that regardless of SCIENTIFIC FACT we aren't the product of the development of a lesser species just needs to die.
hmmmm im pretty sure its still called the theory of evolution which would mean that it is not considered fact yet
I'm fairly certain it is. Last time I was in biology (Admittedly I was half asleep and this was like 5 years ago) there was an entire chapter tracing humans back to monkeys with pictures of what each incarnation looked like based on fossils.

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
That last line just means they STILL don't understand the hate these movies gets.
"Oh wah wah, there arent't enough robots in the film, get over it you little bitches" is the tone I got from that.
Dude...it's CALLED "Transformers". Why the hell are we content to watch the title characters relegated to tirtiary roles IN THEIR OWN GODDAMN MOVIE!?

gundamrx101

Nov 19, 2010
Manji187 said:
How about an "Origins" reboot: How did Cybertron and the Transformers come into being and how did the Autobot/ Decepticon divide emerge? What happened before the days of Optimus Prime/ Megatron?

Obviously, this would be a CGI heavy movie....with no people in it....unless, of course, human life does not only exist on Earth and we "uncivilised Earthfolk" have space faring brethren.
They have that, it's called Transformers Exodus and it's Hasbro's official backstory to Transformers and a damn amazing book too. All they need to do is adapt it into a movie and everyone wins.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
And I am pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all bots.
Riiight. Go on telling yourself that's what people hated about it. Whatever lets you sleep at night.