Nintendo Announces 3DS XL

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Fair enough. On all points, really. I mean, I don't get much use out of my DSi right now, anyway. There are games I'll probably enjoy. It's funny, I tend to love Nintendo Handhelds and hate their consoles.

I had a PSP, and only really got use out of it playing Parappa and FFVII. As such, I've personally been hesitant to shell out for a Vita. With the 3DS, I can at least trade Pokémon between it and my old DS, have somethng to multiplayer with on some games when my GF is around, and catch some of the new titles. The one thing I don't much care fore is the 3D effect itself. I'd certainly like a second analogue stick, for the record, but I don't think many games will use it as it's optional and limits the base. Nintendo was really dumb on that one.

I suspect the PSV will update in different ways, since you're right, it doesn't need any additional buttons/nubs/screen size. I do suspect we'll play this game with them as well, though. There's just more imperative with the 3DS because Nintendo took a huge hit in terms of finance and confidence. Sony did abotu as well as people projected.
TBH I didn't get along too well with the PSP. It didn't feel right, partly because of being disc based and somehow I had a hard time getting my hands around it. Also, being a smaller screen, having the controls on the side meant I had to look lower than the DS/ GBA SP,which was hard to get used to, and there weren't too many games I was interested in.

By that logic, I shouldn't like the Vita as much as I do, which I why I bought the 3DS first. As, whilst there aren't many games now I'm interested in, I saw it as a long term investment for multiplayer at the pub, etc. However, considering I've since bought the Vita, and I've had so much more enjoyment out of it already, I wish I'd bought a Vita first, and then bought a 3DS much later from now when it's 2nd hand price has dropped significantly.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
They also are put to the same expectations as long-running favourites. New titles which sell damn well often still get shut down because the numbers look bad, but only compared to Modern warfare, Mario, or whatever.
Quite true. At least on the consoles and core PC markets.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
rolfwesselius said:
Including the second analog would force people to buy it for the original.
Didn't stop them doing that before with the GBA and DS. Why break out of old habits now?

And weren't Nintendo stating the 3DS wasn't selling as well as expected? Maybe it's because people are holding out for better models, or waiting for a 2nd analog.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Roboto said:
Tanis said:
No 2nd Analog stick...when there's SO MUCH DAMN ROOM.

If this was Sony, the handheld would be DOA, but because it's Nintendo they're getting a free pass?

BAH!
If it were Sony, it would have 4 analog sticks with a click button for all cardinal directions of each. Do the math since I can't really. It's 20 potential button clicks :)
Your post confuses me.

Not sure if insulting Sony or just making random post while high.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Wait, the EU and JP versions don't come with power adaptors, yet they're gonna cost more?

...fuck you Nintendo, you've tumbled into full retardation

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I'm happy with my normal size 3DS. I never like the XLs and the, to me, massive screen. My poor eyes!

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
What about those people, like myself, who already have a 3DS.

Specifically, I was given 20 games because I chose to be an early adopter of the 3DS. Can I transfer those free games across, or are they permanantly linked to the console?

Seriously, I have no idea. I upgraded straight from a DS Lite to a 3DS.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
I will admit, I was a 3DS early adopter, and I fully expected that to bite me in the ass as soon as their first redesign came off the block and left me with an inferior brick.

With that in mind, I have to say I'm immensely relieved that this redesign does not improve upon the platform in any way!