Nintendo E3 Discussion Thread

ParkerBaby

Apr 8, 2009
Nintendo pretty much wins E3, Sony has no chance and I fell asleep through Microsoft's.

Also, omgkirby *squee*

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Mazty said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
the only way sony is going to beat that is if they release HL3 only on PS3 while burning LFD2 in the background.
[sub] [sub] while a hot chick dances in the background
[sub] naked [/sub] [/sub] [/sub]
Or show a new game, y'know, not a rehash of something from the past.
Hey the past is where it's at!! 100 years from now people will still play those games,not games released last year.

Titanguy654

Jul 14, 2009
Mazty said:
Worst presentation yet. So no new titles, a rip off of mario party, a zelda with dodgy controls. Metroid which looks hollow, Kid Icarus, a dead franchise from the 80's, another generic side scrolling platformer (DK) etc. Golden Sun probably will be good, and kirby looked interesting but Mickey looked boring and Perfect Dark on XBL has taught us that remaking old games is pointless as they offer nothing close to the level of gameplay we expect from modern games.
Christ how is Nintendo not broke?
Worst yet? Have you seen Microsoft's or, god forbid, Ubisoft? This was definitely the best out of the four shown so far.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Plinglebob said:
hazabaza1 said:
Well, it's over. Finally. That was awful, and Nintendo are near dead to me now. Yay.
Did you tune into a repeat of the Ubisoft conference by mistake?
hazabaza1 said:
Well, it's over. Finally. That was awful, and Nintendo are near dead to me now. Yay.
on your own mate seems like everyone else loved what did you think was bad?
Titanguy654 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Were you watching the same Press Confrence that I was. 0_o Yeah, you're on your own.
Cowabungaa said:
hazabaza1 said:
What did they do wrong now?! A fuckton of real, proper games, even Microsoft focussed harder on party and community crap. They even announced a new Kid Icarus game and hinted at something Star Fox related. What else could you possibly wish for?!
5:11 This Zelda looks really unresponsive. Damn, I thought it'd be good.
5:12 Enemies just turtle. Fun.
5:14 Unresponsive bomb controls look awkward.
5:16 If they fix up those response issues, archery could be epic.
5:17 OHGODYES Link gets a whip!
5:19 We, that's Zelda over for now. Let's hope it's better in the actual game part.

5:22 Editing this, looks like a whole punch of crappy sports games with Mario in it. Really, Nintendo? Really?
5:24 Reggie's just wanking off the Wii. *Sigh*
5:26 Wii Party. Nintendo are officially dead for me. It's just Mario Party with Miis. Nintendo, here's some advice: PUT SOME FRIGGING EFFORT INTO GAMES. Edit: Funny stuff, one person clapped for it.
5:27 Just Dance 2. No. Just no.
5:29 Golden sun 3! Maybe Nintendo aren't too awful![sub]Who am I kidding?[/sub]
5:31 Looks like just pure Golden Sun fun! No gimmicks so far! Yes, GOD YES.
5:31(2) Goldeneye remake. Eh, not too bothered aout this, didn't play the original. Looks decent.
5:35 Epic Mickey. A bunch of old Disney characters trying to kill Mickey. Looks like a standard platformer+brawler with a gimmick.
5:38 Huh. Mickey Mouse with EPIC CHOICES THAT DEPEND ON THE PLAYER. Yeah, not believing it so far.
5:39 Having to go through a platform level for each transition? Jeez, no thank you.
5:43 What. Kirby's Epic Yarn? What is this cutsey crap? Where's my absorbing? Where's my rock? Where's Dedede? Where's the actual easy to see filled in colour? GWAH
5:46 Wait, were they announcing something? Sorry, I expected a little more hype. Uhh, Dragon Quest. Yeah.
5:47 Oh hey, Metroid Other M. Looks... fun. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS SHOW? Something fun looking suddenly appearing?! I'm so confused!
5:49 Donkey Kong is now a... odd looking Platformer. I'm confused as to whether or not to like this.
5:52 3DS. Looks expensive.
5:54 That trailer was useless! Show us something! Anything!
5:55 No, we cannot see the inches on each 3DS screen. Please, give us the sizes, we really want to know.
5:57 So only one screen gets 3D. That'll be harsh on the eyes. But, apparently they've improved the DS graphics. We'll see, Nintendo. we'll see.
6:00 Movies? On a DS screen? That is not useful, Nintendo. This is why people need glasses.
6:01 Hey, Pit! Wait, what was up with that voice? Oh, it's a rail shooter with 5 minute stages, because after that, Pit's "power" wears off. Still not looking very good Nintendo.
6:05 3DS 3DS 3DS. We get it, the 3DS is great, cool, show us something new.
6:08 Nintendogs+cats *HEADDESK**HEADDESK**HEADDESK*
6:09 A bunch of 3DS developers. Didn't catch all of 'em, my head was bleeding a bit too much from previous headdesking.
6:16 My internet bugged up and I lost connection. Is it bad if I was happy about that
6:17 Bunch of women giving out 3DS'. At least they know how to appeal to gamers, even if it is in the wrong way.
6:18 It's over. Finally. Christ that was boring, let's hope the other are better. Still, that won't be hard.

If you can't be bothered to read, I'll sum it up: Lack of any new IPs.
Mario sports and Mii party.
Gimmicky new console.
Unresponsive/bad looking games.

There were some good things, yes, like Other M or Golden Sun 3, but everything else just didn't impress me whatsoever.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
Mazty said:
Worst presentation yet. So no new titles, a rip off of mario party, a zelda with dodgy controls. Metroid which looks hollow, Kid Icarus, a dead franchise from the 80's, another generic side scrolling platformer (DK) etc. Golden Sun probably will be good, and kirby looked interesting but Mickey looked boring and Perfect Dark on XBL has taught us that remaking old games is pointless as they offer nothing close to the level of gameplay we expect from modern games.
How was Microsoft's, EA's, or Ubisoft's presentation better again?

Jun 26, 2009
Mazty said:
the only way sony is going to beat that is if they release HL3 only on PS3 while burning LFD2 in the background.
oh oh oh KH3 KH3 i cry for KH3 please KH3 or a FFX prequal you know what i mean...

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Mazty said:
What the hell was Ubisoft then?

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Mazty said:
oh oh oh KH3 KH3 i cry for KH3 please KH3 or a FFX prequal you know what i mean...
Both Kingdom hearts and FF were hinted at in the developers bit at the end

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
PurpleSky said:
shaboinkin said:
That was sooooo cheesy lmfao
If you thought that was cheesy you clearly haven't seen yesterday's Microsoft :D
At least that stupid video of Miyamoto getting eaten by the 3ds made me laugh

Microsoft's cheesyness made me cry on the inside

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
More Fun To Compute said:
esperandote said:
Is that off screen 3D (glasses 3D minus the glasses) or is it in screen 3D (head tracking). It seems unveliabable but if it true then Nintendo has done the impossible
It's a special screen.
That works how?

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Wow they pulled Zelda quickly, and it looks great.

Finally a Wii Kirby, Traditional Donkey Kong game, news on Golden Sun, and a Kid Icarus Sequel.

And let's not forget the 3DS. I'm so jealous of anyone at the Nokia theater trying out the 3DS and Zelda skyward sword.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Mazty said:
Your fanboy is showing.

Best E3 conference ever?! Pretty fucking close. I'm not too concerned for the controls in Skyward Sword: I've played games with M+, I know it works. Then we have a new Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Golden Sun, and Kid Icarus. Then we saw Epic Mickey and the 3DS. This is, bar none, the best presentation Nintendo has done in 3 years, and the best one of this year.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
esperandote said:
More Fun To Compute said:
esperandote said:
Is that off screen 3D (glasses 3D minus the glasses) or is it in screen 3D (head tracking). It seems unveliabable but if it true then Nintendo has done the impossible
It's a special screen.
That works how?
The only way I can possibly imagine is by forcing your eyes to go out of focus, if thats the case its both dangerous and stupid.