Nintendo E3 Discussion Thread

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
esperandote said:
More Fun To Compute said:
esperandote said:
Is that off screen 3D (glasses 3D minus the glasses) or is it in screen 3D (head tracking). It seems unveliabable but if it true then Nintendo has done the impossible
It's a special screen.
That works how?
The only way I can possibly imagine is by forcing your eyes to go out of focus, if thats the case its both dangerous and stupid.
I thought of that too

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
shaboinkin said:
hazabaza1 said:
Lack of any new IPs.
And what company showed off any new IPs?

99% of e3 so far are sequels/franchises
Haven't seen the others, forgot about E3.
Still we do really need some sort of new IP on the show.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
esperandote said:
Nmil-ek said:
esperandote said:
esperandote said:
Is that off screen 3D (glasses 3D minus the glasses) or is it in screen 3D (head tracking). It seems unveliabable but if it true then Nintendo has done the impossible
It's a special screen.
That works how?
The only way I can possibly imagine is by forcing your eyes to go out of focus, if thats the case its both dangerous and stupid.
I thought of that too
they are describing some of the effects now on http://e3.nintendo.com/

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Personally, I think Nintendo kicked ass this year. I'm actually going to use my Wii now, instead of having it sit there. They did a much better job this year than last year and Wii Music *shudder*

Sadly, I missed the Legend of Zelda part since it was their first thing, and I wasn't home in time to watch it.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Nmil-ek said:
esperandote said:
esperandote said:
It's a special screen.
That works how?
I somehow doubt that's how it works.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
DrDeath3191 said:
Mazty said:
Worst presentation yet. So no new titles, a rip off of mario party, a zelda with dodgy controls. Metroid which looks hollow, Kid Icarus, a dead franchise from the 80's, another generic side scrolling platformer (DK) etc. Golden Sun probably will be good, and kirby looked interesting but Mickey looked boring and Perfect Dark on XBL has taught us that remaking old games is pointless as they offer nothing close to the level of gameplay we expect from modern games.
Christ how is Nintendo not broke?
Your fanboy is showing.

Best E3 conference ever?! Pretty fucking close. I'm not too concerned for the controls in Skyward Sword: I've played games with M+, I know it works. Then we have a new Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Golden Sun, and Kid Icarus. Then we saw Epic Mickey and the 3DS. This is, bar none, the best presentation Nintendo has done in 3 years, and the best one of this year.
@Mazty: Wow. I mean. Wow. Although you are, as everyone else, entitled to your own opinion, that post just SCREAMS fanboy and ignorance. I mean, really? Kinect looked shit, imho. Sure, there's a couple of nice features. But gameplay-wise, there's still a whole-lot of delay. And the sequels? I'm not impressed, though it's a fair line-up.

@DrDeath3191: Damn straight it's their best presentation in recent years, and I don't think Sony has a chance in hell of beating them. But I've been wrong before.

Anywho, the line-up is amazing. The 3DS, if it works as they claim, is innovative and downright brilliant. I'm absolutely sold. I have to admit, lately my gamer's sensation has gone down because I've felt that the market has been too bland. Nintendo has gotten me stoked again, something they've not managed to do for years. My wallet already screams for mercy.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
burntheartist said:
chromewarriorXIII said:
Personally, I think Nintendo kicked ass this year. I'm actually going to use my Wii now, instead of having it sit there. They did a much better job this year than last year and Wii Music *shudder*
Agreed. I felt like I finally might have to bite down and get a WiiMotion Plus. But I'll wait hoping for a bundle with LoZ.
Same. I haven't touched the Wii and now I feel like I'm going to drop another $100 into it for LoZ and Goldeneye.

I watched the trailer and I have to say, I really like the new animation style. I loved the cell shaded look of Wind Waker though, which a lot of people didn't.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Boneasse said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Mazty said:
Worst presentation yet. So no new titles, a rip off of mario party, a zelda with dodgy controls. Metroid which looks hollow, Kid Icarus, a dead franchise from the 80's, another generic side scrolling platformer (DK) etc. Golden Sun probably will be good, and kirby looked interesting but Mickey looked boring and Perfect Dark on XBL has taught us that remaking old games is pointless as they offer nothing close to the level of gameplay we expect from modern games.
Your fanboy is showing.

Best E3 conference ever?! Pretty fucking close. I'm not too concerned for the controls in Skyward Sword: I've played games with M+, I know it works. Then we have a new Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Golden Sun, and Kid Icarus. Then we saw Epic Mickey and the 3DS. This is, bar none, the best presentation Nintendo has done in 3 years, and the best one of this year.
@Mazty: Wow. I mean. Wow. Although you are, as everyone else, entitled to your own opinion, that post just SCREAMS fanboy and ignorance. I mean, really?

@DrDeath3191: Damn straight it's their best presentation in recent years, and I don't think Sony has a chance in hell of beating them. But I've been wrong before.

Anywho, the line-up is amazing. The 3DS, if it works as they claim, is innovative and downright brilliant. I'm absolutely sold. I have to admit, lately my gamer's sensation has gone down because I've felt that the market has been too bland. Nintendo has gotten me stoked again, something they've not managed to do for years. My wallet already screams for mercy.
Dude, that 3DS lineup is the shit: Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil... good Lord, this is going to be awesome!

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Mazty said:
gmer412 said:
Mazty said:
How was Microsoft's, EA's, or Ubisoft's presentation better again?
Kinetic at least looked somewhat entertaining, but mainly the ESPN features, Gears 3, Halo: Reach and Fable 3 looked worth a play.
EA was the best so far. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Madden, NFS, Medal of Honour and Star Wars.

Haven't seen Ubisoft's but considering the flak it's getting, can't imagine it was any good.
There have been good elements in all of them so far, even if it was just a few titles or the promise of hardware. To most people though, Nintendo appears to have done the best, bringing back loved franchises and basically improving on their performance of the last few years,

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
AC10 said:
FUCK I MISSED IT
*comforts* Dont worry, you can join us for the Sony discussion and come back and watch Nintendos. Trust me, its worth it.

Discussion thread for Sonys here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.202241-Sony-E3-Discussion#6718398]

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Mazty said:
gmer412 said:
Mazty said:
How was Microsoft's, EA's, or Ubisoft's presentation better again?
Kinetic at least looked somewhat entertaining, but mainly the ESPN features, Gears 3, Halo: Reach and Fable 3 looked worth a play.
EA was the best so far. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Madden, NFS, Medal of Honour and Star Wars.

Haven't seen Ubisoft's but considering the flak it's getting, can't imagine it was any good.
Cant agree, Microsoft was abysmal FPS followed by FPS and TPS and as usual nothing additional for the European market, glad the yanks get yet even more features though. And you cannot hounestly tell me the over half an hour spent on kinnetic and watching a little girl pet virtual animals was fun. Or the forced conversation segments fuck me that was bad.

EA was bland nothing special nothing too bad, Crysis 2 looks gorgeous but I suspect that was the x-box version can imagine what it will look like on a fully optimised rig. Dead space 2 more jumpscares/looks more and more like Resident Evil 4 as times goes on, sports yawn, FPS yawn, Kotor wooo oh it's jsut a trailer no new info *shrug*

And watch Ubisoft and tell me Nintendo was the worst just do it enjoy the game based off breathing, jet set knockoff (that they spend a good 15 mins on), lazer tag, forced jokes and michael jackson dance routine -_-

Junkle

in the trunkle.
Oct 26, 2009
Zelda: Skyward Sword. Epic Mickey (sort of). Kirby's Epic Yarn. Dragon Quest? Metroid: Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns. Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Resident Evil. Oh, and Goldeneye.

Alright. Fine. Nintendo is on the path to recovery. There were some games that I'm not as excited about as well, (Mario Sports Mix) and the 3DS looks interesting but not like something I'll be buying.

So, let's start at the beginning.

Zelda: Skyward Sword looks like a fusion between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. It would have looked better if there wasn't interference during the show that made Miyamoto look like he stanks, but it still looked pretty fun. The whip will be entertaining.

Epic Mickey: I'm reserving judgement on this one. It'll definitely be interesting. The construction/deconstruction might be a little hard to do with the Wii's hardware. As I said, we shall see.

Kirby's Epic Yarn: Come on, it's Kirby. If this isn't at least a solid game, something will have gone horrifically and pathetically wrong. I mean, come on. It's Kirby. It'll always be charming, at the very least. And I like the new art style (based on yarn, obviously.

Dragon Quest: Never really been a fan of this series, mostly cause I haven't played much of it. I also don't really like the new art style. I'm probably gonna leave this one alone. If it gets good enough reviews, then I might check it out.

Metroid: Other M: This looks brilliant. Seriously. Nice balance between first and third person and 2D/3D elements, good graphics, and another series that basically can't fail. It's just going to be measuring how awesome it is.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Sidescroller. No idea how this one will turn out. Looks like they're playing for nostalgia here (and even more of this later.)

Kid Icarus: Uprising: Out of nowhere. If this game is bad, LOTS of people will be VERY angry. I don't trust this one yet.

Goldeneye: The other nostalgia pick, I'm wondering how much they'll revamp the old game. If they stick with the basics of the original, and update it to match games of today, they'll have a lot of happy gamers. As with Kid Icarus, though, this is one of those dangerous games that could give them a lot of backlash depending on what they change.

That's the list, as it stands for now.
Oh, right, Nintendo 3DS. For all of you not watching, think larger screened DS with 3D capabilites, that you don't have to use glasses for. Personally, I'll probably leave this one alone. I don't need another piece of hardware that is more gimmick than use.

That's my take.
Thanks for reading.
Resident Evil: Considering what happened last time Resident Evil was on a Nintendo system, this one has good chances to be ridiculous.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Mazty said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Mazty said:
Your fanboy is showing.

My fanboy is showing?? You aren't concerned about the controls of a game?? Yeah, leave now fanboy.
All you've done is say what they showed, not why any look decent and not just rehashes of what's been around for DECADES.
Clearly you are trolling, so please, leave us all in peace and descend onto youtube, 4chan or wherever you go to post your bile.
Considering I own and have used a Motion+, I know for a fact that the controls work. I'm looking forward to some hands-ons from people online, which will likely have far less interference.
Have you ever considered why the games remain similar in the most basic of senses? Because the games are fun. DK Country remains one of the best 2D platormers of all time; a new one is great for 2D platforming fans. Kirby's new excursion offers a unique style, and some nice gameplay dynamics in regards to thread. Goldeneye is... well, it's Goldeneye. The classic gameplay is still spectacular, and seeing an update with the new advantages of IR control is something worth looking forward to. Kid Icarus is also a kickass game, which is seeing a revival: good stuff.
In conclusion, yes you are a delusional fanboy. You blind yourself to the excellence of this lineup because you are unwilling to believe that Nintendo would actually have something of quality. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
Mazty said:
Boneasse said:
@Mazty: Wow. I mean. Wow. Although you are, as everyone else, entitled to your own opinion, that post just SCREAMS fanboy and ignorance. I mean, really? Kinect looked shit, imho. Sure, there's a couple of nice features. But gameplay-wise, there's still a whole-lot of delay. And the sequels? I'm not impressed, though it's a fair line-up.

Oh right another person who think nostalgia gaming is fun. My post screams ignorance why? Because I want innovation in my games? Or how about I just want new games? That make me a fanboy? Back to youtube with you troll.
New games? All the games you mentioned when you replied to my post were sequels! Kinect is the only new thing that Microsoft really showcased and that costs $150 and looks to be geared more towards casual gamers. Kinectimals? Really?