Nintendo Lays To Rest Zelda Timeline Mystery

olicon

May 8, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Pompous little twat, isn't he? Assuming that he knows the story better than the creators of the game? Now that's just plain weird... Anyways, Nintendo's response makes much more sense--different legends, different Links. Good job, Nintendo.
Most of the time it's the rabid fans that knows the most about a story, not the writer. They write. It's their job. They *may* care about their writing, but the won't fret what happens to it at the end of the day. If they get to make their dream game, then yes, maybe. But chances are they are working on someone else's project, and thus have no real emotional attachment to it.

I have never seen a company so willing to treat their most important asset as shit. Nintendo basically butchered the entire legend surrounding the character, and that's never a good thing. It's like Aerith suddenly coming back to life and telling Cloud, "J/K".
I was thinking of showing this article to my friends who are Zelda fan. But I think I'll refrain from that now.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
olicon said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Pompous little twat, isn't he? Assuming that he knows the story better than the creators of the game? Now that's just plain weird... Anyways, Nintendo's response makes much more sense--different legends, different Links. Good job, Nintendo.
Most of the time it's the rabid fans that knows the most about a story, not the writer. They write. It's their job. They *may* care about their writing, but the won't fret what happens to it at the end of the day. If they get to make their dream game, then yes, maybe. But chances are they are working on someone else's project, and thus have no real emotional attachment to it.

I have never seen a company so willing to treat their most important asset as shit. Nintendo basically butchered the entire legend surrounding the character, and that's never a good thing. It's like Aerith suddenly coming back to life and telling Cloud, "J/K".
I was thinking of showing this article to my friends who are Zelda fan. But I think I'll refrain from that now.
Eh. Points all over the place, and here was me, thrown off because It's been some time since this post. There's a flaw in his theory, though, and that he tried to sell his theory to Nintendo as The most right and accurate and adoptable just goes to show that you really shouldn't tell the group that makes the thing how they should have written it. A modern equivalent would be telling the old scribes that Jesus should have had a sword and decapped a few dinosaurs, and that's why they were extinct. Well, maybe that's a bit extreme. Or not, I can't decide if I want gross over-hyperbole, or accurate analogical representation...either way, it's not the original writers' idea, so it's something I'm less inclined to believe. If there was one big overarching Zelda timeline...it's not his. Even if it was, the creators might just give him a big "Fuck You", and make a game that decimates his entire schema, simply on the basis that not all the Zelda games have been made yet, so there cannot be a comprehensive timeline. It's like an encyclopedia set that you get by mail, one every few months, but that you never know which one is coming. Sure, to someone unfamiliar with them, you might have the whole set, but for someone with a working thinker, something's gonna be amiss.

MichealRein

May 16, 2010
Just signed up so i can call bullshit on this. I didin't bother to click on the links in the article, but shigeru miyamato himself said they have a timeline for the zelda series, and they hope to release the official one eventually.

Refer to this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=614POHPH

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
To Those That Have Wasted Thousands Of Hours On A Zelda Timeline Theory: lulz ur a bynch of moruns.

Anyways, the online petition won't work and even if it did get a good following, legality would say "You're stupid if you think you can petition someone over their own fictional universe."

Jimi Bove

Jan 29, 2011
From the fan perspective, it can be fun to make connections out of clues that aren't actually supposed to be there and were placed by accident, but I don't see the point in making Nintendo agree. I'd be happy just pretending that was the timeline if I were ocarinahero10. From the creator perspective, if somebody told me that something I didn't intend was canon in my book, I'd say, "No, it isn't, but you can think it is if you want."