Nintendo Pushes Wii Party as Way to Pick-Up Girls

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Oh my GOD.

That was the funniest thing I've watched in ages.

Like, seriously, that was beyond stupid...

If this works, then I'm just going to have to do absolutely nothing.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
In other news, Playing wii Sports will make you fit and wii play will get you laid.

In all seriousness, this is just daft.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Hot new pick up line new from nintendo: I have a wii let's go back to my place and party.

A good comercial makes me laugh, this commercial made me think there is a wii hide and seek game??? o_O They totally ripped that off from me and the kids I used to play with!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure the Asian girl is just there because she owns the Wii.

...and, ya know... cultural diversity and stuff...
Except white folks guys with blond hair. They We suck. Racists. lol

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Keava said:
Part of me died only to be reborn again as a dark spirit of revenge that will kill every single idiot guy that will try to pick up girls using Wii..or any other console on that matter. Let the thousand years of terror begin! *maniacal cackle, coughing and lightning strikes in background*
Mark me as your first victim. Girls love Wario Ware and Mario Cart...then again, they also love LBP.

But Nintendo is doing the right thing here. They are a party system where someone with little to no experience can just pick it up and play and go vs. other people and have it not be a complete blow out. My mom plays Cart against me and my little brother, he always wins but we're always laughing hysterically by then end of it. If it was a standard racing game with a standard controller she would have gotten tired of it after the first race.

It is a stepping stone system, so let us embrace the people willing to take the first step and not crack them for not being good enough for real games.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
They're more right than you think. The amount of times i've seen a dick try to fit in with a load of guys enjoying themselves on a game because a girl they liked plays too is amazing. While it doesn't exactly happen like that advert, it's not really a very long stretch.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Last parties I went to, people went into other rooms for other reasons

OT: Hmm, seems fun, deffo looks like something to do when everyone is drunk and tired of Singstar.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'll admit, the game looks kinda fun (in comparison to other Wii [Insert Verb here] but the commercial is has hokey as you can get.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
well that's a misleading advert. i VERY much doubt it would go like that. the blond bloke seems like a complete cock anyway

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
"Hater's gonna hate, brah!"
"Screw you, Chad!"

Was it just me, or did the douchebag boyfriend seem like the quintessential 80's villain? I don't think the girl falling for the other guy had anything to do with the Wii other than Preston beating his chest over a petty win in what amounts to a console drinking game.

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
As a gamer, even I find it lame that they would leave the party to play a wii game.

well, THAT wii game at least, they couldn't even ACT like they were having fun.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I could see it happening to someone.
I mean, weirder things have brought people together.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
If this is true, I have to get Wii Party THE F--- now! Unfortunately, my BS radar is going off like crazy...