Nintendo Will "Never" Develop For Other Platforms, Says Iwata

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
If Nintendo wants to fail, sure. Nintendo's advantage is its a game company. Not a electronics company (Sony) and not a computer company (Microsoft). They make games and game accessories. What Nintendo should do is the opposite. I bought a Wii U to play Nintendo games. Im not gonna buy AC4 on it, or a CoD game, but the Wii U is where I HAVE to go to get Zelda and Mario and Pikmin. (And 3DS ofcourse). Xbox and Playstation are too similar, Wii is the different one, the inovative one, the one trying to improve and advance gaming. They arent selling a blu-ray player or a cable box, they are selling a game system and though they dont get the credit they deserve, they atleast put gamers first and in the end will probably always be the true king...

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Desert Punk said:
BoredRolePlayer said:
Desert Punk said:
WeepingAngels said:
Where did this nonsense start? Why do people expect Nintendo to make games for competing consoles? Is anyone suggesting that Microsoft put Halo on the PS3/4 or the Wii U?
Anyone with two braincells to rub together would LOVE to see Halo on the PS3/4 and the Wii U.

Console exclusive games are dumb. as. shit. Imagine if you bought a DVD but it wouldnt play in 2/3rds of DVD players on the market.
Just so you know one of the reasons why we had the first console crash was because you could find a game like frogger on 15 different systems. Exclusives kinda help consumers know what system has what and why it's needed.
It rather says something about how shitty consoles are if they will flounder and implode unless they hold specific games hostage.
Say that about Beta Max/VHS, and HD-DVD/Bluray as well. When companies picked one over the other the other format died. Also kinda says the same about PC gaming to, I mean how many games have exclusive features you can only get with a certain brand video card? Or when Microsoft made Halo 2 Windows Vista only having it use DX11 so people would buy Vista. Or if you pre-order a certain game at a certain store you get this nice exclusivity bonus. While you think it is stupid, it's been going on for a while, and on other formats not related to games.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Aiddon said:
so basically Iwata has to give the exact same answer to the exact same question he's been asked way too many times. Have the people who ask it never heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting things to change? It amazes me that Iwata and everyone else at Nintendo hasn't snapped due to the rampant idiocy going around the games industry. Those guys have minds made of steel.

The question gets re-asked as Nintendo faces difficulties. Its not insanity its more like 'Hey, are you suffering financially enough that you will bend your stance yet?

I'd be curious to see how many new fans they bring in annually. I mean we all grew up with the NES and the SNES, so we know whats going on. But with the economy the way it is these days, and Xbox and PS being big contenders...I wonder how many kids have never touched a nintendo title? If the numbers arent big enough, how long until the fan well dries up as people get older?