Nintendo Wins Another R4 Lawsuit

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
The usefulness and quality of homebrew apps and games for the DS is highly overrated.
If people want to make their own stuff for the DS they can do so and then submit them to be distributed through DSiWare (I assume). Otherwise, those who are making the R4 and other such devices should be making them so that they can only be used for homebrew and not to play official Nintendo games.

The legitimacy of claims that "they aren't all used for piracy" is diminished by the fact that everyone claiming as such follows up by saying that they use it for piracy and homebrew.

jojolagger

Apr 24, 2009
fletch_talon said:
those who are making the R4 and other such devices should be making them so that they can only be used for homebrew and not to play official Nintendo games.
And how would they go about doing that? Even if you somehow bypass the huge impracticality of making them unable to play certain games, it would be impossible to update the list of games that can't be played.
This is why democracy is doomed. Just because something is theoretically possible makes people assume it is practically possible.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
as long as i cant get a steady job, with decent pay, mod chip and r4 cards are the business

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
jojolagger said:
fletch_talon said:
those who are making the R4 and other such devices should be making them so that they can only be used for homebrew and not to play official Nintendo games.
And how would they go about doing that? Even if you somehow bypass the huge impracticality of making them unable to play certain games, it would be impossible to update the list of games that can't be played.
This is why democracy is doomed. Just because something is theoretically possible makes people assume it is practically possible.
All the more reason to ban them completely then.

I never said it was practically possible. I wasn't even sure it was technically possible. Unfortunately some solution needs to be found if they want to keep selling these things because I'd wager less than 1% of R4 owners have not used them to illegally download games.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
jojolagger said:
fletch_talon said:
What's wrong with democracy? We actually live in an age where such a thing is possible. (If you're talking about America's failings, America is a Democratic Republic. BIG difference.)