Nintendo World Unveils 3DS Launch Lineup, Battery Life

Cadapalo

Jun 8, 2010
The battery life on this just stopped me from wanting it on release day. I can deal with a shitty line up of games but I like to use my handheld for a good while before having to recharge. Oh well guess I'll be waiting for the 3DSi or whatever the next upgraded version is going to be called.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
Is the battery life really all that bad though? They only list two expected life spans, and the one for playing with 3D turned off is exactly the same as the time given for a DS lite on highest brightness. There could be a lot of room for 'oops, guess it wasn't as bad as we made it out to be' when we get more info on exactly what the system is supposed to be doing to get those figures.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
I'm pretty comfortable to wait for the inevitable '3DS lite'. You know it will happen eventually. By then, there'll be alot more games, it will likely be cheaper, and hopefully the battery life will last longer.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
That...is really weird. Nintendo is usually pretty aware that the best way to sell out its new merchandise is to coincide a new top tier title. No Mario or Zelda titles seems like a poor start.

[sub]And I'm still waiting until I see a release date for Paper Mario[/sub]

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
I'll wait a year for them to release the one that's lighter has twice the battery life, a brighter screen and an improved analogue stick.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I'll get in on it when there's an installment of each of the following:

- Advance Wars
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (A3D?)
- Fire Emblem
- enough other strategy games to make it worthwhile.

Until then I'm sticking with the DS Lite.