Nintendogs Blamed for Enticing Real Dog to Attack Child

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Bullshit. This is just another attempt to discredit video games.

And if the dog was that vicious, why would they let a nine-year-old be around it?

(Which is odd, since Bull Mastiffs seem to generally be a nice, docile breed.)

...something is definetly wrong here...

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
Nouw said:
Padwolf said:
It could be the little girl's fault too, if you bait a dog, it will attack, so if she kicked it, then she is to blame too
Welcome to the Escapist. First off, I beg to differ. All we know is that she didn't do anything to the dog.

I think it's a bit strange to have a Bull Mastiff that's not being watched and a 9 year-old girl in the same house. I feel nervous around them!
We don't even know that. At the end of the article, the girl's mother reportedly told the police that the girl might have kicked the dog and I think that makes sense, given where the girl said the dog grabbed her (the foot).

So its runs something like this:
1. The dogs comes in to investigate the barking sound.
2. Girl get annoyed or scared and kicks dog.
3. Dog grabs the girl's foot and pulls her off the couch
4. Girl starts screaming, flailing, maybe tries to strike dog again
5. Dog's instincts kick in and he attempts to subdue girl.
6. Girl loses part of her lip as she struggles
7. Adults arrive

Rathands

Oct 4, 2010
I wouldn't put too much faith in the article to be honest, they couldn't even spell the work 'barking' correctly.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
I want a Bull Mastiff now.

Not because it hurt a child, hell no.

But because them shits are huge.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
So wait...... she had a real dog, why is she playing nintendogs in the first place?
And is a Bull Mastiff the best pet to have around a 9 year old!?!? Why not a corgie or chiwawa? Something more her size.

Or just sod it all together and get a cat. ive never heard of a cat visiouslly attacking its owner over a video game.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
I...don't...think...you should be leaving little girls in a room with a dog named 'Saracen'.

Just sayin'.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
The dog definitely did attack due to hearing another dog, but a dog that violent should be in a kennel or something.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Yep, and play Modern Warfare and terrorists will come into your house and shoot you. I'm not trying to play down this incident, its tragic, but now a videogame has indirectly hurt a young girl, this will be ammo against gaming
I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn?t been playing it I don?t think the dog would have gone for her
Although, considering its the Daily Mail, im surprised they didnt try to blame it on foreigners, the racist scum
No one from Nintendo was available for comment.
and why would they be? its not like sort of thing is a hazard nintendo could have prepared for. maybe replace the actual barking with subtitles? woof woof. bark-ing mad is what this is, just a load of bull(mastiff)
I do pretty much agree. Although, Nintendo are a bunch of kamikaze suicide bombers responsible for Pearl Harbour!

I hate the Daily Mail. Plus, the Bull Mastiff is called Saracen. That woman needs to be executed for her ridiculous comments. I agree with the comment about Nintendo being unavailable for comment. I mean, who the hell is going to predict something like that? People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Besides the obvious fact that a tape deck with the sound of a barking dog could have gotten the same result...

Warning sign #1: it's a mastiff, one of the most aggressive breeds of dog on Earth.

Warning sign #2: its name is SARACEN. Fuck, why not just name it Attila, or Caligula, or Krogar Von Bloodspear. Because all of those are equally indicative that this dog isn't naturally characterized by its friendliness.

There's a reason why people give dangerous things dangerous names. How often do you hear about "Mr. Snuggles" ripping off part of a child's face?

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Riiiiiight... and if she was watching a TV show or a movie about dogs, it would've just been labeled as an "unfortunate accident"

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
What kind of parents let their kid near a Bull Mastiff? I'm terrified of those things. And I highly doubt that the game was at fault.

Drmonstereater

Feb 5, 2010
Mastiffs for the most park are quite gentle. Poor girl though, hopefully she'll grow up okay. As for the video-game, perhaps. Then again, the grandmother may have just been searching for a reason to deny the fault of the dog. Anyhow, I know nothing of dog psychology so wup-dee-doo.

scythecow

Aug 30, 2010
Clearly we have been presented with two problems: Video games, and dogs. I suggest both be banned and destroyed utterly. Or just one or the other. Whatever allows parents to defer responsibility of their own children is for the best. Can you imagine how horrible things would be if more parents were responsible? I sure can't.

This just in: A family's pet anaconda ate their baby today. The family always allowed the snake to freely roam about the house and claimed it had "never eaten their baby before." The snake was put down after the incident. The mother is recorded as suspecting it was because the family had just found a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Hideo Kojima was unavailable for comment.